Home Mortgage Negotiator / Not Honoring Refund Policy

1 This issue was amicably resolved., Mt Clemens, MI, United States Review updated:
Phone: Unable to remove complaint - resolved.

After checking BBB report, paid $1500 for HMN to negotiate a modification for my mortgage. Several months later, now in foreclosure and nothing done by HMN. I attempted for 9 months to obtain a refund (guarantee states they keep $499 for a 'forensic audit' (ha!). After several run-arounds and false promises from HMN financial director Brad Patrick, now filing small claims court charges to get my refund. This is a very sleezy company that preys on desperate people seeking help to keep their homes to dupe them out of $1, 500. BBB report was originally an "A" rating, checking now it has a "C-" rating with several complaints. I reported to the Attorney General office of Michigan, and hopefully they will investigate and shut down this horrible company. If you are in trouble with your mortgage, do yourself a favor and negotiate with your mortgage company yourself. I would probably still have my home if I did this.

Pi

More Home Mortgage Negotiator Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Hm
      30th of Dec, 2010

Home Mortgage Negotiator is not aware of the complaint above. For some reason we may have misunderstanding of this issue. Please feel free to contact the Brad Patrick and we will resolve this issue.

Thanks,

• Pi
      30th of Dec, 2010

This issue was amicably resolved. I am unable to remove the posting.

• De
      21st of Dec, 2011

Went through their stuff for 6+ months. Countless paperwork and bank statements. Bank forclosed on the property.

Their website is down and will no longer respond to emails as of 12/21/2011. BBB now rates them as a "F". I will not be getting my money back. Key contacts here were Paula Ramanauskas, Lissa Fradet, and Jeffrey Perkowski. Owner is Mr. Nick Ritts.

Google: home mortgage negotiator complaints

BBB site:

I would suggest doing a small claim against any and all participants.

I would also suggest going directly through banks and stay away from any form of "negotiator" unless you know them personally. These firms seem to collect and fax your stuff to the banks which is what you can do. Save your money.