Hollywood Profiles / Charging for things they said they wouldn't

I found this particular company on careerbuilder.com and it was asking for extras. I called the number and they needed my information for a shipping fee . Not only did they charge me that fee, but double that for a "non-refundable" charge that was never even mentioned.

On top of that, they said I was signed up for something that was a free introductory period and I could cancel within 14 days and I wouldn't be charged. Needless to say, I was charged $40 dollars two weeks after I called even after I had canceled!

They also tried telling me I was going to be charged another $98 dollars for some website registration even though they gave me the user name and password for it, never mentioning this one time fee. This is a huge scam; don't fall victim to it!

Sa

Comments

• Je
      1st of Oct, 2007

i was also charged for something i didnt want. I was charged for 79.60 for an extra person. I talked to a representative and said they give back my money. They never did its been a week and i havent gotten results hollywood profiles sucks..

• To
      15th of Oct, 2007

Yeah the same thing was done to me and I called to cancel. They said it was canceled and I was refunded, but then I got another charge on my credit card for it the next month. I called again and the girl asked her manager and said I didn't use the website for so and so time so I couldn't get it back and they have no record of me calling the first time. Its just a scam and I want to really sue their ### off but there is no real company to sue. I wonder if there is anyone out there that will help me with this.

• Do
      20th of Mar, 2008

Thanks for letting people know, because my wife and I were interested in Hollywood Profiles and thought it might be fun to sign up. But then I googled them and found your complaint. I'm not letting them scam me. Thanks for telling me!

29th of Mar, 2008

Future reference,
    ANY company that is going to charge you money up front is a scam. they are getting their information from free sources such as craigs' list.
    I would reccommend anyone wishing to check out a company, also check with the licensing board for that state. I know in California, businesses like these need to be licensed as talent agencies. Unfortunately, the Internet based businesses like these are probably nothing more than off-shore scam companies.
    If they want to prove me wrong, then provide the service for FREE, none of the SO-CALLED ONE TIME FEES, and a legitimate ground based office that I can visit.

• Cy
      31st of Mar, 2008

Hi,
    I just signed up for Hollywood Profile was thought, hey it's only 1.95 for sign-up. I'm going to let the 1.95 go and report my credit card lost so they won't charge me these fees that other people mentioned. Thanks for your feedback.

• Co
      8th of Apr, 2008
    Hollywood Profiles - Refuse to answer or cancel or deliver service!
    Hollywood Profiles
    1711 Winona Blvd #2
    Hollywood
    California
    Phone: 1 (800) 270-7138
    www.hollywoodprofiles.com

They send an email with an offer to find you work as an extra in a movie set, when ever a company is making a movie in your nearby area. The initial offer is a one month membership for $1.95. If you read the membership agreement it says that they can charge you a higher and different fee thereafter, (my mistake for missing that part). To cancel you must notify them in writing. Their address is fake, doesn't exist. I received another promotional email from them with anew address in Texas 5715 Will Clayton # 5273 Humble, TX 77338. I haven't checked it out, but I bet it doesn't exist. I have sent 2 letters, and there is no response. Sent 5 emails, no response. Their phone number is a recording that plays over and over, but no one ever answers. Two weeks after i signed up they charged me $49.95 for another month of service. If it looks like a scam plays like a scam, it's a scam. Do not fall for it it's a scam.

• Ke
      16th of Apr, 2008

They are really cruel to take advantage of people catering to the hearts of their career.. My complaint is very similar to all the other complaints...I work for a lawyer and as one person we might cant make a difference but as a group against the company...we can make a difference...please contact me w/ emails and concerns so we can bring a case against this company and shut them down...I am a SAG actor and we work hard to get out their and use the resources to further your career let alone just gain more experience to build who you are...

Again they are taking advantage of our souls and then our money... We must make them pay...

I work for a lawyer, I freelance in myacting, charity, event planning along w/ having a fun personality...so enjoy...
    and let' s get these scammers...

we will have the supreme court call them and get an answer...
    Kendria Colford
    kennipatryce@gmail.com
    The Ladies In Charge Team, Inc.
    Atlier Marketing Group
    www.myspace.com/mrsbigettz

• To
      21st of Apr, 2008
    Hollywood Profiles - Scam!
    HollywoodProfiles.com
    4180 Via Real
    Los Angeles
    California
    Phone: 8057557119
    www.hollywoodprofiles.com

First off the company says they are in Hollywood, Ca when I went to their address it was a abandoned building. When I started investigating I found out the company is really in Carpenteria, Ca the real address is 4180 Via Real, Carpenteria, Ca 93103 they do not even go by that name they are called Pinnacle Systems. It is an unmarked building and I would think for good reason. They sent me an email saying "for only $1.95" I could be an extra in movies nowhere in the terms did it say how much they would be taking out of my checking account every month the next month they took out $49.95 plus $19.95 and I got nothing for it! When I finally called them they told me I could not get a refund and when I kept asking they hung up on me. I still haven't gotten anything for my money and I haven't gotten my money back. If you have been scammed like I have please let everyone know of their real address and let them know don't do it, it is a scam!

• Bc
      23rd of Apr, 2008

They did the same to me and I am seeking legal counsel.

Hi this is a scam, by the way the price went up its now $197.00
    And yes I fell for it... I took a look at the website and notice that all the jobs where non paying and the ones that did of you $$$$ where way under the price they said you could make before signing up. Their is a big jump down from $400 a day to $50...
    Anyway called my bank to let them know do not give my hard earned money to these crooks... so if someone calls you saying you get free gas tickets dont take them dont give them your info: as this is how they will get their gruby hands on your money do not sign with these crooks also know [censored]lwood and casting and talent...

• Fa
      23rd of Apr, 2008

DO NOT GET INVOLVED WITH WWW.HOLLYWOODPROFILES.COM. What a rip off! They screwed me big time. I couldn't get in touch with a person before that "14 day trial period" was over, I kept getting a voicemail stating the hours of operation, which were incorrect. The hours of operation are also incorrect on the website. When I finally got in touch with them 3 days later, the trial period had ended, I was charged 49.95, and they refused to refund the money even though they admitted they were at fault with the misinformation on the website/voicemail.

I am fuming, and I'm not letting this go this time! I will be contacted the Better Business Bureau, my attorney general, and any durn body else who will listen. I'm almost willing to spend a grand in lawyer's fees just to get these fools shut down (although there are tons of other rip offs out there).

Do not fall for this okie-doke! Those who have been duped, let's bond together and get them shut down. I'm going to give Kendria a shot (hope this isn't more bogusosity...)

24th of Apr, 2008

I have the same problem except for that I did not even sign up for this. It just showed up on my account with a deduction of $49.95. I am having to cancel my debit card and try to dispute the charge to try to get my money back. I dont know how they even got my card information.

• Cc
      25th of Apr, 2008

I did the same thing. Signed up in a weak moment. Yup! $49 not easy come, easy GONE. Will stop payment for next month. Not worth stressing over. Just be smarter next time.

• Ge

Hi,
    I just signed up for Hollywood Profile was thought, hey it's only 1.95 for sign-up. I couldn't get in touch with a person before that "14 day trial period" was over. I was charged 49.95 and I still cant get in touch with them!!!

• Ge
      1st of May, 2008

The same thign happened to me, I just hung up with them, they said they wouldn't refund my money and they hung up.
    Is there anything we can do???
    DO NOT SING UP WITH HOLLYWOOD PROFILES, IT IS A SCAM!!!

• Ve
      1st of May, 2008

I to got charged 49.95 after my 1.99 fee it does not state anything about this charge in the agreement.I filed a dispute at my bank and had my card cut up and ordered another card. I am pissed and WILL find out who these scam artist out.

• Cs
      2nd of May, 2008

I completely feel everyone's agony here. I agree with anyone who is thinking class action. I could not get in touch with anyone either for the first 14 days. I attempted email and phone calls. I have put my account on FRAUD alert for them debiting my checking account. Also, if you need to get in touch with them call 1-800-270-7138 to get intouch with a customer service rep. Please know that they are VERY defensive about their charges and do not want to remove them. I wish you all the best of luck. Please contact me if you are interested in pursuing LEGAL action. Thank you!

• Fa
      3rd of May, 2008

File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I just got my account credited by the company after filing a complaint with the BBB!!! File on these jokers. People, let's shut them down! They are sooooooo bogus.

5th of May, 2008

I'm just now reading this.. .I dont know how they got my information... How in the hell they got my Debit Card info... THEY JUST CHARGED MY CARD 49.95 and I'm trying to call in and they wont even answer, I get a prompt call with advertisement... I'm bout DURN MADD RITE NOW... THIS IS A MESS... I DONT UNDERSTAND...

DONT DONT DONT DONT DONT DONT DONT DONT DONT USE THIS IGNORANT PEOPLE!!!

BHKIJK"IBL:OIHGJCHGLVFCXGFCHKILGUOTKCHKLGIO:H"IG:LCKVLIU:OIH"OUIGLKTDXJ

• Be
      6th of May, 2008

Apparently no one has caught up with them yet. I just recieved this email this morning and my spam block didn't even catch it. --
    "BE A STAR: Casting calls in your area!"

And being naturally suspicous of email scams I simply did a search on 'Hollywood Profiles' Humble, Tx and found this complaint board along with this one: /URL removed/

I right click on the ad and optained their URL if any one is interested:

Note: Where the (*) astrics are was my email address. So they would recieve it and if anything 'sell' it to other spammer shisters!

Anyway, thank you for the heads up with your posts...it did sound temping to go to the site...I mean hey, who wouldn't want to be paid as a movie actor or actress?

BEAR