HOLLOWAY'S UPHOLSTERY / DAMAGED FURNITURE AND FABRIC WHILE UPHOLSTERING

1 4221 ROSS AVENUEDallas, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 214-823-5888

I had a lovely collectible chair Holloways upholstered with a soft leather hide that I purchased for the chair. The long and short is that they did not properly do the work, causing the back to fall off the chair, where we then could see the wood backing had been cracked "by the wrong sized screws and too much force" per Buddy at Form, a local Mid Century Modern furniture shop. When Holloways attempted to fix what they damaged, they got marks, dirt, fingerprints and two tiny holes in the leather they had just put on the chair. My reasonable request, asking them to either clean the leather, or re-upholster it once more at their expense, met with Holloways blaming me. They said the leather I chose was too thick for the chair (incorrect and had that been the case, they, being the upholsterer, would have told me this at the beginning, not after the chair fell apart) and they claimed all the dirt and stains was how the chair arrived! NO OWNERSHIP for what they did wrong.

Ka

Comments

• Ka
      29th of Sep, 2010

Appears a pattern with them. I was not happy with them either and they refused to make good.