Hollywood Video / Powerplay plan
Last month my husband payed for one month of the PowerPlay play. He called them yesterday afternoon about 4pm to see how much longer we had to use our last 6 credits. He was told that our month ended on Jan 4 so we had one more day.
Tonight after work I stopped by to get a couple movies and use those credits. I was told that memberships end at 12:01 AM on the final day. So even tho our membership showed 1/4 as are our final day, it expired just after midnight so we didn't actually have any part of that day to rent movies. I have 2 complaints about this.
1- We were told by one of their employees that we could still use the membership on that final day. I might feel slightly different if we had made the mistake ourselves in reading the policy.
2- I believe that this policy is purposely set up to be confusing to customers. I believe that they count on people making this mistake so that the customers don't get their moneys worth out of the PP plan. If they wanted to be customer friendly the plan would end at 11:59 PM on the final day and not 12:01 AM.
I plan on filling a complaint with the store manager tomorrow. I will also be mailing a complaint to the Company Headquarters. I will also be complaining everywhere I can find both locally and on the internet. I don't honestly expect much to be done because of my complaints but I'm going to try.
More Hollywood Video Complaints & Reviews
- Hollywood Video - Unfair Collections Submission 
- Hollywood Video - Fees a year later!!!! 
- Hollywood Video - Exorbitant fee, deceptive business practices 
- Hollywood Video - Scam and fraud! 
- Hollywood Video - bad customer service 
- Hollywood Video - Late Fees................. 
- Hollywood Video - Terrible refund policy 
- Hollywood Video - Manger 
- Hollywood Video - fraudulent fees 
- Hollywood Video - i dont owe you money!!