HollywoodProfiles / Liar, neglect and unfair charges!

The day i signed up whit Hollywoodprofiles the representative told me i will only be charged 98$ at the end of the 3months trial if i was contacted to work on paid casting job, which never happened, by the way!! None of the e-mails i sent to producer or casting jobs got through!!! Hollywoodprofiles blamed their computers!!! Sadly never accepting their responsibility, after one month sending several e-mails, but never receiving a answer i decided to cancel my account, the agent try so hard to convince me not to by giving me an extra month free, he was so confusing! He kept putting me on hold, saying he is new to this thing! I decided to keep the account open because of the extra month free, to angrily find out i was charged, to begin with i should have never been charged because i was never contacted by any casting jobs, i canceled the all thing, very bed experience they are liar, and thief's who try to rush you to commit to something without giving it an extra minute to think about.

Beware of Hollywood profiles!!!

Comments

• Ga
      26th of Mar, 2008

you idiot...read the terms and conditions before u give out information...###, complete and absolute ###...

27th of Mar, 2008

She is not an idiot. I got an email from them stating that for only 1.95 I could join and then add my information to their site. I am in the business and I was looking for more ways to leave my resume out there. I got a confirmation email that they got my 1.95 and I would receieve a password and username in an email with 48 hours which I never got 2 weeks later I just got a charge of 49.95 on my credit card I I have still not receieved any information from this company. They are illeagally charging my credit card and I have never talked to anyone in this company and I have had no email contacts with this company. I was looking for a simple listing on the site and paying a couple of bucks is the norm. This whole site is a scam. I am contacting the FCC THIS SITE IS A SCAM.

• Th
      17th of Apr, 2008

Yeah.. I didn't read the terms and it charged 49.95 even though it was in tiny print... anyways I decided it was my fault and tried to just cancel the account.. I tried to contact them via email and after a week they said i can't through email! So I sent them a message through postal mail AND I tried to contact them through the phone! It kept me waiting for 4 hours! The second time I waited 2 hours!! And it has been 4 weeks since I sent the first class mail saying I wanted to cancel my account and they JUST charged me AGAIN! and I STILL have yet to receive ANY type of information from them!

THIS IS EITHER A SCAM OR A VERY NEW BUSINESS WITH HORRIBLE STAFF AND COMPUTERS!!

DO NOT JOIN IF YOU DON'T WANT TO LOSE 50 DOLLARS A MONTH.

• Eh
      26th of Aug, 2008

THE KEY TO ALL YOUR TROUBLES: How to Complain EFFECTIVELY
    ==========================================================

After reading the stories of many posters on this site, I can really feel the emotion and frustration and feeling of despair, like no one cares, coming through in your words. Many of you, I am sure, have asked yourself "Why won't the company help me? Aren't I the customer? Isn't the customer ALWAYS right? Isn't it against the company's best interest to deliver poor service to the consumer? Shouldn't these companies value their patrons, who make their continued existence possible?"

I bet many of you after asking those questions have been overcome by a resounding dead silience in which your mind seems to answer with a cold, heartless "NO". --No the company does not care about you, because they know, for the most part, that the small portion of people who actually do complain and try to contact the company, will eventually give up after running into un-navigable telephone menus, rude "service" and support people, and a barrage of deception and hostility that they know will take you more time to overcome, investigate, and pursue than the average busy person has available to them.

Has this happened to you more than once in your life? If so, you may be karmically reaping the fruit of your failure to address the matter the first time it happened, because you felt it was too HARD and TIME-CONSUMING. But, if you really think about it, aren't the things that take the most effort, usually the most satisfying when you finally triumph in the end? Would it be worth all the money, time, and potential for happiness you could lose in the future, to invest a little bit of time now to defend your right to be treated fairly as a consumer and an individual?

If you are already at the point where you are willing to invest a little time actively pursuing effective resolution, you may be asking yourself "But how?" Ahh, that is the rub, isn't it! Well, guess what: I think I may have the answer you are looking for. While doing an AMAZON search for books on complaint writing, I came across the title: "Shocked, Appalled, and Dismayed! How to Write Letters of Complaint That Get Results", by Ellen Phillips. I ordered this book from Barnes & Noble, along with others, and did my comparisons. Ms. Phillips' book won HANDS DOWN. I encourage you to do your own research, but if you feel you don't want to spend the time, I will give you a headstart. It is as if Ms. Phillips recognizes the labrynthian maze before us, and having travelled the maze before, she knows where the trapdoors are, how to avoid pitfalls, and she offers us the keys to the doors of opportunity and effective complaining.

Here are a few of the important keys Ms. Phillips provides:

===============

1) Try to talk to a representative on the phone. This is always the first step. If they agree to and follow-through on a solution you approve of, then you are good to go! You should even consider writing a commendation for them.
    But, in case they are uncooperative, uncaring, ineffective, and/or deceptive,

2) ALWAYS document EVERYTHING! This includes (for each person you speak with):

* Name of the person you talk to and their REPRESENTATIVE ID NUMBER
    * Time you called
    * Amount of time on hold
    * What you called about
    * The resolution you sought
    * Level of cooperativeness of the representative
    * Did the representative seem competent?
    * What promises did they make? (dates, times, dollar amounts, when someone would call back, etc.)
    * Did they refer you to someone else (a supervisor, or another department)?

3) The most effective route to satisfaction is ALMOST ALWAYS to write to the TOP person first. Don't bother with low-level, call-center representives, or counter clerks who likely have very little ability to take the action you would require (reimbursement, replacement, repair, apology, etc.). Instead, write to the CEO, President, Board Chair, etc., to ensure the best possibility of getting your concerns addressed in a timely and effecive manner.

4) Always send copies of your letters to regulatory agencies, and anyone else who is an interested party. In her book, Ms. Phillips lists the names of hundreds(?) of agencies for your convenience. In fact, the only real thing that is antiquated about this tome, are the SPECIFIC names for the officers of the listed organizations and regulatory bodies (eg: Attorney General - Janet Reno). It takes relatively little effort in this day and age to do a Google search for the current names.

5) Better Business Bureaus are useless. They have no real mandate or requirement to help you in your dispute with their member companies. From my own personal experience, I have known this to be disappointingly true. In my opinion, though you might find some informative articles and publications on their BBB sites, as a source of relief and satisfaction they really seem to miss the mark by a mile.

6) Ms. Philips concienciously makes us aware of special laws which apply in various scenarios, that the general public is mostly oblivious of.

These are only a few of the marvelous insights offered by "Shocked, Appalled, and Dismayed"!

===============

You may notice that the copyright on the book is 1998 (revised in 1999)--10 years ago (I am writing this 08/26/08). Never fear! This book is not antiquated in content. Ninety-Eight percent of the content in this book is still relevant today.

For those of you like me who prefer books that list various examples, scenarios, and case studies, this book does not disappoint! I highly recommend "Shocked, Appalled, and Dismayed" to anyone who wants to know how to complain effectively to resturants, airlines, hotels, car rental places, auto mechanics, dead-beat parents, etc. For a balanced view, there is even a small section, including multiple examples, on writing THANK YOU notes and letters.

It took me 3 hours to craft this recommendation. After the enormous satisfaction and cornucopia of information I received from Ms. Phillips' book, I would be karmically remiss were I not to write this recommendation. My goal is to help you help yourself by giving you a "map", if you will, to the small dirt path, that leads through a dense jungle, to a heavily guarded, forbidden city where you will FINALLY find all the answers you have been seeking. Again, don't take my word for it: do your own research and find out for yourself!

I hope you find this review helpful. Now, go out into the world and make it a better place by standing up for yourself and showing those who would hold you down that your are not going to take it ANYMORE!

Good Luck!

Peace and blessings,

Kristobal

**** [DISCLAIMER: This document is a collection of opions, not a statement of fact. Neither the author of this book (Ellen Phillips), nor the author of this review (Me) is responsible for actions you may or may not take based on your readings, understandings, and interpretations of this review.]

• Tr
      4th of Jun, 2009

I know this web page is a scam the posting are from craigslist and are not real. Most of the agents get informed to make the customer stay or they could loose there job for they are recorded. The way to get your money back is stating you will do a charge back for they dont like to get charge for there scams . say you lost 1.95 and you do a charge back to teach them a lesson you make them pay the 1.95 and they get a charge back for 35.00 pluse your 1.95 from the bank . If you have lost more than a month you need to ask your bank how long they can charge back most of the time its 3 or 4 months so then you go ahead and do that. This company lies to all there customers for they dont get jobs and they loose alot of money. You need to be smart and if you really want to get some place in the indestry dont use the web go to a real place that can help you. Most of the target people are ether our youth or the elders that dont have the money and get there social check taken cuss this some of them cry to this people and they dont get any kind of sympathy so dont give them any sympathy and do charge backs dont waist your time calling them for the more charge backs that this company gets the more easy to bring this company down and stop scams like this. take care and always read all the small lettering