Holiday Systems International / Taste of Paradise Membership

TX, United States Review updated:

If you are considering investing any money with HSI, RUN, DON'T WALK, as fas as you can in the other direction. They are no better than snake-oil peddlers. Their guarantee means NOTHING. It is just part of their fraudulent sales pitch. I have attempted to use my membership benefits and had no success. For a recent trip I was able to book a hotel on line and in my preferred location much cheaper than anything they had to offer. Many of the resorts listed in their Vacation Guide are not available through them. I was told, "We do not do enough business with them to offer wholesale rates." This is certainly not what we were lead to believe. THIS IS THE FIRST COMPLAINT ABOUT ANYONE I HAVE EVER POSTED ON THE INTERNET. I am not easily disgruntled, but I thought everyone should be warned about HSI .

Rm

Comments

• Hs
      May 24, 2010

Holiday Systems International (HSI), like other successful companies, monitors the Internet for mention of our company’s name, and to ensure our customers are satisfied.

For the record, HSI offers our Lowest Price Guarantees, in writing, and we stand behind those guarantees. We welcome savvy shoppers who want to save on their vacations because that is exactly what we do – save our customer’s money!

We sincerely hope you will contact HSI DIRECTLY and give us the opportunity to facilitate a satisfactory outcome to your complaint. Our goal truly is to send our customers on wonderful vacations at the lowest cost possible. Please properly identify yourself so that an HSI representative may assist you.

Members of HSI can call our offices Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm PST where we will straightforwardly answer any questions regarding the many exclusive services and benefits available through HSI. We look forward to speaking with you.

• Tr
      Nov 19, 2010

I totally agree with the complainants and support their views and sentiments 100%. We too were duped into buying this Taste of Baloney package and were given a cruise certificate that promised a fixed rate discount cruise for two. Trouble is that they never discuss the fine print that takes what is a suppose to be a "FIXED" rate and adds in thousands of dollars. We paid them nearly $3, 000.00 to join their "members only" discount program only to find we could book the EXACT same cruise, same room, same dates, everything... directly through the cruise lines for basically the same rate. In some cases we found we could beat their prices online. What a rip off!!!

• Ca
      May 11, 2012

I have been with HSI paying yearly for five years. They have DONE NOTHING for my daughter and I. They say oh we have this and this and never not once with dates ever we need. I pay fees every year and it gets me no where. Sept is renewal and I am not bothering, no rentals happening no nothing. Im walking away from any timeshare stuff ever ever again.

• Te
      Aug 22, 2012

I agree

• Kj
      Feb 06, 2013

I agree with these complaints. I spent 4 hours of very high sales pressure on my Cancun vacation that left a very bad taste in my mouth. I ended up buying the "75 weeks" program from them which they said was a one time fee only and I believed them & that was a big mistake. That was 5 years ago and I have had to pay $99/year for "maintenance fees" and I haven't used even one week of my 75 weeks because I can ALWAYS get a better deal on-line than going through HSI using one of my paid weeks. Everything they told me in their high pressure sales pitch was either a lie or at best, deceiving. Even that they would buy my old time share if I bought their 75 week package, another lie. Over the last 5 years, their customer service here in Las Vegas has been so bad that I have given up on them. If you ever hear of HSI, fair warning... Buyer Beware!

• Wm
      Aug 28, 2013

I felt as many that we were duped into this program. I did not buy a time share but like the way the program was explained. When I was told I could get them to pick up my maintenance fees from my other timeshare I owned I questioned the agent and was assured that it was correct they DO pick up the maintenance fees other that the taxes. When I went to request that from HSI they said I could not get the full amount of the maintenance fee they would only pay 2/3 of the fee because they said my maintenance fees were to high and they could not get the full amount from the wholesalers they sell it to. That means I get no use from the resort and have to pay 1/3 of the fees.
    Of course they will not reimburse the cost of getting into the program and I am out the $$$$$ for what ?
    Priceline does a better job on the bid process and is a whole lot better value ! RUN AWAY FROM HSI !