Home Depot / holiday accents led lights

Anderson, SC, United States Review updated:
4.65
We bought 8 strands of indoor/outdoor 200 count c7 white led's after christmas in 2007. We looked forward all year long to decking our whole house out in these lights the 08 season, as me and my wife had decked the tree out with these type lights in 07 and loved the way they looked. We put the lights up and turned them on as we always do thanksgiving night and the house looked stunning. Then friday morning we had rain showers. When we turned the lights on friday night 325 of 1600 led's were out (Yes I was so mad I counted them). Every single strand had a section out on it somewhere. The cause in every single case was water leaking down the leads into a poorly fitted socket and into the led its self. Still more lights have gone out since and we finally got so disgusted with how bad the house now looked that we took the christmas lights down on december 18. We called home depot and asked them if they would replace the lights even though it had been 11 months since the purchase had been made as the product had been in storage the entire time due to it's seasonality and was cleary defective, if not dangerous. There reply was that they were no longer responsible for the problem and to call the manufacturer. My reply - that after all the time and money you put into doing a large disply and having to take it down a week early and throw away 1600 lights, cause somebody sold you complete junk, i'll never ever step foot into a home depot again.

Comments

22nd of Dec, 2009
The same thing happened to us!
  22nd of Dec, 2009
The same thing happend to us!
Pt
  25th of Nov, 2010
I am in year 2 of the light and now have dead sections in all strands with corrosion in the sockets. These lights are absolute junk. Says they have a 3 year warranty, but the manufacturer has no web site and no help line. You have to write them a complaint letter and mail it to them! What a scam.
Do not waste your money or time on these lights.
Le
  28th of Nov, 2010
I agree with the two comments, these lights are expensive junk. Yes you save money on electric bill but after one season of use, out of 1000 led's 35 had to be replaced?
Ba
  12th of Dec, 2010
I bought the 25 plus sets of Home Accents Led lights last year from Home Depot. Just tested and then hung them, half stopped working after plugging in. They worked on the bench, but once they were moved around, they stopped working. They have water in them and are rusted out after one use. I have 10 rubber storage containers that I keep my lights in and always stored inside.We take care of our stuff. I am going to try to go to Home Depot and see if they will replace them?? I agree these lights are junk!!! I have have other light sets for 10 years and no problems. Like others I wanted to start switching to LEDs, but this brand is not the way to go.
  17th of Jan, 2014
Agree Disagree -2 Votes
J'ai eu le même problème avec ce produit. La 2e année, les ensembles ne fonctionnaient plus, je dois jeter le tout aux ordures. Conclusion: ne plus acheter de lumières de Noel de la compagnie HOME ACCENTS Holiday !
Helene, Québec, Canada
Ma
  29th of Nov, 2015
We also bought 5 strands of the Home Accents Holiday 200 LED Dome Icicle lights 17 ft 6 in last year. Today I got them out and half of every one of the will not work.
Jo
  23rd of Nov, 2016
It has taken me about 3 hrs of researching but i found who the manufacturer is for home Depot home accents holiday lights. I started by researching the UL approved number and then took it from there. Long story short the manufacturer is TOYO electric mfg. co. ltd. They are headquartered in Japan! If you just research their name barely any information comes up but if you search their name and put home accents holiday after their name you will be very surprised with what comes up.
We
  3rd of Dec, 2016
Happened to me, too (some lights dead after 1 year). But I called the number here (http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pdfImages/aa/aa999d1e-02a4-4d5c-afcc-fd3f23547a4a.pdf); they looked up my credit card number in lieu of me having my receipt, and then they sent me a gift card to reimburse me for the strands that broke.
We
  3rd of Dec, 2016
@Weien Wang Er, the number for customer service is 1-877-527-0313. The link to the warranty card doesn't seem to work.

Home Depot Logo Home Depot