Home play / unathorized transaction

1 TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-475-1942 & 866-915-11

I have had three charges to my account with I did not authorize by any means.

1: Home play (Trace number 822516) Phone #[protected]
2: Budget Savers (Trace Number unknown) Phone # [protected]
3: LBS Health Options (Trace Number unknown) Phone # [protected]

Some how these places got my credit card information, without my knowledge. I have already called these places and told them to cancel whatever account was open for them to access my information.

It is real scary when a company calls you offering you some information or service and can get any information they need just from your name, address and phone number.

In one case someone called me to offer me a service or product, ofcourse it sounded great, but I wasn't interested and hung up. The next time I got a call from the same people or so I thought and they said they could do the purhcase without my consent if they wanted. Nothing resulted from this thank God, but still this is scary. It is getting to a point where you cant make a purhcase anywhere without your information be scattered out everywhere to other companys.

I know I sometimes make purchases online and I watch everything I do before I send it through. Somehow there must be more going on behind the scenes and not to your knowledge when you do make that purchase.

Comments

• Ri
      9th of Aug, 2008

cancel did not subscribe to home play

• Ed
      30th of Sep, 2008
    Home play - 25.00 gift card
    Home Play
    29 winter
    Fall River
    Massachusetts
    Phone: 508678-3435

I just finished talking to your company i wish to cancel my membership after i get the $ 25.00 gift card.

27th of Oct, 2008

Unable to collect the $25 gift card after appling on line, the web site is not available.

• Wy
      30th of Jan, 2010
    Home play - rip off

i was promised a 50 dallor gift card but in gettin the run around and i dnt think thats fare the way they are doing people than they tell you to go to a web sit thats not on the web and when i called custermer service they said our web is down we can mail you a form it wll take to or three weeks before you recevie the form than another eight tto ten weeks before you get the card i've been waiting for almost two months know.

• Je
      13th of Feb, 2010
    Home play - unauthorized charges
    Elmira
    New York

home play has attempted to make 4 withdrawals from my account, each for the amount of $24.95. I have no idea who they are or how they got my information. I don't even know how to stop it!!

• Da
      5th of Sep, 2010

Wow, sounds like what i just discovered. The same phone number was given to me from my bank after i saw that they had charged my card without my authorization. Who the heck are these people? I to am not rich i am on ssi and cannot take these kinds of fraudulent charges. I agree that something has to be done about this nut company of frauds. How did they get my info.?

• Ga
      5th of May, 2013

BUDGET SAVERS AND GREATFUN are two big rip offs they both got my account number from me ordering one item from t v and wanted me to take a 30 day of some sort of discount tickets or something I never received anything but have been charged 19.99 a month from greatfun and 29.95 from budget savers I have contacted a lawyer about this hopefully I will get my money back because this is fraud