HOME EQ SERVICING / breach of mortgage modification

I am one of the folks in mortgage trouble. I called to work out a mortgage issue, and was pleased with the results. I sent in the requested paperwork to HomeEq Servicing, but a month later, my mortgage check was returned with a foreclosure note on it. When I called the company, I was informed that I had not sent in the paperwork and it would cost about 5000 dollars to keep my house and fix it. They also told me that my homeowners insurance and property taxes would be escrowed. WRONG. I need help.

More HOME EQ SERVICING Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Bl
      17th of Mar, 2009
    HOME EQ SERVICING - COMPLAING CURED
    HOME EQ SERVICING
    California

I had complained of Home Eq Servicing breaching a verbal and written contract as they had sold my home. I GOT IT BACK!!! Here's how, I contacted the Vice Prez of the Company, mentioned breach of contract, gave him the info, he then followed up on my account. It seems, that sometimes, you have to bypass all of the employees and I have to commend Mr. Belech on his work. Well Done!! Good Luck everyone, hope you save your home.

• Nu
      28th of May, 2009

what are the phone # to call. Not having any luck

• Nu
      28th of May, 2009

I am battleing Home EQ and not getting any where. I cant get past the loss mitigation dept. Would really be grateful for any phone # you may have to get around them. Thanks

7th of Jun, 2009
    HOME EQ SERVICING - Scam/Fraud
    Home Eq
    California

Home Eq Reps lie and mislead customers. They make you believe they are reviewing your loan mod request and instead they turn around and foreclose on you without giving the opportunity to short sale. They won't allow you to speak to anyone else, only 1 contact and you can't even request to speak to a supervisor.

7th of Jun, 2009
    HOME EQ SERVICING - Breach of Verbal loan mod
    Home Eq

Home Eq gave a verbal loan modification. I was to wire $7200 for the new loan. I was ready to do it but was a little skeptical as I didn't have anything in writing so I asked that they send an email or fax to confirm. While I waited for this they sent me a trustee sale within days! How can they be allowed to do this!!!

14th of Jul, 2010

I understand that Home Eq Services should be closely looked at by the goverment... they screwed us that way... we ended up paying 13000.00 to get out of forclosure, then 3000.00 for 14 months. I dont know how we did it but we did. They are just an awful company who needs to be put in check!!!

Thanks for Reading this I hope it helps

• Km
      3rd of Jun, 2016
    HOME EQ SERVICING - Unfair practices and unproven claims
    Lampasas
    Texas

I filed for bankruptcy in early 2009 as a chapter 13. My lender, Home Eq raised my payment to $2500 a month after I had been making all my payment and even late fees for two payments they said were late. During the Chapter 13 I was place on 100% disability, which changed my bankruptcy to a Chapter 7. I paid all payments in accordance to the banktuptcy and even over paid the monthly payments. In the middle on 2010, my bankruptcy was discharged and less than a month after the discharge I have recieved no less than eight letters stating I am in default. They go on to say I will be sent to foreclosure if I dont bring the account current. Home Eq originally stated they would do a loan modification but required the bankruptcy to be discharged. Well now they wont do a loan modification, they say thier investor doesnt participate in HAMP but they recieve federal funds for saying they participate. (And yes they are required to report if they participate but I have yet to hear of anyone actually getting a loan modification with Home Eq.) Home Eq stated they have their own affordability program but because I have a surplus of $22 in my monthly budget I do not qualify for this program. After many long hours on the phone and several days trying to get this sorted out there are several problems I found...
    1. They state my monthly payment is $851 but require me to pay $1073 but for any of thier modification programs will only use the $851 figure.
    2. They participate with a government program to provide home loan modifications but refuse to actually provide the program to customers.
    3. I was only four payments behind at the begining of my bankruptcy and now they state I am eight payment behind even though I can prove all payments were made, overpayments were made and even taxes were refunded to them.
    4. They refuse to even talk with me on the phone any more requesting that I either fax in my request or mail it in and if my lawyer contacts them they must have the third party authorization in hand and fax it to them each time because they "dont show any third party authorization on file."
    5. The customer service representative are not willing to work with you and have no standard or policy of what they should or can do with accounts. This was proven by my lawyer who if they call and gets a representative with an attitude can hang up, call back and get information from a different representative also get different answers from one person to the next.
    6. I have recieved no less then eight letters for foreclosure and requesting back due payments but all the letters have differnt due dates and amounts. If you call for the amounts or dates you recieve a range of dates from 30 days to 120 and amounts from that dont match any of the letters.

As a warning this company is crap, they will feed any line they want to so they can get money and dont care about the people they are supposed to be servicing. If you have family, friends or even enemies get them away from this company. And to those who say it was my fault, I had good credit (FICO score 705) and a good paying job, but due to military service I was disabled. Payments became LATE (not missed) only after Home Eq changed my monthly payment to $2500 and they were the only ones that were late. They became missed when Home Eq refused to assist me with the account or provide explaination for the change. I was then forced to file bankruptcy to avoid foreclosure, during which I was placed on 100% disability with unemployable status. I have copies of all (yes from the very first payment to the payment I did this month) payments and Home Eq has yet to provide an acoount statement to show where and why payments changed. The late payments were made up and the lates fees also, yet I am still behind. You tell me, is the company fair or a fraud that steals peoples money and destroys families?? I will go with the second.