Home Finance of America/Mortgage / Home Mortgage

1 521 Plymouth Meeting Rd., #112Plymouth Meeting, PA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-358-5626

These people are scam artists and liars!!! BEWARE!!! Extrememly dishonest. They advertised 5% for 30 years with 20% down, a $295 immediate down payment toward total costs of $1, 300. After I signed up, the fees kept coming all the way to $5, 560.00! plus changed to 25% down, plus 2 points up front (1 point over what was quoted to sucker me in). Their response, read the fine print. This is BAIT & SWITCH after they have your money and you're locked into the scam!! Bob Glazewski lied every time we talked, and the manager, Fran, said "if you think your getting any money back, there's no way that's happening". They were also slow at getting the documents and may have cost me the home. They also got a company to return a low appraisal for $295 and then said I could have a better appraisal, but I would have to pay an additional $500. These people need to be shut down permently. It looks like preditory lending is rampant with this company.

Sh

More Home Finance of America/Mortgage Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ha
      27th of May, 2009

i have finance 3 homes in 3 states and refinanced 1 after the inintial purchase all with HFA and found no better deal. You might look at your credit report.

• Co
      31st of Dec, 2011

I've used HFA twice, and am about to use them for the third time. I've found no better rates than theirs, they have never asked me for money up front, and I've never had any fees changed after starting with them. I've recommended them and others have used them with no complaints.