[Resolved] Home Deeco / Furniture Dazzle / failure to deliver replacement

Vestavia Hills, AL, US Review updated:

I ordered a loveseat and two armchairs from Home Deeco (aka Furniture Dazzle) for a total of $1, 301.47 on Sept. 4, 2016. I received the order around September 13.

Assembling the loveseat and one armchair was simple. However, the second armchair was missing a part and appeared to be incomplete from the factory.

Around mid-September, I emailed Home Deeco and noted that the part was missing. On September 27, I called and left a voice mail message with the same information.

On September 28, a man identifying himself as Roy answered the customer service line. He promised me that Home Deeco would put the part in Fed Ex delivery the following day.

Nothing arrived, so I called Home Deeco again and left a voice mail message.

On October 12, Roy called and said that Home Deeco was sending an entire chair rather than the part, and Fed Ex would deliver it "very soon."

On November 1, Roy called and left a message saying he would call me back the following morning. I returned the call at 4:17 PM; however, there was no answer, so I left another voice mail. Roy did NOT call back on November 2 as promised.

I have never received any confirmation in writing for any of these transactions, although I have sent several emails to the customer service address on Home Deeco's website.

I want a refund of the $304.99. I have offered to return the defective chair.

No one is answering any of the lines at Home Deeco -- neither Sales, Customer Service or Operator.

• Resolution statement

My replacement chair arrived, and it was very easy to assemble, which indicates the original chair was defective. Although Home Deeco has offered to give me a partial refund, that is not necessary -- I have the chair I wanted. I must say they need to work out kinks in their customer service. They need someone to document unusual situations such as faulty merchandise, shipments, refunds, etc, using email -- so that I have a record of issues. Although Sam the customer service rep called fairly frequently to update me, at times during regular business hours no one answers the phones. He was always incredibly polite when we spoke.

Dm
Nov 08, 2016

Comments

• Al
      Mar 08, 2017

This company has the WORST customer service. There is no communication whatsoever.
    I just cancelled my order and will never buy from them ever again.

• Bo
      Mar 15, 2017

Customer service/support is ridiculous. No one ever answers the phone or emails. I am trying to get an update on my order to no avail. I will never use this company again

• Sh
      Jun 06, 2017

This company is terrible - BUYER BEWARE- they have changed there name - first indication there is a problem. Had the same thing happen to me. Order a table and the top was completely cracked. Called NO ONE picks up the line - even though they say the hours no one ever is at the company. Sent emails finally received a call back and an email saying they were working on the problem and contacted the company - they never got back to me after this and ignored all calls and emails. Finally disputed with the charge with credit company. Wasted a lot of time - this company is HORRIBLE. They show good reviews but its on their website. WARNING DO NOT ORDER FROM THESE PEOPLE

• Fa
      Oct 21, 2018
    HomeDeeco - Tov Furniture Gramercy Gold Croc Velvet Wing Chair
    homedeeco.com

order ID is #82109. I placed the order on April 27, 2017 and paid $493.16.

Since then I got 2 emails saying it will be shipped shortly. Its July 19, 2017 and I still didn't get the item. I left 21 voice message, 12 emails and no reply. They have not refunded me or communicated in any way.

Oct 28, 2018
    HomeDeeco - Dining table
    Orlando
    Florida
    homedeeco.com

DO NOT ORDER FROM HOMEDEECO.com!!!

We placed an order in March. It is not June and I have gotten nothing but misleading information from them! I have called and email for months only to be told that it will be a couple of more weeks. Now they have stopped responding completely! I am out $700!

• Lb
      Nov 04, 2018
    HomeDeeco - Convenience Concepts Oslo Sundance Desk in Multicolor
    Atlanta
    Georgia
    homedeeco.com

I ordered a desk (#80455) 2 months ago, no tracking number, no order confirmation, have called 10 times, emailed 3 times. No answer. They better not charge me. I'm contacting our credit card to dispute the charge. I've never seen a company do business like this.

This is a fake company with no customer service. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY.

• Te
      Nov 11, 2018
    Home Deeco - grey merridian sleigh bed
    atlanta georgia
    homedeeco.com

I have ordered this product and never received it. order #79583. I simply desire a refund