Home Alarm System / Wrecked Credit; Useless Service

I have wasted almost $2000 on a five-year contract for an alarm system I never used. Was pressured into it, and then, having paid all but a few months' worth (for nothing) SHS is the #1 ding on my credit report. This is a horrible company. I will try to get away from them before they renew me. I'm 2700 miles away from where the system is, and my tenants have no use for it. However, I was charged $80 to switch phone #s, to the renters, a meaningless exercise. Don't use this company. Compaint should go to Atty. General Richard Blumenthal of CT. Mine will.

Pm

Comments

• Bl
      25th of Mar, 2009
    Home Alarm System - Since March 12,09 that i requested service disconnected not done yet
    Monitronics
    New Jersey
    Phone: 609-433-2500

Monitronics alarm system is not shutting down my alarm system in Hatillo, Puerto Rico.I called them and spoke with Tamara who told me to diconnect service i needed to sent a letter to the office in Dallas. I did on March 12, 09. On March 21, 09 another follow up call was done and nothing was accomplished.I am out of contract with them since Jan. 09 . They need to shut down service ASAP. I wont pay service since March 12, 09.

• Jc
      8th of Dec, 2010

I saw an ad by another company (ALARM SVC CO OF AMERICA) in writing saying if you refer them a new customer they credit you 2 months free, refer 7 total and they give you free monitoring for life. Their rate is $25/mth, the agreement is 3 yrs, and they can use most existing alarm systems (switch for free). I've been using them for about a year and I'm quite happy with them, plus my first 2 months were automatically free. They've been around for 30 years I think and I can't find anything negative about them. I found them on Google and Facebook. Take a look at their page: www.asca-us.com
    If any of you sign-up with them, they're instructing me to give you this PIN code (so I get the referral = 2 months free)! PIN: IC-7000 (Thanks if you decide to)