Hollywood Video / Powerplay plan

1 Layton, UT, United States Review updated:

Last month my husband payed for one month of the PowerPlay play. He called them yesterday afternoon about 4pm to see how much longer we had to use our last 6 credits. He was told that our month ended on Jan 4 so we had one more day.

Tonight after work I stopped by to get a couple movies and use those credits. I was told that memberships end at 12:01 AM on the final day. So even tho our membership showed 1/4 as are our final day, it expired just after midnight so we didn't actually have any part of that day to rent movies. I have 2 complaints about this.

1- We were told by one of their employees that we could still use the membership on that final day. I might feel slightly different if we had made the mistake ourselves in reading the policy.

2- I believe that this policy is purposely set up to be confusing to customers. I believe that they count on people making this mistake so that the customers don't get their moneys worth out of the PP plan. If they wanted to be customer friendly the plan would end at 11:59 PM on the final day and not 12:01 AM.

I plan on filling a complaint with the store manager tomorrow. I will also be mailing a complaint to the Company Headquarters. I will also be complaining everywhere I can find both locally and on the internet. I don't honestly expect much to be done because of my complaints but I'm going to try.

Sh

Comments

• Hv
      Feb 15, 2010

LMAO.
    AND its customers like YOU...that are the reason for hollywood video closing another 1000 stores. wasting our time with stupid complaints. hope you can sleep well at night knowing that your the reason MILLONS of people are losing their jobs.

• Mi
      May 07, 2010

I DID NOT SIGN UP FOR POWER PLAY AND WHEN I WENT TO THE STORE MANAGER HE GAVE ME A 1-888 PHONE NUMBER TO CALL. IT'S BEEN FOUR DAYS NOW AND NO ONE ANSWERS THE PHONE. "YOUR CALL IS IMPORTANT AND SOMEONE WILL BE WITH YOU SHORTLY". WELL IT WOULD SURELY BE IMPORTANT IF I OWED YOU!

• Hv
      May 10, 2010

If you didnt sign up for the play how the crap does they company owe you? wow.
    and the entire company is closing nationwide (except Canada) so do you realize how many people are calling JUST to complain about that? So it may take you an hour to get through to them. maybe more. thanks to useless phone calls that people like to make just to complain about something they can't help ( a closing company). and BTW its an 866 number not an 888. So wait your turn on the phone, if not, then stop complaining!