Home Decorators Collection / Awful company

From the beginning to the end, Home Decorators was nothing but bad customer service and a rip-off. When I first walked into the store no one asked if I needed help. Then when I found something that I liked and the price that I could afford, I had to search for someone to help. When I approached someone to help me he said and I quote "with what?" I asked the gentlemen did he work there and he said yes. He was very nasty and rude. Next, when I made my purchase nothing was explained to me. None of my pay options or anything. I was just handed a pen and asked to sign. When I asked them to explain to me what I was signing, he grew agitated and released a big sigh of frustration. They then told me that I could expect delivery on March the 11th. When March the 11th came, nothing! I received no furniture and no call. When I called them they said that they did not deliver because my furniture came in damaged. They then said that I would get my furniture on the 30th and I this time I did receive a phone call. But the gentlemen told me that he could only deliver to me in the evening. I told him that would not me good for me. So he then stated that and I am going to quote once again, "We do not deliver furniture when you are available, but when we are available." He then informed me that if I did not take delivery then I would have to wait another month!!! Finally I requested and refund and they told me that I would have to wait 6months. Then when I called the 1-800 numbers I was told something different? When I asked the store manager for the number to their corporate office, he told me that he was not authorized to give out that kind of information and that he did not have it. I called another location right in front of him and they gave it right to me. When I called the corporate office line it says "Home Decorators Corporate Customer Service Line." So please someone explain to me how he was not authorized to release that number, if it is meant for customer anyway? My advice to anyone no matter how much you may like something please take your decision for shopping at Home Decorators. Ohh and by the way "Corporate" has yet to even return my calls.

On

Comments

• Re
      20th of Feb, 2013

Really you guys have very good collections of home improvement stuffs.
    I appreciate what your team are doing. Keep up the best work.

• Kd
      8th of Oct, 2014

1994310250-REFUND1993810250-25% CREDITI HAVE INQUIRED 4 TIMES ABOUT GETTING A RETURN OF FUNDS FOR BOTH ITEMS. ITEM 1994310250 HAS NOT BEEN SHIPPED SO I DO NOT KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM IS. I WENT AHEAD AND ACCEPTED THE OTHER BECAUSE IT WAS SAID IT WAS IN TRANSIT BUT I WAS SUPPOSED TO GET 25% OFF FOR THE DELAY AND INCONVENIENCE. MY LAST ATTEMPT WAS ON 9/22 WHERE I WAS TOLD THAT THE 25% WOULD OCCUR IN 3 DAYS AND THE REFUND UP TO 10 DAYS. IT IS NOW 10/8, MY ACCOUNT TO DATE SHOWS NEITHER CREDIT. I WAS TOLD ON 8/29 AND 9/18 THAT REFUNDS WERE PROCESSED. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE AS THEY SOUND NICE ENOUGH AND MAKE YOU THINK ALL IS SAID AND DONE THEN NOTHING. YOU CAN DO AN INTERNET SEARCH ON THE ITEM NAME AND BUY SOMEWHERE ELSE WITH LESS HASSLE. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY OR YOU CAN GET READY TO WAIT.