Home Foreclosures / Unauthrozied Charges

National Foreclosure Consulting Group
Phone: 877-HOPE-022
Stan Prokoff and I talked about saving my home. He was high pressure and worked me very hard on the phone to get my checking account number. He said if I cannot make this work to call him and they would not charge my account. I was not gettting a good feeling after our talks. I never opened Stans e-mails or gave them any written documents. I then lost my current job and called Stan to let him know not to proceed. He was very high pressure once again trying to get me to proceed. I told him not to procced with anything and I could not do this due to finances.

National Foreclosure Consulting Group charged my checking account $750.00 one week aftyer our talks. Since then I have had to dispute the charges and the bank has charged me a fee to do so.

I would highly recommend not using this company as I have found out there are companys doing the same service with a money back gaurentee.

D  29th of Apr, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
If you didn't authorize them to do anything how did they get your account number and routing number. If I didn't want anyone to proceed I wouldn't give them any info./ Seems like there is 2 sides to this story. I used them and they saved my life. Thanx TNFCG
D  19th of May, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I called Jerry Foster because he had put an online application to get help in saving his home. I called him and we spoke and I told him how I can help save his home.he agreed and we set up a payment secedual to get started. I e- mailed him everything that we needed to take to his mortgage company to modify his loan. Jerry Foster never opened any of my e mails. I called him he never answered his phone.Jerry Foster called me and told me about his situation with his job. I told him that we can still proceed till he finds another job at least he will not lose his home I did not pressure Jerry, I was truley concerned and wanted to help him every way I could. When he called me the following week he wanted a refund and that he was doing a short sale on his property. I found out that we could save Jerry on transfer Tax settlement charges that could mount up to 2100 dollars. I called Jerry Foster to inform him of what we could save him but again he never answered his phone until three days later he puts me up on this complaint board.
A  16th of Jun, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I had 500.00 taken out of my account today, and I had sent an email to them last week to cancel. The email I received from Fred Daniello said that the money was originally supposed to be taken out on 6-12-09 and he changed it to 7-1-09, and AFTER I followed THEIR instructions on CANCELLING(send a request in writing), they still took the money out.
N  20th of Jun, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I would like to say that I formally apologize to these guys because I have been under alot of pressure(Chris knows), and I mis-read the info from Fred Daniello's email. The money was taken out on its scheduled time.
N  6th of Aug, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -2 Votes
People Are so quick to jump down on a company and crush them!!! I don want them to breath!! Jesus people have all your facts first before you start hangn people!!!

A  7th of Aug, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Mr Prokoff in a legal firm and most likly a lawer. I still had to pay the bank fee's and had to dispute threw the bank. He did till me he had sent it threw for credit but the damage was done.
Believe what you want, I am in my house, late payments off the credit report, $600 less a month in payments and I spent no money to do this. There are new laws in effect that make the banks work with you. Don't let these people prey on bad times. If you are unable to handle it yourself then I bet he can do what he say's. Just don't give into the pressure they put on you to do it right now. If you have a little spirt and can talk to the bank for 20 minutes don't waste your money, just make a phone call to the lost medication deptartment. You can save $2700.00.

This will be the last time I dispute Mr Prokoff. I have no dought he can do what he says, just don't let him pressure you into doing it right away. A couple of days will not make a differance because the banks are running way behind. If he gets your bank acount and syas he won't charge it, be prepared to pay the fee's.
N  8th of Aug, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I talked with this firm. They did try to pressure me to do it right then. They said they had to get it to the bank right now. This raised a flag because I know the banks don't work that fast. They put me on hold for a little bit and then came back and said. Yes we can do this. I need a commitment from you NOW in order to get this to go through. I refused and then started to research a little and found this post. I did what Jerry said and the bank is working with me and they don't want $3000.00 to do it. They don't want anything except to get me back into monthly payments. I have a Fanny May loan and there are new Laws the President has passed to help the home owners.
Jerry is right, just call your bank. I was 11 months behind and they are working with me. I must beliieve Jerry, one just doesn't take the time to wrtie this stuff if there was not a wrong doing. I didn't see Mr Prokoff offering to reemburse fee's!!!

Thanks Jerry you saved me a lot of money.

A  18th of Aug, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Mr Stan Prokoff spoke with me about helping me to modify my mortgage. He did talk me out of my bank account number and he did take an unauthorized amount of money - $500.00 from my account without my permission. Now, I had to close my bank account and opened up a dispute claim with my bank. I have received very unprofessional emails from him. I am a private investigator and should have known better than to give my personal information to that company or that man. However, in desperation I did. Contingetnt that they contact me first and that there was no funds in the bank. Also emailed and called to STOP working on this as I was done with them. They are truly the worst of the bunch. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!!! I am going to file fraud charges on this bunch of hooligans...
N  25th of Sep, 2009 by
let me defend myself here.. first I am an employee and I do not take money out of any ones account... Sadly disappointed and I set up an account to start to modify her property we set a date of when the funds will be drawn out ..its the same as them giving us a check to get started I turn the funds in to the company and the funds are taken out at that specified time...when sadly disapointed wrote to me and said unless we can get started immediately that she cannot wait 30 days to get started, I sent her an e mail saying we will get started immediately, not in 30 days, I said it may take 30 days or longer to complete not 30 days to get started. When I thought I made myself clear on this, when she called me, I explained that to her and she did not say anything to me ..I assumed that was all that concerned her until the first payment was taken out of her account on the agreed date.. she wrote me a very disturbing email that I forwarded over to the vice President to refund her money and all I tried to do was defend my possition she went on line and sent me back my home address and was very threatening this is a very disturbed women we do a lot of great things here all the time we save homes and we save people thousands of dollars and they can afford to keep their home and have a little extra each month.. these group of people are losers who have nothing better to do but to try and muddy my name... these people started the program then backed out refunds take time these are not people that we helped unfortantly its only the losers that go on line and complain about something that they did to them selves and will not take the blame...anyone who wants to save their home and lets us complete the process does not complain because we are 97% successful in getting our clients the proper modification that they were seeking...and I wish they would respond by putting that on the board
N  23rd of Oct, 2009 by
The National Foreclosure Consultant Group got my account # from me but I was to send my signature on the Authorization form but I did NOT send it and I notified them via reply E-mail (prior to the date they determined to take the money out) to cancell and destroy my account information so the charge from NCFG was unauthorized. I wanted to go with a local modification company all along and I found one so there I went. I called the NFCG Rep and said would call me back - they did not. Called again - same. This company is preying on the blood of others when they are wounded financially and look at the complaints on the complaint board, ripp off report, the BBB, etc. I have called the Attorney general of New Jersey and he said there were complaints about this comnpany (I got his name). WHY IS THIS COMPANY STILL IN BUSINESS ATTORNEY GENERAL?
D  30th of Oct, 2009 by
This client started up with me cancelled and than started again.. She did send in all her authorization forms signed and we drew out her first payment for 375 . I stayed in my office until 10pm working on her debt to income financials to submit to the bank. I drew up a hardship letter for her and submitted her file to get processed..After doing all of this she sends me an e mail that she is willing to give up her home to the bank for a short sale.I summited a refund request to my manager and and with all the time we put into her file we had to take this into concideration..When you hire someone to work for you and we put hours of work into it with authorization than a company has the right to charge for that time of service.
N  28th of Jan, 2010 by
National Foreclosure Consultant Group / TNFCG / HOPE 4 Solutions / Velahos Law Firm is doing business under multiple organizational names. Purpose is to help struggling homeowners save their home from foreclosure, but they don’t, and you end up screwed. If you have been taken by these people please file complaints with the BBB, Attorney General(NJ), Ethics Committee (NJ), add the Bar Association (NJ).

Office of Operations:
49 Newton Avenue Woodbury, NJ 08096
47 Cooper St. Woodbury NJ 08096

No longer active www.velahoslaw.com

Better Business Bureau Rating (D-F)Rating:

Multiple Complaints:
N  2nd of Feb, 2010 by
I have also dealt with Stan. he4 also pressured me into doing this. Not only did he call me once and I told him no but he called me for weeks until I agreed to it. Here I thought he was going to help me out of a bad situation but he just made it worse. I am sorry I ever got missed up in this. I really wish I would have read further into the company before I just handed them my hard earned money.
A  12th of Oct, 2010 by
I am another unhappy customer of NFCG...lousy customer service and the worst part-over charging me an extra $300! I should've read the complaints before signing up with this company! I should've done my homework! They had accounting call me to authorize the last $300 (or else I'd lose my home, and we're really close to the finish line, according the the scare tactic voice). Unfortunately, the loan modication never went through, I lost my home, and was over charged because the automated payments for the last $300 went through as well. So one of the payments was a manual one (they called it an accounting error which they will NEVER FIX). Trying to get anyone to solve the over charge was the worse experience, no return calls, the usual run-around...PLEASE PEOPLE: do not give authorization, any up front money for any loan modifications!! I"ve been scammed TWICE from two different "lawyer" operations like this! You can do your own loan modifications with your own bank! You do not need to pay these scammers! LEARN from my mistake of $3100!!! DO NOT DEAL with NFCG! Frank, Chris, if you are reading this and can refund the $300, I will definitely post a nicer comment.