Home Depot / carpet measuring and pricing

1 Temecula, CA, United States

I went to Home Depot for pricing on new carpet and received what I thought was a good price for Stainmaster carpet. The salesman said it would be 50.00 dollars for the measuring and that it would be deducted from the total price if we purchased the carpet. I asked if the measurements would be available to us and the salesmen said they would call me to come by and get the measurements and the final quote. I asked the kid that came out to measure, how long it would take to get my measurements and he said usually a couple of days. I went to Home Depot for the final quote and was told i could not get the measurements unless I was going to purchase the carpet from them. After a long heated argument with employees and management they finally agreed to give me all the measurements and the cost break down. The measurements included 2 extra closets we didn't have and also was being charged for the wrong carpet. The padding was different than the one we selected and the installation charge was not the 39.00 quoted for the whole house, regardless of size. When I told there sales person about all the mistakes she said what difference does it make if your not going to purchase it from us. I called the corporate office to complain and a few days later got a call back from someone that did not say much but that they would look into the matter. I received numerous calls from sales reps asking if i was still interested in getting the carpet without any remorse for what they had put me through. I looked around and found a compatible carpet at another place and payed 4000.00 less than what Home Depot quoted me.