Home Depot - Statewide Remodelingproduct service rip off

In April of 2014 my wife, who has been an invalid since falling in July 2012, was diagnosed with skin cancer. While the prognosis was not that serious, I decided to remodel my main restroom in the house to make it assisted living friendly, so my wife could have acess to the sink and therapeutic tub and enjoy those amenities as much as possible via a wheel chair. I had also discovered a soft spot in the bedroom floor from termite damage. I was a senior at Texas A&M University (I graduated on May 9, 2014) and didn't have the skill or tools to accomplish this myself. I was a familiar customer at Home Depot and went there to get a piece of plywood to temporarily fix my bedroom floor. Then I asked an attendant if he could recommend a good carpenter to me to do the necessary remolding and floor repair. He told me that the quickest way for a Home Deport employee to be terminated was for him or her to recommend a contractor. He then told me that Home Deport had their own Home Repair service (Statewide Remodeling) and that if I talked to the guy in the paint booth while in the store, that gentleman would tell me "all about it". I went to the paint booth and did as I was advised. The man at the paint booth handed me a credit application and said: "Fill this out andd send it in; if it is approved, someone will contact you. About a month later, I finally heard from Home Depot. They sent me a Project card with a $10, 000. Credit limit with the option to increase it (by December 2014" up to$25, 000 upon request. I called the number on the back of the card to activate it, then I was directed to a lady who told me that she was in Houston, Texas. I described the nature of the remodeling that I wanted-done: The restroom remolded assisted living friendly with a handicapped commode, a therapy tube similar to "Safe Step", with grab bars, a whell chair friendly sink and two soft spots in my bedroom floor, the result of termite damage repaired. I stressed that this was for the benefit of my wife and I wanted the work done by no later than July 1, 2014. I was ready to try to find a job after graduation. I didn't hear from anyone for a month then finally a salesman called. He scheduled the appointment for 1July2014 (in other words; the day I had wanted all of the remolding completed by. He seemed nice enough but the Estimate of the job was $9450.00. My restroom is 5 feet wide by 8 feet deep; this did not include new wall coverings. To get that amenity, it was going to cost a totl of 11, 449.00 (later I disvoered that increased cost had not been included in the ticket. In the meantime, I had contacted an independent modeller from Rockdale Texas who was going to do everything i had asked, PLUS tile the walls and floor, for a flat $9, 000 and no contract. He was also licensed and bonded. The only thing, he wanted his $9, 000 in cash. I had it but was concerned about the possibility of more medical bills because of my wife's health. I questioned the high price quoted by the salesman and he assured me that all of their products were "top of the line" including the therapy tub, and that all of their service personnel were licensed and bonded. Plus, I could pay it out at $256.00 a month. He seemed genuine and presented himself well. Then on July 9th, 2014, the "foreman" from Statewide Remodeling who was assigned to preview the work site at my house showed up. He was drinking a beer, which he carried back to his truck. He didn't seem to know much about construction and we literally had an argument about the repair of the soft spots in the bedroom floor. Noticing that my wife was an invalid (which was also the reason for the remodeling order), he actually spent more time trying to get me to hire his girl friend to home sit my wife than going over the contract details. Finally he left, then we noticed that he had left his cell phone. We figured it was a gimmick for him to have an excuse to return. Sure enough, he returned about 9PM that evening with his girl friend. I handed him his phone and told him my wife had gone to bed. He told me that the job would have to wait until after August 15th because of their work schedules. I didn't hear from anyone until August 5th., 2014, then the foreman called and told me that he and "some hands" would stop by the next day to drop off materials. I was to expect them, coming from Houston, to arrive between 9AM and 11AM. It was almost noon when the foreman called and asked if I had seen his crew. I replied that I hadn't seen them and that no one had called. He then told me that "they" must be tied up at another project that was also going to be completed that day. I had expected them to just drop off materials. Instead at 2PM The foreman showed up, again I saw him leave his beer in his pickup. His two hands wee hardly licensed and bonded. They were both illegal immigrants. Here is the list of materials they arrived with: one piece of plywood, untreated, 3/4 inch with a section cut out. I looked like it had been in someones garage for two years, or more. Five new untreated 2 by 4's. one sack of cement, 5 sheets of heavy duty tin and four sacks of sand. There was also a tub, without any hardware. The tub (supposedly a $6, 500 value) looked like something scavangers had picked up off a curb and had resold. It looked old, worn out and junky. I quickly told him that he might as well keep those materials on the trailer - they weren't going to be installed in my house. Then he asked that his two illegals, be allowed to view the work site, I was angry but consented. We disvoereed that the tub was 5 inches wider than the door way. I asked him (the foreman) how that happened even though he took measurement. He replied that the therapy tub for the home remodeling was "one size fits all". He was not detered even though I had asked him to leave. He explained that his hands were from Houston, the job was in Bryan, and that they would complete the entire bathroom remodeling in three hours (by 5:30PM. I asked him what he had planned to do about the soft spots in the bedroom floor. He told me that after "Rico", one of the illegals, finished remodeling the bathoom, I was to negotiate with him (Rico) privately to perform the floor repairs. I told him the repairs were part of the contract and that they could all get out of my house immediately. I though Rico was actually going to hit me. The foreman was still cocky and told me that he had a copy of the contract and that there would be another mark up because I had not had the house treated for termites. I told him to get off the property. I then called Houston and the Dallas Offices and voiced a complaint and told them to never send that crew back. On Monday April 11, 2014 I called regional manager Joh Howard with Statewide in Dallas, as agreed upon (he was supposed to come visit the job site) and discovered that all of my calls were block to every statewide Remodeling office. I called home depot and asked if I could keep the project card and hire an outside contractor. I would purchased the materials including the tub, from Home Depot. I was told that would be fine. This was on August 15, 2015. On August 27, 2014, I received a call from Green Sky Consumer Credit protection services. The gentleman asked me if I had ever had trouble with my Home Depot project Card; I replied that no, not to my knowledge I hadn't. He then identified himself, his reason for calling and the nature of the work that Green Sky performs. He told me that their agency could not understand why I was trying to purchase an expensive therapy tub when I had already paid Home Depot $9450.00 for a remolded bathroom. The previous week, I had began to get suspicious whenever I tried to make a purchase with the card and Home Depot personnel would tell me that that "computers were down". I contacted Home Depot and sure enough they had charged my Project card $9450.00 and for nothing. Despite numerous calls and complaints I kept getting redirected. Just as Statewide Remodeling had blocked my calls after speaking with John Howard in Dallas, whenever I called their customer service line I would be redirected to a voice mail telling me "how to increase my internet speed". This was handled like one big joke. I finally had to retain and attorney. After I did so and he sent a threat letter, Home Depot immediately restored the Project Card Balance back to zero. I told them to cancel the card immediately. In the meantime, my wife had fallen on July 21, 2014 and remained in the hospital in recovery until September 7th. I had the Home Depot project Card canceled shortly before I had to move her to assisted living. Home Depot and Statewide Remodeling are nothing but rip offs.They do not pull any building, electrical, or plumbing permits and the reason they waited so long, was for another job to take place in Bryan College Station so the same supply truck could service both sites. I have not found one former customer of their remodleing service who is satisfied or who does not feel ripped off. The materials they sent were nothing but garbage and their crew ... well, you can read between the lines. I don't think the foreman had sense enough to walk straight.

St