Hollywood Video / free soda

Fontana, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 909 349 0074
I rented a few movies, I returned them all on the due date. Like two weeks later I recieved a notice thru the mail saying one movie wasn't returned, I called the store, I talked to one of the employees, she said the movie wasn't returned yet, then I talked to the manager, she insisted the movie wasn't back, until she physically went to go look and found it on the shelf. Then she said there was another movie that was returned late and I had to pay late fees. I told her I returned all my movies at the same time, she replied very rudely, almost yelling at me, that she herself had put this movie back on the shelf when it was returned late. After going back and forth with this arguement, I told her I was not going to pay this late fee, and I never returned to that store again. I have yet to close my account at this store on Valley Bl. Fontana, Ca.

I opened an account at the store in Rancho Cucamonga, Ca recently. My third time renting, the girl said I got a FREE 2 liter soda with my rentals, few days later, I checked my receipt to confirm the due date, and to my surprise, I WAS CHARGED THE 2 LITER SODA!!! I will be going in to talk to the manager about this tommorrow!

Comments

Pe
  7th of Apr, 2009
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
As an employeee...i can assure you that yo uwere not charged for the free two liter. On your reciept, it probably shows you paid like $1.20 or so for the soda. If you look closer, at the rental price, they are probably about 60cents cheaper then normal. That is because the computer compensates for the "free" soda by taking off the total cost of the soda from the rentals, therefore looking like you "paid" for it. Its a common misconception, I have to explain it to customers all the time. I assure you that if you take a calculator and add up the rentals, plus the soda it will be the exact amount of what it would have cost if you had just rented the movies, and not added the soda. Hope this helps!
Hv
  4th of Feb, 2010
YOUR A DUMBASS> the 2 litter soda is free. THe price of the rentals are adjusted. it all equals the soda to be free. check the prices. they should have told you that. (its so pepsi gets their $)
Fc
  5th of Feb, 2010
as a former employee of H.V your cashier should have taken the time to explain to u that on your receipt it looks as if u were charged but that in fact what they do is reprice ur movie rentals to balance it out. the pepsi company isnt offering u the soda free the movie gallery company is.working for hollywood video isnt work at all and way too easy ur cashier could have done better.