Hollywood Video / Scam and fraud!

enon springs rdSmyrna, TN, United States Review updated:
3.35
My w2 form seems to be lost, I worked at the smyrna store. I quit for another job, also moved from old address. The store said it was sent back to cooperate.

Comments

Be
  15th of Mar, 2010
Here is a number to hollywood video that has worked for me. They are rude but they stole from us so be hard as nails back. 360-450-6137. They do not answer it hollywood video just say thats who you are looking for and they will tell you that hollywood video is a client of theirs. Good luck.
Ho
  9th of Dec, 2010
I just checked my credit report and have a bogus Hollywood Video charge for rental fee. They need to be held accountable for this type of fraud by the Attorney General Of the US.
Gr
  13th of Dec, 2010
I just tried to get a small loan and my credit report came up showing that I have a collection of a huge some of money for hollywood video late fees! This is definitely false! I never recieved anything in the mail from hollywood video before the location by my house went bankrupt and closed. I did not have late fees and if I did have a large amount why didn't they contact me and stop me from renting movies up until their bankruptcy. I can't find any number for "Hollywood Video Corporate" and I keep running into dead ends trying to resolve this matter. I have contacted the Attorney General's office of Chicago and also the FTC. Hopefully they can help me resolve this ridiculous matter! If anyone has any advice please comment, thank you
Sm
  6th of Feb, 2011
I also have gone through this. Now, I will tell what I did, and so you know, it is now removed from my credit report. To begin: I applied for a new credit card around December 15th, and was denied for a bad debt collection notice. After accessing my credit report I found a collection notice from NCS of Oklahoma for $180.

First of all, look up how to write a letter denying a debt (google it, you'll find some information) Make sure to mention the FDCPA. The woman I spoke with at NCS demanded that I prove I don't owe the debt and that federal law gave them the right to demand proof. This is a lie, the FDCPA states a debt collector bears burden of proof. So if they use this tactic on you, make sure to include this in your letter. MAKE SURE TO SEND YOUR LETTER TO THE COLLECTION AGENCY AS A CERTIFIED LETTER requiring a signature.

I also have a letter to send to the Oklahoma state attorney Generals office as well as the Indiana State Attorney Generals office. These will include all documentation from the ordeal, postings from this and other websites, as well as my certified letter receipts and return receipt. DO NOT GIVE IN, because within a week of receiving my letter ( i know the date from the return receipt of the certified letter) this collection is no longer on my credit report.

Stand up for yourselves and if you want any tips from me please feel free to email me at S M N(number 2)K@ AOL.com (replace the (number 2) with 2 and remove spaces I type it like this to help reduce unwanted spam or BS)

Good Luck