Holiday INNracist management staff

My niece had a business trip out of town and booked her stay at this hotel. She was exhausted after a long trip. She asked permission to eat breakfast in her room, and the waitress yelled at her and told her it was against hotel policy. She mentioned to the waitress that they could have been a little more flesxible with their business travelers, she was then gievn ten minutes to leave the hotel. This to me is racism in the fullest. Please be carefull when booking a room at this hotel if you a a person of color.

Ma

Comments

• Jn
      Apr 21, 2009
    Holiday Inn - refund
    Philadelphia Stadium
    Philadelphia
    Pennsylvania

Booked online through Holiday inn website. Cancelled via website 10 days in advance to stay at the Holiday inn on Arch Street. Now getting charged for the first booking. Corporate tells me that I need to deal with individual hotel, Stadium tells me I have to deal with corporate. Getting run around all day long. What if I dispute the charges?

• Bj
      May 14, 2009

If you dispute the charges through your credit card it is almost guarenteed that you will get your money back.

Dec 08, 2009
    Holiday Inn - Fraud
    Holiday Inn

I reserve six rooms in the beginning of August, called back 2 weeks after to confirm reservation, was told, the Hotel was booked and I had no reservation, they could not find my reservation file.

• Ju
      Jan 27, 2010

Seems to be a common theme with Holiday Inns - even back in the early 80s (1982) I was charged for a stay at a Holiday Inn in Hollywood - having altered the booking at their desk to transfer to a Holiday Inn at Anaheim. Nothing but bloody scam artists. If they had said they would still charge me - I would have stayed where I was !!

Having forgotten all about that episode - I booked a Holiday Inn at Shepperton Marina in UK January 2010 - 2 rooms for 2 nights - but had to cancel due to extreme bad weather - snow / ice and police advising motorists not to travel unless they had to - and with a 200 mile trip each way & a 93 year old mother in law in tow decided it wasn't worth attempting the trip and had to forego grandaughters birthday party. Holiday Inn Shepperton refused to give a refund, travel insurance didn't cover that particular scenario and Natwest Access wouldn't help either.

I have publicised on various www forums this distasteful Holiday Inn pure greed trait - which seems to be an endemic policy throughout the company - to warn others of even bothering to book with Holiday Inns - I CERTAINLY WILL NEVER EVER CONTEMPLATE USING HOLDAY INNS EVER AGAIN - EVEN IF THEY WER FREE - AND I STRONGLY SUGGEST OTHERS SHOULD THINK TWICE BEFORE USING THEM. COMPANIES WITH THIS ATTITUDE TO BUSINESS AND CUSTOMERS DESERVE TO GO OUT OF BUSINESS

• In
      Feb 19, 2010

JNW, did you have your bank do a charge-back on your card? Mistakes with an electronic paper trail, such as this, SHOULD be easy to clear up.

A college student in TX was recently refused a room at a Holiday Inn Express http://www.iaccuse.com/accusation/college-students-turned-down-because-age and he was pretty outraged about it. But he might have gotten off easy judging from all the posts from angry customers!

• Ed
      Mar 15, 2010
    Holiday Inn - Do not book this hotel
    Holiday Inn

Do not book with Holiday Inn. They can sell their property without informing customers. I made a reservation on line in Sept. 09. arrived at the location and it was a mess and still using Holiday Inn logo on paper. When I called Holiday Inn on my return, they said they were not responsible. Then who is????? Do not use Holiday Inn because you do not know what you will end up with.

• Ho
      Jul 17, 2010

Just an FYI, If you try to book a Holiday Inn that has exterior corridors, (rooms open up to outside/parking lot) There IS not telling what you will be checking into because Holiday Inn is dropping all hotels with their flag that are designed this way.

• Po
      Nov 30, 2010

I see no racism here. The woman asserted it was a policy that she could not eat in her room, and your niece still pushed the issue. That is obnoxious in and of itself.

• Ps
      Apr 11, 2011
    Holiday Inn - CHARGED FOR ONE NIGHT STAY INSPITE OF CANCELLATION OF RESERVATIONIN ADVANCE
    New York
    India

I had booked a room through their Website at HOLIDAY INN LONG ISLAND for April 09, 2011. The booking was cancelled well in advance about 72 hours in advance. Still the hotel has deducted charges for one night stay. This is the case when I am one of their Priority Club member.
    God save the custmer.

• Ad
      May 20, 2011

The exact same thing happen to me for a reservation I booked for the 2nd of April 2011. I notified them 24 hrs in advance of cancellation and was given a cancellation number by the hotel. Weeks passed and the charge was still on my credit card. I contacted Holiday Inn corporate HQs and their responds was that it was corporate policy to not refund money even if a cancellation number was provided by the hotel. I WILL NEVER AGAIN BOOK RESERVATIONS AT ANY HOLIDAY INN OR ANY ORGANIZATION THAT IS ASSOCIATED WITH THEM!!! If there is a Class Action law suit against them count me in.

Jun 25, 2011
    Holiday Inn - Pitiful Service
    Holiday Inn Express
    Lookout Mountain
    Chattanooga
    Tennessee
    Phone: [protected]

The room stunk, the carpet was dingy and threadbare, there was no internet service, it took over 5 hours to get 2 towels, the juice m achine had hot juice for a week and finally the staff was the most incompetent I have ever encountered. Do not stay there.

Jun 02, 2012

I want to file a complaint of fraud for contract of rooms against Holiday inn express Chillicothe Ohio, mgr Lisa Wrights [protected]. They sold our 14 rooms for 7 days booked rooms after signing a contract for services. As president of our firm for 40 years I have never had such an event happen. This is totally an unprofesional manager and company. Call me anytime for confirmation
    Jack Sparks, President SERF inc.

• Do
      Jul 23, 2013

This is not racism. Do you even have a clue what racism is? By crying wolf like this you minimize the true accounts of racism. I wonder how many spoiled people cry racism because they don't get their way. GROW UP!!!

•   Jun 03, 2016
    Holiday inn - Don't stay there
    www.ichotelsgroup.com

Holiday Inn Select in Trevose, Pa is a franchise; will not work with you to issue a credit or refund if you book on line. Claim that "terms and conditions" are agreed to before entering their website and are binding/legal.

Even if you have to cancel well in advance of 2 weeks, they will still not work with you to give you any help. Not only that but they book out your room and collect twice. Shame on the Holiday Inn. Anyone who travels for a living - don't stay in Holiday Inn in Trevose Pa or book on line.

• Gl
      Jun 03, 2016

They did the same thing to me in Gettysburg. I agree with you, I'll never stay at another Holiday Inn again