Home Mortgage / Overstated income by loan service rep!

1 4094 Mississippi St #6San Diego, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 619-770-1847

I'm not sure if what happened to me falls under predatory lending per se but it must be consider fraud. I had a condo and loan in San Diego through Countrywide and used a Countrywide authorized loan agent to process my loan application. For my income I faxed on my company letterhead a memo stating I made $60k annually and it was signed by my manager. I just found out the amount reported on my loan doc is $160k not the $60k I reported. When I called 'The Bianchi Team - [protected]' authorized loan agents for Countrywide, they claim my income statement was never received and is not in my file. Countrywide tells me the loan is a 'stated' loan so no documents are required and the person that serviced my loan is no longer working in their office so I have no evidence, except for the original signed mem that I faxed, to show that my income was overstated by Countrywide which deems the contract illegal and a fraud.

I lost the $60k a year job, had to scramble to find a job that paid half that amount, had to short sale my home, lost over $61k in down payment and closing fees, and now my credit is ruined for 7 years or more.

Cl

Comments

• Ro
      1st of Dec, 2008
    Home Mortgage - Customer Service
    American Home Mortgage Servicing

American Home Mortgage Servicing, Inc (AHMSI) should change their company name to India Home Mortgage Servicing, Inc, or better yet move to India. Whenever you call AHMSI customer service, your call ends up in India and you cannot get anyone that can really help you. The only thing those customer service folks are trained to do is collect payment. If you need help with anything else like tax related issues and insurance, turn to your fax machine and wait a couple of weeks for an incorrect wrong response by mail. AHMSI employees are in a closet and they do not speak to their customers because they are so rude and disrespectful, so the CEO have them communicating only by fax machine. Isn't that sad!

• Re

Home Mortgage - Calling constantly - and for someone who doesn't live here
    BAC Home Loan Servicing
    South Carolina
    Phone: 1-800-669-0102

This company has been calling us 2-3+ times a day. As early as 8 am and as late as 9pm. We have had this phone # for only 2 months and they are calling for someone who, I assume, previously had this phone #. We have never had any business with this company and are being harrassed! I've answered the phone and told them at least 5 times now that the person they are looking for is not at this number. I have tried calling them back but get just an automated system and can only get a rep if i have an account number. If they were legitimately collecting a debt from us, I'd think we were being harassed; having never had any dealings with them and constantly gettting calls for someone who is not even at this number is definitely harrassment.

• Si
      10th of Jul, 2010
    Home Mortgage - Servicing
    American Home Mortge Service, Inc
    Poultney
    Vermont

We have had them place the flood insurance on our property as they were cheaper and they allowed us to pay monthly which was easier than a yearly sum to come up with. Originally this was Option One Mortgage Co. but they changed to the AHMSI, and last Dec. they decided that they were going to charge us for the "2 years" of flood insurance in one year, thus almost doubling our payments. We finally got our own policy and have paid it, paid our own homeowners ins., and now they still want another 98.50 per month for some insurance. Over the last 3 months we have received MANY calls as we got a month behind due to the amounts we had to pay them while they cleared up our acct., but now it is still NOT done. Because we have a hard time understanding the accents of most of the people that call, we ased where they are calling from, and ALL of them have been from INDIA, the one today, New Delhi, India. Do they even know where Vermont even is? Well now they owe us money that totals up to 4 months of payments plus a little more. But they say that to release the money to us we have to make our acct current, but we were also told the check was in the mail June 21. A NIGHTMARE. Probably will call the Attorney General's office on Monday and see what can be done.