Home Depot - Ge Washer / will not honor extended warrenty

1 WA, United States Review updated:

we purchased over 5000.00 in new appliances at home depot including our GE stackable wash-dryer in may of 2007. on dec 27th 2008 my washer door locked shut. i called the extended warrenty dept(we bought the 4 yr.plan on all appliances) and they told me that they could see we purchased the washer but did not see the 4yr serv plan listed. i told them it was on my reciept but now its been over 30 days and still no service also i have been spending 50 to 75 a week on laundry mat...WOW... talk about frustration. ive just about decided to turn them into the BBB and also i have the name of the CEO of home depot. that i am going to call on monday and explain whats been going on. if anyone has any suggestions on what to do please send email. thanks for letting me vent...

Rh

Comments

29th of Mar, 2009

hello
    I work for washer repair service. Home Depot has their warranty for washer and dryer you buy from store. You need to find out name of warranty group and phone number to call for service. GE does not sell you warranty, don't get confuse about this. Place you bought washer sells warranty not from GE.

You bought third party warranty, its big mess and Home Depot does not explain to customer about warranty they sell.

• Jk
      28th of Oct, 2009

TAKE YOUR RECEIPT TO THE STORE. THEY WILL CALL AND GET IT STRAIGHT FOR YOU. SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME WITH LOWES. YOU HAVE THE RECEIPT SHOWING YOU PAID IT... THEY CANNOT DENY THAT.