[Resolved] Home Security Consultants of America, Inc.Stole money

5 Review updated:

Home Security Consultants of America charged me a fully refundable equipment deposit of $385.00 to begin employment (as home security consultant) with their company, but never offered employment or provided a refund of my deposit.

My contact was Brandon Reed, Director of Sales for HSC America - he is not picking up his phone now or answering emails, their website can be found at www.hscamerica.com

I have receipts proving that I sent the money order for $385 to HSC in December 2016 and copy of the independent consultant that was signed with HSC.

• Resolution statement

The issue was resolved - there was a misunderstanding that was taken care of.

• Updated by Alex J. Smal, Apr 19, 2017

The issue with HSC was resolved, there was a misunderstanding that was taken care of and I am no longer with the company.

• Updated by Alex J. Smal, May 23, 2017

HSC is not a real company, but rather elaborate scam by one man - see evidence below & make your own conclusions. I never got information as to who the owner or management of HSC was - their website says HSC is based out of Denver, but no exact address is listed (where you could come & meet someone). I looked up secretary of state business entities in CO (HSC doesn't exist there!), then I checked secretary of state in MN (where I sent my money) and that's when I learned the truth: https://mblsportal.sos.state.mn.us/Business/SearchDetails?filingGuid=294f22b6-05ad-e611-8166-00155d46d26e

Brandon Reed is the registered agent (CEO) of HSC, he owns HSC and lied about everything. The registered office address listed for HSC is a temporary PO Box Brandon rents at UPS store (#1015), which makes it hard for me and others to find him after I sent him my money order and he kept the money.

It took me 6 months to get my money back - after dozens of hours wasted, threats to file complaints with FTC, FBI (IC3) and a lot of stress! When you call the phone # on HSC website - no one ever picks up or returns your messages; same as Brandon, despite calling him dozens of times over many months, I could never speak with him; he doesn't returns calls, just emails back claiming he's been busy (classic Craigslist scam strategy). Also, he uses many email addresses like these - Brandon Reed

Al
Apr 05, 2017

Comments

• Br
      Apr 19, 2017

My name is Brandon Reed, I've been named in this complaint. This was a misunderstanding and as soon as we were notified we resolved the matter. This matter is closed and reached an amicable resolution. We wish Alex the best of luck in his future endeavors.

• Bo
      May 04, 2017

@Brandon H Reed Brandon

I inquired about the consultant position you posted on Craig's List in San Diego. I then received an email stating that I have to send you $395.00 for marketing materials. I've never met you, I don't know where your office is, I don't know where you live, and I'm not going to send you any money.

• Ej
      May 11, 2017

@Brandon H Reed I worked with HSC America in January 2017. I was one of only a few consultants who worked in their test markets (my market was in Omaha) as a salesperson. It was only a 2 month test project but I really enjoyed it. I ran about 80 appointments in 2 months, only about 2 per day, and I sold 47 systems. The money was really good, I've sold security for 4 years with other dealers and I have to say it was nice having appointments set ahead of time. Unfortunately Omaha isn't in their immediate plans, but I keep looking them up to see how they're doing (and if Nebraska makes their future expansion list.) I was surprised to see HSC listed on this website, Brandon and Angie were always good to work with. I never had any problems. I even considered moving to Denver to work with them. Brandon, if you see this it's JT in Omaha!

• Nb
      May 23, 2017

@EJTaubert I'm about to sign up. How can I confirm this is not a scam?

• Bo
      May 24, 2017

@NB14 Rule #1 on Craigslist. Do not send money to someone you have not met, cannot meet, and is out of your area. Sounds like the greatest and easiest job in the world. If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is. The internet is full of scams asking people to send them money. Send your money to someone in Zimbabwe that will then send you the millions you have won in the lottery that you never bought a ticket for. Don't be a victim. Look for a real job locally.

• Ta
      May 31, 2017

@Brandon H Reed Brandon,

Maybe this situation was a mistake but I am in the exact same situation with you and this company. I have been requesting my 385.00 deposit back for a long time. Today I received a check for 185.00.
    You don't return calls and rarely emails and no one ever answers the business 1800 number.
    I think this is a scam, and not a real company. If you are real, and this was a misunderstanding, I want my full amount overnighted to me and I would like an email back from you.
    If I don't hear from you I will pursue legal action.

Jun 06, 2017

@EJTaubert And send DOUG his deposit back!!!

Jun 06, 2017

@Brandon H Reed Brandon... I am waiting!

Jun 07, 2017

@Brandon H Reed Hi Brandon... do we have a misunderstanding too?

Jun 07, 2017

@EJTaubert WHY in the world would they not do Omaha with those results???????

Aug 11, 2017

@Brandon H Reed Brandon where is my refund???

Aug 11, 2017

@Brandon H Reed Where is my refund, have the decency to reply.

Jun 01, 2017

I am also expecting a significantly higher sum to be returned in 5 days. If not I am all in on further action.

• Th
      Jun 07, 2017

I asked for a refund on Feb 1st and I'm still waiting on the equipment deposit to be returned. I got an email from [protected]@hscamerica.com saying it was approved in mid April to be returned but I'm still waiting then Brandon Reed said he would paypal me the money three weeks ago and still hasn't happened. This was a very elaborate scam as it said that the equipment would be sent out in December for my deposit. Wrote them a check in November for the equipment. I'm contemplating filing a complaint with the FBI.

Jun 07, 2017

@ThomasSet Please keep me posted as I am in the same boat. I told Brandon yesterday that I will get my money's worth.

Jun 07, 2017

@Dougout24 They are now updating their Facebook page. I reverse searched Brandon's phone number and it came up near Ft. Pierce, FL...

Jun 07, 2017

Hey Brandon, I'm waiting on my refund too! It's been almost a month of going back and forth with this con-artist. Then he says he's going to PayPal me the money. Then he supposedly didn't receive my emails so he is emailing me from a gmail account. Then says he's going to forward it some department (yea right, they all work remotely) to process. I have an attorney who has written up a complaint - we can take him down.

Jun 07, 2017

@MDawnj I would like you and Thomas Set to pm me on Facebook ... Doug Ellwood with 1973 afro pic! Lets work together for the best outcome.

Jun 08, 2017

The problem is we can't find an address to serve him. Anyone have info on this??? Today he sent me $50 via PayPal and says he is doing what he can. Whatever

• Da
      Jun 08, 2017

@MDawnj I feel like a complete fool now that i'm reading that HSC America is a scam...I'm in San Diego and sent Brandon my $395 deposit. I was told that I was going to get a tracking # today and my sales kit would arrive tomorrow Friday June 9th. As I'm writing this I just got an email from Brandon...see the email below;

Hello, and I hope all is well. The purpose of this message is to provide a brief update on the status of our upcoming training.

Unfortunately at this time I must report that there will be a slight delay in the rollout of our training which was originally scheduled to begin next week. Despite our strongest efforts, we have fallen short of our staffing goals and several of our new territories are still understaffed with sales contractors. In order to maximize efficiencies in advertising and keep our costs-per-appointment low enough to be profitable, our territories need to all have adequate coverage both geographically and from the standpoint of being able to support a certain volume.

As of today we are roughly 70% staffed as a whole, with a few territories already at 100%. I will be in meetings today planning out our strategies for scaling up recruiting efforts so that we can get adequately staffed and officially roll this out. We were on track until some recent waves of attrition from a few networks we hired.

I know this doesn't come as good news and I would like to assure you that the company is just as excited to launch our business as each of our contractors are. With that said, it is of the utmost importance that we do this the right way, with everything in place, as our mission is long term success as a company and for each member of our sales organization.

At this time I don't have a specific reschedule date for training, but I am working on that today. Based on current recruiting figures I'm confident we'll be able to reschedule within 30 days.

Although we don't want to lose anyone, if you are unable to hold onto your position during this delay and you wish to pursue other interests please simply let me know and I'll have your security deposit issued to you immediately. Refund requests should be sent to me directly via email please. DO NOT reply directly to this email - please send all responses to me personally at brandon.[protected]@hscamerica.com

Thanks for all of your patience as we work through this and position our business for long term success.

...I truly cant believe I fell for this BS! I'm going to send Brandon a email and request my money ASAP. San Diego is a big market and now that I'm reading more on HSC I realize I was lied to...I can find this guy 100% so if anyone is not getting there $ back lets work together to resolve this...I have family in law enforcement high up and I will put the heat on this guy if he is FFFing with our $!!! hit me up via email [protected]@gmail.com

Jun 08, 2017

@Daniel G DeMoss He sent me the same email buddy. He is the truest of scam artist. I have never been scammed before, but he got me. I'm trying to get him back but I can't find anything concrete on where he is.

• Ju
      Jun 28, 2017

@Daniel G DeMoss hello danny my name is julio sanchez and im in san antonio texas i had the same problem with this dude brandon reed i sent them money for what they call territory security and its being seven months and nothing is happening. lets get this guy and kick his [censor]!!!

Jun 12, 2017

Does anyone have an address on Brandon???

• Br
      Jun 13, 2017

To the individuals on this conversation thread.
    This is Brandon, I've been in communication with each of you via phone/text/email.
    First of all, on behalf of the company and myself, I am truly apologetic to anyone that feels they have been "scammed" and financially taken advantage of. Although this is not the case, I can understand your frustration.
    If you have requested a deposit refund from our company PLEASE email me directly with a refund status update. I have updates today.
    If you have paid or submitted deposit funds to our company and have requested a refund, rest assured those funds will be returned. I can understand your frustration if you feel you have been made a victim of some type of "scam" however that is simply not the case. No doubt, the company has run into some major obstacles and roadblocks during our launch, and the list of challenges over the past few months is long, but we haven't gone anywhere and we won't. Financially, we've had bank accounts frozen into a no-debit status during a random bank audit of transactions and we've had funds held by processors. We've had vendors go out of business after we've paid them...I could go on...it hasn't been easy. I'm not trying to make excuses - I'm trying to communicate that despite the challenges, we're working on solutions. We're no retreating. We've been successful in opening up secondary financial accounts and we are in the process of freeing up the funds needed to continue paying our operating expenses while also providing full refunds to the folks who have requested. Honoring refund requests are a top priority for us and will occur in a matter of days.
    During this time I've received threats to myself, my family, to the company, and even worse. I'm not looking for sympathy, however I am asking for a few days of patience and to refrain from the slander/malicious/threatening messages. The company is not arguing or denying that anyone is owed a full refund if they have requested it. In fact, we've processed several already and all others will be on the way soon. If you're someone asking for a refund and you would like to have an update please email me directly and I'll do everything I can to expedite. You have my contact info.
    I would like to reiterate - the company isn't going anywhere. Our sales platform will be re-launched, too much work and money has been invested into it.. It's unfortunate that we're experiencing some serious roadblocks and we accept full responsibility.
    With that said, if you're goal on this site is to slander the company and myself, that's your choice. I will not advise you how to act or pursue your interests. However, if you're in pursuit of your refund, again, please contact me directly via email and I will make sure you are taken care of. Not because of threats and not because of the reviews on this website. We will honor refund requests because we do believe in doing what is right and we will honor our commitments. And believe it or not, I will wish you the best in your future endeavors if you're one of the contractors who is requesting a refund/release from our program. Although I don't blame you if you don't, we'd absolutely welcome any of our lost contractors to revisit our opportunities in the future.
    I do want everyone to be advised that I won't participate in arguing / debating / or responding to abrasive or coercive messages. I can give you transparent information regarding the timely return of deposits moving forward, if that's what you're after I'm more than happy to assist so we can all move beyond this.
    Thanks.

Jun 13, 2017

@Brandon HSC You are full of [censor], "Brandon." I want everyone to know I've been digging on this company and person. More than one check cash place in Minnesota has banned them because they owe them money. They use 3 party money avenues and then cash these electronic checks at check cash stations. Perfect money laundering scam. Brandon Reed is not an actual person - none of the check cash places could give more info unless they were speaking to the authorities. The address listed on Facebook is not theirs. I called the Managing company of the address and they are not listed as a unit. The check cash stations have all said they refuse to go through their bank - TYPICAL SCAMMER/Money Launderer. I've asked this Brandon for an address to be served at - there is no address. If this business is running an honest play here, giving up an address and facing the music would not be a problem. DO NOT BELIEVE HIM.

• Ni
      Jun 14, 2017

@MDawnj I have also done some digging and the place in Denver has never heard of him. When he was emailing from the HSC address it pinged back to burlington Mass. I am involving the Denver FBI, but I encourage everyone to file a complaint here:

There is a lot of info on the electronic checks that have been cashed and Green.Money also has a lot of information on him, but they need the authorities to request that information. Don't let him get away with this. The more people to file claims the better!

Jul 01, 2017

I am also a part of the Brandon Reed scam, if this is truly a real company then show those who have dedicated their interest in you how real you are. I cannot think of a start up company of any type that literally takes nine months to begin. I am in Michigan and have dealt with the same continious excuses and delays. The latest being that on June 23rd I would receive all the materials needed to begin and on June 26, 2017 training would begin. I got yet another email on the Friday before explaining how there were a few things that did not resolve and there is another delay. No details, no other communication. I have kept every email from the beginning of our communication with this HSC America.

• Fr
      Jul 05, 2017

Well I was suppose to receive start up equipment over a week ago after the first delay, which was originally suppose to start the first week of June. I can't believe it but I sent this company Money too and have now been promised a refund.. I tell you I don't know if this is a Scam or Poor Management, but at this point it doesn't matter, most people on here including myself do not have an Extra 400 dollars, laying around, if we did we are probably not looking at a job with this kind of "income Potential" but not having that money or the job that was promised with it has personally put me up against it. If anyone is going to try to take this guy or company down. we should . Exchange emails or start a facebook group and then pursue a strategy if there is one, how can we get law enforcement involved guys

Jul 05, 2017

Almost 2 months ago this company HSC America and Brandon Reed (if that's his real name) took a $395 deposit from me and promised to return it - but still hasn't. Now they will not return any calls or emails. Doing business with him was a mistake. Don't you make the same mistake.

Jul 05, 2017

If you too have been a victim of this scam please take the time folks to post your story here - soon we will have enough complainants for the FBI to aggressively pursue and jail this guy. We may not get our money but he won't be able to continue hurting other people.

• Ta
      Jul 05, 2017

I am also going through the process of getting my equipment fee refunded to me. Brandon had always responded to my emails same day or next day now I haven't heard from him in weeks. Im disappointed, this company had potential to be great and to find out so many others have been cheated...I'm currently working with a legal advisor on how to move forward. Not only to get my money back but to prevent this from happening to anyone else.

• Tc
      Jul 05, 2017

Best scam I have ever seen. So elaborate. But add me to the list of those who are out $385.00. Thought for sure today would be the day that I would get my money, because the Director of Sales promised me, 40 days ago that in 10 to 15 days I would get it. Understand he had to turn it in to be processed! Include me in any actions going forward.

Jul 06, 2017

Folks don't believe this latest email from him regarding the company being acquired. It's all [censor]. Keep up the pressure. Gotta get this man in jail.

Jul 06, 2017

He's having you mail your name to himself at his own domain. Unbelievable. My life's work is going forward to jail this man.

Jul 06, 2017

This clearly demonstrates Brandon Reed that you have no intention of returning the $395 you stole from me and all the hundreds of others. This email you sent - having people reply back to you at the same domain with the information you already have? You know who you stole from, and so will the FBI. Don’t destroy the lists of folks you stole from - because that’s proof of the crime; the destruction of the evidence.

We’re not going away this time. But you are.

Jul 07, 2017

You said: “I apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced along the way up to this point.”

This isn’t an inconvenience – This is you stealing our money. Money needed to pay bills and feed our families. It’s unconscionable. This is not some debt owed some company vendor, as you seem to correlate it with. This is our hard earned money that you stole right out of the mouth of our babies. You don’t get to blame some business failing’s. You ran an employment advertisement promising work. You required a deposit so a job could be obtained, then you keep the money. It’s hard to believe someone could be this cruel.

Jul 09, 2017

I see in here different amounts for deposits. My deposit, that is owed to me, is 295 and I signed on in November of 2016. The emails responses are a huge lie. His latest emails stating the transfer of the company. Very poorly created emails. I am also waiting for a refund. It did not take six months for us to give the money it should not take six months for the money to be returned. Being that it was a deposit for equipment.

He is a liar, scammer and degenerate. A very low life individual. Any person that claims to have family and is a upstanding person themselves does not do this to other people. You claim that you and your family were threatened. You put your family and yourself in that position when you kept up your scam and did not return money when requested. This is all your fault!!

I am on the side of everyone. Brandon Reed, I hope you are jailed for internet fraud and you hold a long record of being a degenerate.

Jul 09, 2017

Nobody is going to acquire this asset free company. This company has not a thing any acquiring company would want. It's all a lie. He put this acquisition story in his emails so to acquiesce us so we will stay silent, stop protesting, delay us, and so we do not go to the law. Prison will be be a fine place for this con-man. Him in prison will be worth the $395 he stole from me and my family.

Jul 09, 2017

Nobody is going to acquire this asset free company. This company has not a thing any acquiring company would want. It's all a lie. This acquisition story in the emails is to acquiesce (all you stole from), so we will stay silent, stop protesting, delay us, and so we do not go to the law.

Stealing from people who are trying to find a job to feed their families, pay their rent and bills is one of the lowest offenses one can perpetrate, and judges are exceptionally critical of such deviants who prey on the most vulnerable.

It’s time to stop lying. You’re busted.

• Ni
      Jul 13, 2017

My name is Nicole and I was scammed too by Brandon. I even called and said that this sounds like a scam but for instead of going with my gut instinct. I have called several times and emailed and do not get any response. I did get an email asking me to send my refund request to them. Shouldn't they already have on file who has requested a refund?? I just emailed so I will let everyone know what happens.

Jul 14, 2017

Company refunded my money on 07/13/2017.

Jul 15, 2017

Refund was made to me on July 14, 2017.

• Al
      Jul 21, 2017

July 12th, 2017.
    Hello Alice, for future inquiries please email [protected]@hscamerica.com.
    The refund will be processed by Monday or Tuesday at the latest. We're just finishing up verifications, then the acquisition should be complete by Thursday and refunds will go out asap after that.
    July 18th, 2017.
    Hi Alice, the ACQ went through. That's good news. We're going to get to work on getting the refunds out. Do you accept paypal?
    Please advise at your earliest.
    thanks!
    (THIS WAS THE LATEST MESSAGE I GOT FROM HSC AMERICA ABOUT MY REFUND)...today i am still waiting!!

Jul 22, 2017

I Filed a IC3 complaint form with the FBI today.

Aug 11, 2017

Still waiting from my refund six weeks later!!!

Sep 09, 2017

@beverstraete still waiting. No contact. no word.

• St
      Sep 08, 2017

HOME SECURITY CONSULTANTS OF AMERICA
    Stephen Robinson in HOUSTON TX you know the Place we FLOODED our Home. I NEED my refund.
    You [censored] me around to Set up a Paypal account. I am still waiting.
    I will Hunt you to the End of the Earth to Find you.
    I Need my money TODAY>>>>>

• St
      Sep 09, 2017

Last I heard from Brandon Reed...

[protected]@hscamerica.com Aug 2, 2017
    to me
    Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the PDF invoice, but we're looking for a paypal invoice, to be sent from Paypal to this email address. It's easy to do once you log into paypal. I know it's a pain, but it's the only way Paypal is allowing us to make these deposits in cases where our direct payments are being blocked.

Do not send to brandon.reed...
    Make sure it's an actual invoice, not a "pay request"
    Should be easy to do. We'll pay the invoice without logging in which should prevent it from being blocked.
    Let me know if you have any questions.

Oct 03, 2017

Brandon,

where is my refund. Im still waiting !!!

Sep 13, 2018

This issue is not resolved, I still have not received my money that this loser stole from me.