Hollard Insurance / vehicle insurance claim

South Africa Review updated:

I was involved in a motor vehicle accident on 20th July 2010. The vehicle was sent for repairs, notwithstanding my begging that the vehicle to be written off because of the extent of the damage. The tow-away company told me the chassis of the vehicle is damaged. After numerous calls and interactions I was told the vehicle will be ready on 4 January 2011 - more than 5 months later!. On the 4th I went to collect the vehicle but was informed by the Assessor from Hollard that he is not satisfied with the vehicle and he will let me know when to come back, which will be within a week. I have also requested a test to be done on the chassis of the vehicle. I have to date not received any report on the test. I have also not heard anything again from Hollard or the panelbeaters, Lusio Panel Beaters, Waltloo, Pretoria. I have no faith in the capabilities of the Panel beaters or trust that the vehicle will be repaired properly. This is a new vehicle which have only done 2000 km.

Comments

• Em
      17th of Jan, 2011

In order for Hollard to resolve the above, please supply Waheeda Namlall on [protected]@hollard.co.za with the following information: - Insured details (including ID number) or Policy number. Kind regards, Waheeda Namlall (Tel) +27 11 351 5120 (Fax) +27 11 351 0295