Home Depot / never received my rebate giftcard

I purchased over $5000 in Kraftmaid cabinets in Jan 2006. I filled out rebate form $300 and mailed in per instructions per time window. In March, I checked the status on the website and it said giftcard had been mailed mid-March. I never received it. I called twice in March and was told it was mailed. The second time, I explained that it had been over 10 days and I would have received it by then. Request re-issue of gift card because I had not received it. They said they could not reissue for 45 days. I waited well over 45 days. No re-issue. Called in June. They said it had been over 90 days. SOL! I requested to speak to someone higher. I was told there was no one else to speak to. I could e-mail customer service complaint. I did. NO RESPONSE!!! It's been 2-3 weeks now since I e-mailed.

He

Comments

St
  16th of Apr, 2007

I received a Ryobi tiller from my wife "gee Thanks", so I tried to appease her and tried it out before i returned it. Mistake #2. It would work until i hit hard soil or caught a small rock stone... So f that and back in the box it went. I took it back to home depot and made mistake #3. When They asked did i use it, I said yes... oh then u can't return it. "WHAT" A manager came over and reversed the unable to return but unknown to me until i received the GIFT CARD that it was 199... not the 230(including tax) that was paid for it. I asked what the hell is this. He said that since i did use it i should just be glad they took it back. With some more ### and complaining They were so generous to give me a $30 credit on anything i bought TODAY and TODAY only... Like I felt like buying anything after this B.S. And when i said just give me a gift card for it he told me again... well i didn't have to accept the return, as a threat to accept or get out.