HollywoodProfiles.comScam exposed

C Review updated:

The reason I created this article is because hollywoodprofiles.com ripped me off and I decided to investigate these guys and the further I would dig the more I realized this is a total scam committing interstate fraud!

Here is the link to the full blog regarding hollywoodprofiles.com - http://stophollywoodprofiles.wordpress.com

Here are the reasons with proof why hollywoodprofiles.com is a sham, scam and fraudulent business:

1. They send spam email and have many complaints online regarding this illegal practice, here are just a few:

/URL removed/=&q5=&q6=&q7=

2. They do not disclose that the “risk free” trial will turn into a $49.95 charge after the 7 days. This is a screenshot from their payment page which does not clearly indicate that this is a membership and that you will be billed $49.95. You may not know this but by them not CLEARLY disclosing their fees they are clearly using deceptive business practices and bait & switch techniques, both of which are illegal.

3. They do not have 6, 000 Industry Professionals using their site like their ad claims, instead they steal castings from free sites and most of the auditions I contacted told me they never even heard of hollywoodprofiles before. This constitutes false advertising and Pinnacle along with Elon Cohen can be held liable for this fraudulent act.

This is a screen shot of a commercial on their site claiming that 9, 000 directors use the site. FAKE!!!

4. The Casting Society which rates hollywoodprofiles with an “AAA” rating is also owned by Elan Cohen the owner of hollywoodprofiles.com. This is a clear conflict of interest and this company was created to lure and fool users into thinking this company is accredited in the industry.

5. They advertise jobs that do not exist when signing up. The show they have a number of jobs in places like Kansas, after you sign up you realize nothing is listed for that area.

6. They claim in their user guide that they invented online submission which is also a lie. Most talent sites I use including exploretalent.com had that first. They also claim to have a patent pending probably just another lie, all this company does is lies, cheats, & their main goal is to TAKE YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY!

Shame on you Elan Cohen and shame on you to all the staff at Pinnacle group. Please do the right thing and repost this in as many places as you can and also write comments about this below so it indexes well and do your part to stop these criminals!

•   Apr 08, 2008
    P.O. Box 4383
    Hollywood
    www.HollywoodProfiles.com

I was solicited and given a chance to get into being an extra in a Movie. I ended up being ripped off. I have had money taken out of my checking account and have had to cancel my card. I would like all you who even see this company operating Online. To report them immediately to your local Attorneys Generals Office.

Apr 15, 2008

RIP OFF!! Cannot believe it operates without being investigated!!

• T
      Apr 17, 2008

TOTAL SCAM!! I think I might have to cancel my card too..

• H
      Jun 03, 2008
    Hollywoodprofiles.com

They convienantly forget to cancel your membership so they can Charge you $49.95. And when you call them about it they tell you they never heard from you.

• T
      Jun 13, 2008
    secure. hollywood profiles
    California

i read it was only 1.95 to sign up then i was charged 57.95 and i never recieved any infor on where they are or how to contract them

•   Jun 16, 2008
    HollywoodProfiles.com - Fraud and cheating
    4180 Via Real
    Carpinteria
    www.hollywoodprofiles.com

I received an email titled 'Casting Calls' calling for people to be stand ins in movies. It stated that for $1.95 I would receive a 14 day trial. However, what they didn't mention, is that less than 7 days later, they would charge you $49.95 without even letting you know. I just realized what had happened- they charged me 4 times and i didn't even realize it.

• B
      Jul 06, 2008

I believe they are now based out of Carpinteria California...go get your money back.

• M
      Jul 08, 2008

That's exactly what happens to me every month!! I can't get anyone to talk to me to cancel!

HollywoodProfiles.com - Hollywoodprofiles.com Scam Exposed Get Your Money Back
    Hollywoodprofiles.com aka hollywoodprofiles
    Hollywood
    secure.hollywoodprofiles.com

Hollwoodprofiles.com is an illegal scam operation committing federal mail fraud by scamming unsuspecting job seekers, actors, models and movie extras. If you have been a victim of this scam you can report hollywoodprofiles.com to:

1. Attorney General

Texas

New York

Florida

2. Call your credit card company or bank, since this is a scam you can get all your money back. File a “chargeback” and give them a link to this website so they can see the findings of my investigation. You will surely get your money back and hopefully Visa & Mastercard will eventually ban these criminals.

3. Contact /link removed/ and file a complaint. /link removed/ will accumulate these complaints and when there is enough of them a class action attorney will see this and file a class action against the owners of hollywoodprofiles.com which is Elan Cohen and Pinnacle Group which Elon is hiding behind, at that point hopefully they will be able to pierce his corporation and hold him personally liable for the fraud he is committing.

4. Contact http://bbb.org and file a complaint. The media watches for high complaint volume and will eventually do an undercover report and expose these guys on TV.

5. Report them to the FBI, since this is interstate mail fraud this is also a federal matter which is handled by the FBI. To file a complaint with the internet crime complaint division of the FBI click here: http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/

6. Report them to their domain registrar which in this case is godaddy.com, here is a link to the page you need to report them if you have received spam from them : https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/spamreport/spamreport.asp

7. Repost this information on blogs and forums to help others before they are defrauded. If you have an extra $20 bucks you can even pay for google adwords with a link to this site, that would be sure to get this blog more attention and stop hollywoodprofiles.com from scamming others.

/URL removed/?DateRange=6&Entry=16&SearchType=1&hasPhoto=&q1=1080&q2=California&q3=&q4=&q5=&q6=&q7=

Also if you work for Pinnacle group AKA Elan Cohen, beware you are also liable for the fraud that is occurring and may be subject to jail time once the authorities are in your office investigating your practices. As an employee you to can do the right thing and post what you know and report your boss (Elan Cohen) to the

California Attorney General (http://ag.ca.gov/contact/complaint_form.php?cmplt=CL)

and to the

FBI internet crime division: http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/

Jul 11, 2008

It is a scam I also got scammed out of $49.95 by hollywoodprofiles.com so I created a blog to help people get their money back and to shut down these scammers.

Here is the link: http://stophollywoodprofiles.wordpress.com

Hollywood Profiles Scam Exposed Get Your Money Back

Aug 06, 2008
    HollywoodProfiles.com - Rip off
    Hollywood Profiles.com
    8721 Santa Monica Blvd #1057
    W. Hollywood
    hollywoodprofiles.com

Looks like I am not the only one that was scammed by Hollywood Profiles.com. I have been fighting for the last few months to get $200.00 they took out of my account since March for services I never recieved. I was supposed to be able to sign up for 4.95, they never said anything to me about a charge for 49.95. I never recieved the information they said I was supposed to get so I contacted them by email. No response, so I check the terms and agreement, I had to write a letter. When that didn't work, I called them. They said they never recieved the letter and it would be reviewed as to whether I will get my money back. Well, we all know they are going to deny that. Free money are you kidding me!!! How is this allowed to go on. When I make an obligation, I get charged but when they don't stick to theirs well that's just to bad. Something has to be done with this company. People need to be warned, maybe come up with a website that comes up the same time [censored]lywood profile.com comes up. Hopefully it will save some people money in the future. Career.com should be ashamed having these people on their website.

• K
      Aug 26, 2008

THE KEY TO ALL YOUR TROUBLES: How to Complain EFFECTIVELY
    ==========================================================

After reading the stories of many posters on this site, I can really feel the emotion and frustration and feeling of despair, like no one cares, coming through in your words. Many of you, I am sure, have asked yourself "Why won't the company help me? Aren't I the customer? Isn't the customer ALWAYS right? Isn't it against the company's best interest to deliver poor service to the consumer? Shouldn't these companies value their patrons, who make their continued existence possible?"

I bet many of you after asking those questions have been overcome by a resounding dead silience in which your mind seems to answer with a cold, heartless "NO". --No the company does not care about you, because they know, for the most part, that the small portion of people who actually do complain and try to contact the company, will eventually give up after running into un-navigable telephone menus, rude "service" and support people, and a barrage of deception and hostility that they know will take you more time to overcome, investigate, and pursue than the average busy person has available to them.

Has this happened to you more than once in your life? If so, you may be karmically reaping the fruit of your failure to address the matter the first time it happened, because you felt it was too HARD and TIME-CONSUMING. But, if you really think about it, aren't the things that take the most effort, usually the most satisfying when you finally triumph in the end? Would it be worth all the money, time, and potential for happiness you could lose in the future, to invest a little bit of time now to defend your right to be treated fairly as a consumer and an individual?

If you are already at the point where you are willing to invest a little time actively pursuing effective resolution, you may be asking yourself "But how?" Ahh, that is the rub, isn't it! Well, guess what: I think I may have the answer you are looking for. While doing an AMAZON search for books on complaint writing, I came across the title: "Shocked, Appalled, and Dismayed! How to Write Letters of Complaint That Get Results", by Ellen Phillips. I ordered this book from Barnes & Noble, along with others, and did my comparisons. Ms. Phillips' book won HANDS DOWN. I encourage you to do your own research, but if you feel you don't want to spend the time, I will give you a headstart. It is as if Ms. Phillips recognizes the labrynthian maze before us, and having travelled the maze before, she knows where the trapdoors are, how to avoid pitfalls, and she offers us the keys to the doors of opportunity and effective complaining.

Here are a few of the important keys Ms. Phillips provides:

===============

1) Try to talk to a representative on the phone. This is always the first step. If they agree to and follow-through on a solution you approve of, then you are good to go! You should even consider writing a commendation for them.
    But, in case they are uncooperative, uncaring, ineffective, and/or deceptive,

2) ALWAYS document EVERYTHING! This includes (for each person you speak with):

* Name of the person you talk to and their REPRESENTATIVE ID NUMBER
    * Time you called
    * Amount of time on hold
    * What you called about
    * The resolution you sought
    * Level of cooperativeness of the representative
    * Did the representative seem competent?
    * What promises did they make? (dates, times, dollar amounts, when someone would call back, etc.)
    * Did they refer you to someone else (a supervisor, or another department)?

3) The most effective route to satisfaction is ALMOST ALWAYS to write to the TOP person first. Don't bother with low-level, call-center representives, or counter clerks who likely have very little ability to take the action you would require (reimbursement, replacement, repair, apology, etc.). Instead, write to the CEO, President, Board Chair, etc., to ensure the best possibility of getting your concerns addressed in a timely and effecive manner.

4) Always send copies of your letters to regulatory agencies, and anyone else who is an interested party. In her book, Ms. Phillips lists the names of hundreds(?) of agencies for your convenience. In fact, the only real thing that is antiquated about this tome, are the SPECIFIC names for the officers of the listed organizations and regulatory bodies (eg: Attorney General - Janet Reno). It takes relatively little effort in this day and age to do a Google search for the current names.

5) Better Business Bureaus are useless. They have no real mandate or requirement to help you in your dispute with their member companies. From my own personal experience, I have known this to be disappointingly true. In my opinion, though you might find some informative articles and publications on their BBB sites, as a source of relief and satisfaction they really seem to miss the mark by a mile.

6) Ms. Philips concienciously makes us aware of special laws which apply in various scenarios, that the general public is mostly oblivious of.

These are only a few of the marvelous insights offered by "Shocked, Appalled, and Dismayed"!

===============

You may notice that the copyright on the book is 1998 (revised in [protected] years ago (I am writing this 08/26/08). Never fear! This book is not antiquated in content. Ninety-Eight percent of the content in this book is still relevant today.

For those of you like me who prefer books that list various examples, scenarios, and case studies, this book does not disappoint! I highly recommend "Shocked, Appalled, and Dismayed" to anyone who wants to know how to complain effectively to resturants, airlines, hotels, car rental places, auto mechanics, dead-beat parents, etc. For a balanced view, there is even a small section, including multiple examples, on writing THANK YOU notes and letters.

It took me 3 hours to craft this recommendation. After the enormous satisfaction and cornucopia of information I received from Ms. Phillips' book, I would be karmically remiss were I not to write this recommendation. My goal is to help you help yourself by giving you a "map", if you will, to the small dirt path, that leads through a dense jungle, to a heavily guarded, forbidden city where you will FINALLY find all the answers you have been seeking. Again, don't take my word for it: do your own research and find out for yourself!

I hope you find this review helpful. Now, go out into the world and make it a better place by standing up for yourself and showing those who would hold you down that your are not going to take it ANYMORE!

Good Luck!

Peace and blessings,

Kristobal

**** [DISCLAIMER: This document is a collection of opions, not a statement of fact. Neither the author of this book (Ellen Phillips), nor the author of this review (Me) is responsible for actions you may or may not take based on your readings, understandings, and interpretations of this review.]

• N
      Aug 28, 2008
    HollywoodProfiles.com - fraud/scam
    HollywoodProfiles/Pinnacle Systems
    4180 Via Real Carpenteria, Ca. 93103
    Carpenteria
    HollywoodProfiles.com

I received an email at 3 a.m. this morning stating that HollywoodProfiles.com/Pinnacle Systems was about to charge my account for $49.95, in the next 72 hours, for a service I did not order and an account profile that does not exist! At 9 a.m., I immediately called my credit union and cancelled my credit-debit card. The instant you receive an email (if you're lucky), react. Don't do the $1.95 deal. Don't do any deal with these criminals. If you have already been a victim of this scam, call your credit card issuer and dispute the transaction. They should remove the charge and inform you on how to prevent future theft. If you used a credit-debit card, close the card and dispute this transaction with your bank. I recommend this if possible. This was easy to do with my credit union and only took about 5 minutes. Beat them to the bank before they can beat you! I hope this helps. The worst part about this situation is that I'm without a debit card for a week or so, have to write checks for purchases, and/or go to the actual bank to withdraw cash. This is an inconvenience, but at least I (you will) still have my hard-earned money. By the way, A.T.M. fees are another scam. It's a billion dollar industry. Just go to the bank and withdraw the cash, use free A.T.M. terminals, or take out the cash you'll need when you deposit your paycheck. I'm sorry for all of you/us that have been victims of these criminals. Shut Them Down! Try to have a nice day.

• G
      Aug 29, 2008

This company is a total scam. Read some of the complaints and called my bank which we had a three way conference call to talk about the problem. First Hollywood Profile could not find my account and when I told the lady my username she hung up on my bank and myself. I guess everyone that signes up with them gets this domain number which is of no exsistance. The domain number is as follow: HollywoodProfiles.com [[protected]@DomainID122226.com]

Somebody or someone needs to put this company to close and pay every individual their money back to the penny and compesate everyone involved. THIS IS BULL ### COMPANY!!!

Dec 16, 2008
    HollywoodProfiles.com - Phoney Business
    Hollywoodprofiles.com

It was coming through on my statements as" ATM HOLLYWDTAL STUDIO CITY" and I figured it was something I bought that showed up online with a funny name or a gas station...who knows, you know. I had no idea what it was, until I started looking though my statements and realizing it happened every month! It had changed names in August and I was able to find this Complaint Board searching Google with the former name on my statement "ATM HOLLYWDTAL CARPENTERIA CA." Because of this website I was able to find the number to a company I had not heard a thing from! I called and canceled, and asked to be refunded as I had never agreed to the charges. "Kenny" said that wasn't his fault cause it's a proactive website. When I asked what I was paying for, he said- services on the website. I am still angry that this has happened to me and don't think this will be the end of it...

Has anyone had resolution to this issue? I can't believe they are still operating.

•   Feb 02, 2009

done & reported them all over-same problem with me also!
    these ### belongs in jail !!!

•   Feb 02, 2009

my card was cancelled 2- my next step is to call my good friend Jane Vellez Mitchele from CCN "ISSUES"
    i wont let this go easily !!! just go to CCN.com & mail her at her tv show
    fast & easy

•   Feb 02, 2009

'Issues with Jane Velez-Mitchell'

•   Feb 03, 2009

also report the matter locally to the police department or sheriff's office.

Dec 10, 2010
    HollywoodProfiles.com - I think they are finding peoples information from other websites and stealing our money
    hollywoodprofiles.com

Lets stop them! - So I have been looking at talent agencies on the internet. I was NEVER one this website yet I got a charge from them. I think they are finding peoples information from other websites and stealing our money. I strongly suggest trying to get this website taken off the internet before it happens to anyone else. Its wrong and personally they will be getting some angry phone calls from both me and my lawer!

• M
      Aug 07, 2012
    hollywoodprofiles.com

For those of you who believe statements made on Hollywoodprofiles.com website, stop, they're not true, they do not have 6, 000 Industry Professionals using their site, it is bunch of lies just to go after your money. I wasted $49.95 with them for absolutely no results, what a scam. This is what happens when you believe everything you read on their site, bunch of lies. Just google them with Hollywoodprofiles.com scam, other sites are reporting same things there, I just wish I did before I wasted my cash.