Home Depot - Extended Service Plan / washer/dryer combo extended service plan does not w

1 Los Angeles, CA, United States Review updated:

I purchased a LG washer/dryer combo back in August 2007 and bought the extended service plan as I know these machines are quite new and the sales person re-assured me that it was a good idea. So I did.

By September 2008, I was already having issues with this machine and contacted Home Depot Extended plan and Home Depot told me they don't handle the Extended Service Plan - but they outsource it to General Electric. So they told me to contact the phone number in the plan, which I did. GE agent told me to call LG directly because it should be part of the manufacturer's warranty. But that was not true, because LG warranty is only for 1 year. So I contacted GE again and they sent out a service repair man. The vendor had no idea about how this washer/dryer combo works and said he couldn't help me out. Another 2 visits from other vendor - and still couldn't figure out the problem in my machine - or how to fix it. I was sent back and forth between calling vendors, Home Depot and GE. No one can give me an answer. My final call was back in January 2009 and I actually spoke to a Supervisor at GE. She offered a letter for me to go get my own repair company to fix the issue and offered a credit of $250, as it seems that the vendors they contract do not know how to handle my machine. Every vendor that was sent from this Extended Service Plan have no idea how to fix it, and so they report back that there's no problem with my machine. So I'm stuck here with no fix, and also - that letter with the credit - never arrived.

The supervisor I spoke to was Ranee, her ID # is 344-397, and she works on the Headquarters department of GE Extended Service Plan.

It is not end of February 2009 and I still haven't resolved my issue. For the past few months I have been spending money on laundrymats and I just think this is ridiculous that I have a washer/dryer at home, yet I have to spend hundreds of dollars outside to wash my clothes.

If anyone has gone through similar issue, can you reply to me and let me know how did you resolve this issue, if you ever did?

Thanks,
Mei Chen
poki98@hotmail.com

Comments

• Pi
      7th of Mar, 2009

I am a Home Depot appliance specialist and I have a customer similar to your problem, coming in and out with the same issue on an LG washer and dryer combo. My suggestion to you is to call the extended service plan number (877) 843 3777 and tell them your situation and demand them to replace your appliance since you've had several people go and attempt to fix your appliances. Our policy s that if they cant fix it within 3 attempts they HAVE to replace it. So Im sorry for your inconvenience and I hope your problem is resolved

• Ro
      22nd of May, 2009

I just found out something that you might want to know if they replace your appliance with a new one, if it can't be repaired. You will need to purchase a new service agreement to cover the new appliance. My LG dishwasher was replaced within the first year because of continued problems. No one told me that I would need to purchase a new Extended Service Plan for the new dishwasher. I now have to pay for the repair of this unit, since it is out of the manufacturer's warranty period. I would have purchased the extended warranty if I had known I needed to do that.