Home Depot / price match between 2 stores

1 Bossier City, LOUISIANA, LA, United States

04/21/2017

my daughter and i have both been looking to purchase area rugs for our patios. There are 2 home depot locations in the schreveport/bossier area. My daughter found 2 rugs at the bossier location and sent me a picture on my cell phone of the product number and price. When i called the shreveport store, i was informed that the price was triple what the bossier store was, and because it was on clearance in bossier, they would not price match the item. The item # is [protected]. The price at the bossier city, la store was $59.03. The price at the shreveport store was $167!!! unbelievable that home depot does not price match between their own stores. I spoke with the assistant store manager in shreveport as well as a customer care specialist at corport - to no avail. No resolution to this. In february, i applied for a home depot credit card, which i received and was prepared to use today. Instead i cancelled my acct [protected]), cut up the card and have vowed to never shop at home depot again. Lowes is just down the road about 1/4 mile and i have never had issues there.

Home Depot
Home Depot

• Updated by Vicki Clark, Apr 21, 2017

My daughter and i have both been looking to purchase area rugs for our patios. There are 2 home depot locations in the schreveport/bossier area. My daughter found 2 rugs at the bossier location and sent me a picture on my cell phone of the product number and price. When i called the shreveport store, i was informed that the price was triple what the bossier store was, and because it was on clearance in bossier, they would not price match the item. The item # is 1001-654-277. The price at the bossier city, la store was $59.03. The price at the shreveport store was $167!!! unbelievable that home depot does not price match between their own stores. I spoke with the assistant store manager in shreveport as well as a customer care specialist at corport - to no avail. No resolution to this. In february, i applied for a home depot credit card, which i received and was prepared to use today. Instead i cancelled my acct (6035-3208-0570-2006), cut up the card and have vowed to never shop at home depot again. Lowes is just down the road about 1/4 mile and i have never had issues there.

Vi