Home Decorators Collection / Big mistake!

United States Review updated:

I placed an order for a rug from Home Decorators Collection on December 15, 2008. It was a really cute rug I was buying for my kid's new playroom in our new house. Even though it wouldn't arrive until just after Christmas, I figured it would be worth the wait. I was impressed that the price of the rug was $529 vs, $600+ that I had seen on from other companies. Well, BIG MISTAKE! I am so frustrated with this company right now and the horrible customer service I have received. After the order was placed I checked online for a tracking order, but none was given. It was simply stated that my order had been shipped. The order did not arrive, and on Jan 2, 2009 I called the company to find out the status. The person I spoke said their records did not show what shipping company had been used, and that within 48 hours I would be contacted to help resolve the problem. No one called, and on Tuesday 1/6/09 I called back. The person told me the manufacturer had been contacted, and still had another day to respond, and that someone would contact me. Well no one did, and it took two more calls and an additional week to determine that fed ex had lost the rug at the original shipping facility. I stated that I still wanted the rug, and they said it was in stock and could ship out within a week. Well, a week later I checked online and it showed a new expected ship date of 3/09/09!! Three months after my original order!! But no email or contact had been made to me to notify me of the date change. I called customer service and spoke the manager (Sheri?) who was hardly even apologetic. I told her I would like to cancel my order and she was basically just like "ok, fine, goodbye". I do a great deal of shopping online and have never, never received such poor service. Now it is a months later and I have to start from ground zero. This has been very time consuming, frustrating and I would recommend NOT buying from Home Decorators Collection due to their terrible service.

Ch

Comments

• Rb
      17th of Sep, 2009

I have been trying to get Home Decorators Collection to replace a part on a defective blind that I recently ordered from them and keep getting the run around. Not sure that I will ever get a usable blind.
    Sept. 2009

• Je
      2nd of Feb, 2010

I ORDERED A FRENCH COUNTRY TABLE AND BOOKCASE WHICH TOOK A WEEK TO ARRIVE. THE SCREWS THAT HOLD THE SUPPORT FOR THE DRAWER IN THE TABLE WERE NOT IN THE BOX AND TO MAKE IT EVEN WORSE ALL OF THE HARDWARE AND THE INSTRUCTION BOOK WERE NOT IN THE BOX FOR THE BOOKCASE. I CALLED HOME DECORATORS AND PLEADED WITH THEM TO SEND THE REPLACEMENT PARTS FEDEX OVERNIGHT AT MY EXPENSE, MY REQUEST WAS IGNORED AND SENT STANDARD SHIPPING WITH AN ESTIMATED DELIVERY DATE OF 8-9 DAYS. THIS IS NOT HIGH QUALITY MERCHANDISE AS PRESENTED, IT IS CHEAP JUNK THAT HAS BEEN MARKED UP 200-300% THEN MARKED DOWN AS A SALE PRICE IN ORDER TO MAKE THE BUYER THINK THEY ARE GETTING A GREAT DEAL.

BUYER BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY!!!

• Pr
      14th of Apr, 2010

I made a large order of furniture that I was told would arrive in about a week. I then received an email saying that the order would be delayed by a month. Because I didn't have a month to wait, I cancelled the order and bought the furniture from a local store. A few days later, I received notification that I couldn't cancel the order because it had already shipped. I told them that I only cancelled the order because they had delayed it.

Obviously, I refused the order when they called with the delivery date. The order was over $2200. I received a credit to my account of $1300. When I questioned this, I was told that there was a "25% restocking fee" and that the original shipping was not refundable.

Because of their STUPID mistake, I am being charged a net of $900?!?!

I did a lot of business with Home Decorators before this. Never again.

As the above have said, BUYER BEWARE! This company should go the way of IndyMac and Enron as far as I'm concerned. Terrible business.