Home Depot / cancellation request

On June 1st, 2006 I placed an order on Homedepot.com. I had also placed other orders with different companies that day that were for bulkier items (like a fridge and an a/c unit) and I received those in a week's time. I kept trying to track my order on Homedepot.com tracking page and for over 2 weeks, it said the same thing. 'Order is being processed in our warehouse'. 14 days after I placed the order, I called their customer service. She didn't know much but put in a request to the warehouse to show was going on and ask that I call back 24-48 hours. 2 days later, I called and got a very rude woman who was so useless and snippy with me with her lack of wanting to give me information that I went from wanting to track my order to telling her I wanted to cancel my order. She said that she would put in the 'request' to cancel it but if they shipped it, it was too late. I asked her if there was someone else I could talk to about this and she said 'No, there is no one else'. Two days later, I called to make sure the order had been cancelled. This CSR was more helpful, said that it didn't show any request had been filed and that it shipped today but since there was no tracking number it was probably still there but she was transferring my call to the head office because they knew more (gee, I guess I was lied to about anyone else I could talk to). So, I talked to Jill (after being on hold for 25 minutes!!!). She said that it showed it was shipped today but they didn't have a tracking number for it. The funny thing is, I had a feeling this would happen. I felt like I was being dragged around, they purposely made canceling an order extremely difficult when ordering a product can be done with a press of a button. I don't understand that in an age where satellites, Internet, phones, faxes and emails exists, why in the blazes would it take so this long to process a cancellation request? Sounds fishy to me.

• James Skip Worthy's Response, Oct 05, 2017

Hone Depot won't replace mower with one of equal or greater value after their diagnosis .it was determined that issues we're under manufacturer warranty

Ho

Comments

14th of Aug, 2018
    Home Depot - Cashier
    Yucca Valley
    California

Cashier at store in yucca valley
    Brandy Herrington she is very rude to her customers she don't smile and looks sad and unhappy at her job!! She can't count change either she is ripping the company and customers off!!

• Dl
    Home Depot - Your representatives being allowed to practice a Double Standard

Please see the following photo. If she's not terminated for this unacceptable act I will start shopping at Lowes. I don't appreciate forcing me to see this sort of political trash when I'm originally there to get away and relax. People that feel this way shouldn't be working in a public position while pushing her own agenda.
    D. L. Spooner

• Ge
    Home Depot - Out of $99.00 battery for Ryobi
    Roswell
    Georgia

To have $99 promotional Ryobi batteries to go with free tool
    And end up with more tools without batteries
    And ending up with ZERO

Very disappointed that there was no rain checks for the batteries to go with the tool that doesn't come with the battery

Gene dacamara

• Ri
    Home Depot - Cabinet refacing
    Redford
    Michigan

Horrible service poor quality
    Keeps leaving. Today went for glue never came back work not progressed. No return calls. I paid over $3000 in advance and I'm very angry and frustrated
    Please contact me at

• Sc
    Home Depot - Customer Service/Telephone
    Issaquah
    Washington

Issaquah, WA 98027 Store
    Everybody knows how hard it is to find an employee onsite to help you; it's worse if you are trying to call in. I've waited 5 to 25 minutes on various department lines before anyone picked up. The employee I pointed this out to was rude as well.

• Re
    Home Depot - Credit card
    MADERA
    California

I asked for this account to be closed in 2009 and it still shows up in my credit report as open. I was a secondary on my exhusbands account and I in no way want to still be in his account. And this is affecting my credit score.

• Lo
      16th of Aug, 2018
    Home Depot - Employee complaint
    Fort Lauderdale
    Florida

Employee Louise Kent works at 1151 copans rd pompano fl 33064 has been stealing from store while working in the gardens department.

• Ju
      20th of Aug, 2018
    Home Depot - Pauline at Arapahoe Denver
    Englewood
    Colorado

Pauline in Garden is one of the rudest Home Depot employees I have encountered in 10 years of shopping at this store. She will not offer any help when asked, purposefully ignore you. I even witnessed her belittling her employees, which is highly illegal the way she acted. How does someone like this stay employed.

• Kr
      21st of Aug, 2018
    Home Depot - Grill. River grill cattleman 29

The grill is falling apart only after a few grills.

The paint is peeling and we are afraid we might have ingested poison. We have the receipt and the pictures of the grill.

• Ra
      21st of Aug, 2018
    Home Depot - 2'×4'×1/4" aromatic Cedar plywood
    Marriott
    weber.edu

Your non-removable sticker is on the good side of the cedar. Put it on the back where it doesn't matter. This Cedar doesn't require sanding. I hope I can remove the adhesive and remaining paper without damaging the finished surface.

• Is
      29th of Aug, 2018
    Home Depot - Stove
    La Pine
    Oregon

We have paid for a stove and had two attempts to deliver replacements and both came in damage. We have been waiting for the stove for over 3 weeks. This getting so silly that we paid for stove we can't use mean while we are incurring charges.
    I have more than patience on this issue and I need resolution

11th of Sep, 2018
    Home Depot - Customer service
    Atlanta
    Georgia

He is refusing to repair or replace a mower under manufacturer warranty .mower was diagnosed by them and issues with mower were determined to b under warranty

• As
      11th of Sep, 2018
    Home Depot - Ashely Head Cashier 1248
    Yonkers
    New York
    homedepot.com

every time i go to the store this head cashier is complaining about her job.That she do not like it always screaming to the others cashier. The last time that i went to home depot she made cry a home depot cashier. Please somebody talk to her she's not a good image to home depot.

14th of Oct, 2018
    Home Depot - delivery of concrete
    Annapolis
    Maryland

I was scheduled for a delivery between 6 am and 8 am, it never showed up and I lost a days wage for 2 men.Order number is H2589-82279, I HAVE CALLED THE STORE NUMEROUS TIMES WITH NO REPLY, I should not be paying for this delivery.And home depot should reimburse me for lost wages.

• Je
      16th of Oct, 2018
    Home Depot - Dogs in store

Stop permitting dogs in the stores with the exception of service dogs for the blind!!!

• Wi
      21st of Oct, 2018
    Home Depot - Installation of storm door
    Irwin
    Ohio

Have been waiting for over 45 days for installation of pre paid storm door. Installer called once with no message or phone number. My next call will be to the better business bureau.

• Ha
      22nd of Oct, 2018
    Home Depot - Appliances
    Stafford
    Virginia
    homedepot.com

No call - no show on June 16. 2017. It was a total disrespect to my family and lack of consideration to customers' needs

Asking for a refund to go elsewhere

• Qu
      31st of Oct, 2018
    Home Depot - Fraudulent customer review
    Johnston
    Rhode Island
    qualitymaintenanceri.com

On 4-25-17 Voun Phin claimed that I did not complete a flooring refinishing project. This woman has got me confused with someone else. I never did a flooring refinishing project for her. Please retract your review.

• Da
      31st of Oct, 2018
    Home Depot - Samsung refrigerator and extended warranty
    Howell
    Michigan

We bought a new Samsung refrigerator one year ago with and extended warranty. It quit working a month ago. There are no service repair companies in our area so we have to wait a month for service. No fridge, no food...why do they offer warranty program if they can service the area. Howell Michigan Home Depot

• Br
      4th of Nov, 2018
    Home Depot - Blinds
    Freeland, MichiganSaginaw

We ordered blind from Home Depot in August, 2016. We haven't received yet all our product yet. Talk to me once to I can explain in detail. Phone number: 732-397-1104 .My name is Sneha Sunkara