Holiday Inn / bad bad bad services!!!

1 Malaysia Review updated:

A letter which I sent to general manager

Dear mr damian,

Good day.

This will going to be a long email which I am concerning the services that holiday inn melaka is providing. I am one of the tenants who booked up a wedding dinner on 26th july 2008 and there were too many dissatisfying and unpleasant incidents along the way which I think I shall address them to you but no one.

First of all, I have approached one of the ex-staff named jessie last oct and then afterwards confirmed my booking with quinn when jessie left her job half way. I was in fact ok with quinn as she gave prompt and at least response to enquiries and changes made during upon confirm of stuff for my wedding night plan.

Quinn was leaving her job was what I heard in may and lastly she stayed back by passing her on hand jobs to margery which she herself relocated to qc dept. My night mare started from there as the hotel basically is having a mess internally. Quinn told me there will be contra-off 1 table if no food tasting is taken place hence I didn’t take any. This was happened in may itself, so sorry that I am from rather a corporate bank background that I actually requested every promised/remark points to be in the beo where I have requested couple of times and have actually tried calling quinn and margery as well as email also to confirm of floor plan and beo, there weren’t any replied at all only when my sister called david, the f&b director. You will not believe his excuses of not returning my calls and emails by his staff that he actually said that hotel is short handed, omg, do you disclose what problem that hotel is facing to guests and external party then what do the hotel expect me to do? Shorthanded and then? Meaning you don’t even ready for such services. Should I cancel of my booking with deposit paid to ballroom packages by giving them easy time or should I continue to do the staff job by calling them crazily and confirm and again and again and again? This is totally unacceptable excuse to client with your organizaiton internal problem especially a global chains hotel group, how can we help with that? Put your all feet in my shoe and in any other situation. It has now gone beyond my tolerance level.

This is rather ridiculous shocking experience that I am going through. And david has actually told me food is very subjective where some say nice and some say bad, but, mr, a professional way shouldn’t be it to ask your customer preference choice first before you tell them is subjective? You didn’t even know what your customer is expecting. Can I request a lighter taste or more salty taste dishes be served? Yes. Go back to contra-off 1 table issue, so I rose this few times and finally I got it after maybe few weeks? There is another staff just joined I believe, and they take turn to ask me questions such as my signature book selection, where I have confirmed when I first met up with the person who dealt with me for all this, quinn, and they didn't even communicate, and she once said she will take care off everything and she will be the only person incharge. I don't want to answer same questions for 10 times, what is going so wrong how could it be like this??? 3 different person repeatedly taking turn serving me when there weren't any answer from my inquiries but at last I need to answer again for what I wanted and answered.

Until today that I am actually sick of it, I will need to worry that why didn’t they reply me and I was polite and patient enough to be friendly in asking why? But there is still none of it be done up to my expectation. I have once told quinn and margery I wasn’t happy with such a slow to none to ignorance and poor services that I wanted to cancel my wedding dinner package but she assured me everything will be fine, margery did not even explain and reply anything with my email showing my unhappiness.

Prior to that, there are bunch of people who heard or who experienced the bad food services etc which I most concern because I believe people will not want to, for the sake of making ownself in feeling better and then convince ourself that second marriage wedding ceremony can do better if the first ceremony experience is not good. Let say I am no body but my mother’s family is running renaissance melaka by marriott and I am not comparing which I hope I could to have a pleasant experience in other hotel too.

I seriously have no idea what is going wrong with holiday inn and only my previous mails with the hotel with date can story all. There are blogs/forum which people from around the world commented holiday inn melaka, good and bad though I haven’t experienced good one but is facing the bad one.

All in one, I sincerely hope everything will be improved and below are some of the articles/forums that maybe good fyr:

Hotel catering services

Hotel overall services

I am not here asking for making up things but to share of my feeling, no points in arguing thru and flow and it will be then, an endless story, just want to get over this and you know, after all, no one wants to have this kind of experience when their wedding is just around the corner while I only will be in malaysia on 23rd. All the best.

Yours truly

Comments

• Ke
      6th of Nov, 2008

Not agree!!! Their service is good!!

• Mo
      4th of Nov, 2009

Come on Damian, use your leadership abilities, have some constructive meetings with staff and employees...this should be an easy one for a real manager. I dont know you at all...hope your not one of those fake managers like in, Holiday Inn Rockfalls, Ill. Good luck!

• Th
      14th of Jul, 2010
    Holiday Inn - rates
    Farmington
    Missouri

Yes, I work for the state of missouri. we had for some time stayed at holiday inn at farmington missouri. then they started to go back and forth on taking the state rate to pay for hotel stay. Now they have decided to not take the state rate. Another hotel is being built in Farmington Missouri (Hampton Inn) and lo and behold we found out that Holdiay Inn owns it to (at least the people/person that owns the Holiday Inn in farmington). Other Holdiay Inns in Missouri take the state rate. I dont understand why these people are being difficult. Now we are having to stay in rat traps. Just because we are state employees does not mean we are wanting to stay in the finest hotels, only clean ones.

• Bi
      27th of Sep, 2011
    Holiday Inn - Ruined my clothes
    Holiday Inn

I washed my clothes in the guest laundry room, and put my clothes in the dryer and it damaged it with red spots. I complained and the hotel sent my clothes to a dry cleaner and the red spots didn't come out. The manager said she will pay for the dry cleaning, but that's all she can do. She came short of accusing me that my clothes could've been the cause.

2nd of Jun, 2012

I want to file a complaint of fraud for contract of rooms against Holiday inn express Chillicothe Ohio, mgr Lisa Wrights 740 851 6140. They sold our 14 rooms for 7 days booked rooms after signing a contract for services. As president of our firm for 40 years I have never had such an event happen. This is totally an unprofesional manager and company. Call me anytime for confirmation
    Jack Sparks, President SERF inc.

• Ra
      30th of Apr, 2016

Good morning,

I was over charge for my stay I included my receipts to show that I did check out on the morning of 2/24/2014 and checked into another hotel in Arkadelphia, AR. So please refund the over charge. This is the 5th request.

• Ra
      30th of Apr, 2016

Good morning,

I was over charge for my stay I included my receipts to show that I did check out on the morning of 2/24/2014 and checked into another hotel in Arkadelphia, AR. So please refund the over charge. This is the second request.

• Ni
      21st of Jun, 2016
    Holiday inn - A ripoff by American Express and a ripoff by Holiday Inn if they are unwilling to make the change
    holidayinn.com

The following complaint was made about American Express. Since the hotel in question is an Holiday Inn, the issue between the hotel and American Express Travel should be of concern to everyone.

"I made a reservation for a hotel in London using American Express Travel. The payment was in the form of cash and American Express points. Because of the volcanic eruption in Iceland, I tried to change the reservation. The hotel chain, Holiday Inn, would have readily made the change; however, the reservation was owned by American Express so they REFUSED to make the change. American Express expected me to pay the full fee of $2, 892.71 to change the reservation. A ripoff by American Express and a ripoff by Holiday Inn if they are unwilling to make the change.

I have had an American Express Card since 1976. In that time the service has been reasonable. This event has raised a "red flag" about a possible deterioration of service at American Express."

• Ad
      21st of Jun, 2016

Holiday Inn Express does a great job of ripping customers off all by themselves. They really don't need any help.

• St
      14th of May, 2018

My ordeal started with this particular hotel in Jan of this year. I called to reserve the hotel for a family reunion that was to take place Memorial day weekend. I called back to conform that everything was a go in April only to find out that the person I spoke to had not forwarded the information to the correct person. So... at that time, I spoke with the manager (Stephanie) in person at the site. She confirmed everything at that time. the room rates for the event as well as the meeting room and the cost of it for two nights with the option of canceling if we did not need it for the second night as long as we canceled before the day of. I called again today 5/14/2018 just to touch basis with Stephanie who at that time had double booked the room for Saturday without hearing back from me saying we would not need the room. So here we are two weeks away from the reunion and NO place to host it. I called the hotel three times today to speak with this Stephanie (the so called manager) who dodged my calls all day knowing she had wronged us. So I filed a complaint with the better business bureau on the Holiday Inn Express in Tullahoma Tn.
    I would stay away from this hotel unless I was surely out of options... She also never sent the link she said she would for the family to use to make the reservation... Stephanie...your a terrible manager !!!