Homayun Karimi / Tailor / 5 OUT OF SIX GARMENTS RUINED BY ALTERATIONS! VERY BAD JOB DONE!

Weybridge and addlestoneEngland, Surrey, United Kingdom Review updated:
3.35
Phone: 01932841661
VERY VERY BAD ALTERATIONS JOB DONE! 5 OUT OF SIX GARMENTS RUINED BY ALTERATIONS!

I am writing this as I have never been so dissatisfied with a business as this one.

HOMAYUN KARIMI is a new Tailor who has set up shop on High Street Weybridge and Addlestone only few months ago.

I live in Weybridge and have only given clothes once to this new tailor Homayun Karimi once. THE ONLY REASON I tried his service was my tailor - who I have known for years and went every couple of weeks for alterations, as I shop a lot- retired abroad with his wife. My tailor had done this work for 45 years in London and was near 60.

First time I went to Homayun Karimi, I gave him 6 garments. ALL EXPENSIVE brand new recently bought from Harvey Nichols, London. One was a £700 Maxi dress that needed shortening the hem. One was a £400 Jacket which needed taking in slightly and had a slik lining, Two dresses, silk around £400 each bought on sale. One was a £500 trench coat. One was a £400 Chloe white top bought on sale.

I was shocked to see them when I collected them. The points that shocked me were: 1) ALL the garments came out looking different than when they were pinned! 2) The dresses were taken in wrongly at waist and bust! 3) The lining of the silk jacket was so badly damaged!!! 4) The silk collar of the jacket had FEW SNAGS!!! AND WHEN I GAVE IT IT HAD NEVER BEEN WORN! IT HAD TAG STILL ON of 5) There was some piping mssing in the jacket and as a resut THE JACKET LOOKS DIFFERENT NOW! I gave them back again to be FIXED and they were worst the second time. The lack of attention to detail and THE SNAGS IN MY NEW £400 JACKET upset me.

Homayun Karimi has a polish assistant who does not speak a word of english and claims not to understand anything when I was speaking to her. She hastily picked up my jacket in front of me and started ironing it and then cut the silk loop as she couldn't STRAIGHTEN THE FABRIC BY ironing the snag!! When I said she shouldn't have done it as it it will ruin the silk collar, Homayun Karimi started shrugging. He is extremely confrontational, extremely argumentative, extremely crass in manners, very loud and talks back and has an answer for everything, he has lied for everything to cover himself! He kept on interrupting and saying, 'everyone at st. georges hill comes to me for alterations.' THAT BY NO ACCOUNTS MEANS HE IS ANY GOOD! Which is what he was trying to prove to me.

THIS HAS BEEN THE WORST EXPERIENCE I EVER HAD WITH A TAILOR/BUSINESS OR A HUMAN BEING. I will NEVER recommend anyone TO GO FOR ALTERATIONS TO HIM SPECIALLY WITH EXPENSIVE CLOTHES!

FELLOW PEOPLE who need clothes altered, IF YOU DO GO, BEAR IN MIND WHAT I WROTE HERE ABOUT MY EXPERIENCE. Homayun Karimi contact details are: Business phone: [protected] Mobile :[protected]

Comments

Ju
  9th of Sep, 2008
I had similer experience with him. He used to work in Hounslown till a few months ago and charged very cheaply. I guess, in Weybridge he has gone up in prices.

His work was very poor quality and he is not the best tailor. When I told him to fix the damage he had done he literally attacked me! He is very poliet when you first meet him and then you see his true colors, only if you question him or don't like what he has done!

VERY UNPLESANT AND DISTASTEFUL experience!

I would never recommend him to anyone either.
Ka
  9th of Sep, 2008
I add furthermore that Homayun Karimi charged me £85 for altering 6 garments given to him. I paid him £65 initially and said I will pay £ 20 later when I collect the rest.

By the time I went to collect the Jacket, I found he had not fixed the belt of Maxi dress properly and one top he had ruined. I took both of them back and thought I will show it to him and hope he has done a better job with the Designer BIRGER ET MIKKELSON jacket than the rest of the garments. When I saw the Jacket I was very upset at the snags on silk which made it look OLD and DAMAGED.

I was FROM MY SIDE DISCUSSING IT WITH HIM, WHEN HIS MANNERISM GOT VERY UNCOUTH, VERY MOUTHY AND IN YOUR FACE CONFRONTATONAL. I disliked it immemsely and left immediately. He came running after me, YELLING" YOU DID THIS as you didn't want to pay me £20"!!!

* IS HE SAYING I MADE HIM DO A BAD JOB, SO I couldn't pay him £20?
* IS HE SAYING THAT I DAMAGED MY OWN EXPENSIVE CLOTHES SO I DIDN'T HAVE TO PAY HIM £20?

COMPARED TO THE AMOUNT OF CLOTHES £20 WAS NOTHING! HE OBVIOUSLY FAILED TO REALISE THAT!!!

I had a friend with me who TOLD KARIMI that HE DID A SUBSTANDARD JOB. Karimi wasn't listening. HE was just shouting at me in the street.

THIS IS SOMETHING I COULD NOT SAY TO KARIMI AS HE WASN'T LISTENING WHICH I AM GOING TO NOW. I had to make four trips to him as he had not fixed the garments properly and NOW I STILL HAVE TO PAY ANOTHER TAILOR TO FIX HIS MISTAKES FROM 4 GARMENTS altered by him - One jacket, two dresses and One Top.

Plus the Damage on the DESIGNER JACKET!

IS HE GOING TO COMPENSATE ME FOR THAT?

I DID NOT EVEN ASK for COMPENSATION as that was not on my mind - even though my friend who was witness to this all and who is a lawyer suggested.

DEFINITELY NOT PAYING HIM £20 MORE FOR POOR QUALILTY JOB. PAYING HIM £65 FOR DAMAGING MY CLOTHES IS ENOUGH.

BTW I donated that £20 to Charity immediately.

He is by far the worst tailor I have come across, vis a vis both his work, WHICH IS VERY POOR QUALITY and personality, which leaves very little to be desired. HE DOES NOT have the manners of a GENTLEMAN.

BEWARE HE WAS POLITE ON MY FIRST VISIT. BUT IF you have issues with his poor quality work, EXPECT A HUGE CONFRONTATION!

HE works out of TREASURE GIFT SHOP on HIGH STREET IN WEYBRIDGE AND HIGH STREET IN ADDLESTONE.