Hogan Concrete Cutting / Won't Finish Pools

1 1265 NW 41st Ave, Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States Review updated:

This company previously left countless people with incomplete pools throughout 2008. Read all the complaints for Down To Earth Gunite Pools on this site. Please do NOT even think about using them, you will have months of misery.

Ba

More Hogan Concrete Cutting Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ta
      11th of Feb, 2009

I am one of the pools that Eddie has failed to complete. My pool should have been completed in September. It is now February and my pool is not complete with no time frame for them to return and finish. They have the money and have moved on to take other peoples money in the same manner. Then they move and start another company under a different name to take other peoples money...DONT GIVE THEM YOURS...

• Ok
      17th of Feb, 2009

I got the same problem about this company. They told me my pool should be done by 3 month after get premit. They start job on August 2008 until now ( Feb 2009 ). My pool still not finish. I still keep calling them to finish the job. Now they change company name and phone number. Hard to contract them. Don't reccomment this company. Please check before your desire.

• Ar
      19th of Feb, 2009

Anyone willing to go on camera?

• Fr
      19th of Feb, 2009

To all consumers I am Frank Hogan president and CEO of Hogan Concrete Cutting. This comapny has been in business since 2001 and I never built a pool for anyone named BARRY who anonymously slandered my company. If he had the ability to act as a man and call me he would find out that his statements are false. The company he slandered me with was qualified by a state licensed pool contractor. NOT ME do your homework and and see who that contractor is and if you feel so inclinded act as a man and complain about him.

• To
      19th of Feb, 2009

Mr Hogan Do you realize that your license number CPC1457087 is printed in the latest Clipper magazine with Eddie Johnson's personal pool that's in his own backyard? The same pool Eddie himself told me I could use because he was never going to finish mine! Eddie slandered your company sir, not BARRY. Your company will continue to be associated with these Down to Earth Gunite Pool people until ALL of them have been properly completed and without LIENS which should be Eddie's middle name! Send me an email ALL CONSUMERS, I'll show you the ads!

• To
      19th of Feb, 2009

I'll go on camera. At first I didn't want to because I was ashamed of the giant litter box in my backyard. Now I don't care. We're broke and desperate. I can't take the sand throughout my house anymore. How can they take my money, not finish the work and then open up under another name? The same person who answered the phone for Down to Earth Pools answered the phone for Hogan Concrete Cutting. So Frank Hogan can say whatever he wants it's still his name and his license number.

• Ba
      20th of Feb, 2009

I repeat "This company previously left countless people with incomplete pools throughout 2008. Read all the complaints for Down To Earth Gunite Pools on this site. Please do NOT even think about using them, you will have months of misery"

As Tom says license number CPC1457087 belonging to Hogan Concrete Cutting is advertising in Clipper Magazine. Down To Earth Gunite Pools are answering their phone as Hogan Concrete Cutting. I rest my case.

• Ba
      20th of Feb, 2009

Just read this post on the Topix Site which has many more complaints about Down to Earth Gunite Pools and Hohan Concrete Cutting.

Got my Clipper Magazine today and low and behold there is a full page add for a pool contractor HOGAN CONCRETE CUTTING - 1265 NW 41st Ave., Fort Lauderdale, FL Tele: 9545856199. The State Lic.# listed on the add CPC1457087 is listed to Francis Xavier Hogan, 3553 N State Rd 7, Hollywood, FL 33021. Basically what they are doing is "leasing" this guys license so they can continue to do business under a different name continue to rip people off. The license holder will be left holding the bag. I provided services for these dirtbags and they ripped me off. Stay away from them!!!

• Ar
      23rd of Feb, 2009

If anyone has made payment either at DTEG location in Ft. Lauderdale or in broward/ft. lauderdale county please conact me ASAP at:

[protected]@gmail.com

• Ri
      24th of Feb, 2009

I just read this from another post - Please note the bit regards Hogan Concrete Cutting

We signed a new pool construction contract with Down to Earth Gunite in August 2008. To date, (6 months and counting) we have a concrete shell with tile on the edge and pavers lining the top...that's it! We have no plumbing or plumbing supplies, no Diamond Brite finish, no pavers or patio, no heater, no electical, no chlorinator, no vaccuum, no cover, and no response from Down to Earth. We have made formal complaints to every available Palm Beach County and State of Florida organization. An investigation is pending against Robert Milner (Guarantor) and Eddie Johnson sales rep and owner of Down to Earth Gunite Pools and Extreme Excavating. I advise everyone who has had a problem with this company to complain to the Department of Proffesional Regulation and Licensing Bureau. It seems Down to Earth Gunite's " MO" (mode of operation) is to write up the contract stating large amounts of money are to be paid upon specific stages of construction. They install about 2, 000 worth of materials and labor and you pay about 22, 000 according to the contract. They fail to bring supplies and materials as they skip around the construction process to get contract payouts. Once you begin to call requesting when they will be there to complete the next phase, you get the proverbial run around. Employees are well trained to lie directly to the customer and promise dates of construction which NEVER take place.Eventually, they ignore your phone calls...and lastly, their response is "sue us". They have made no attempt to make this right for us. Their employees are now answering the phones at Hogan Concrete Cutting...whose offices are located at Down to Earth Gunite's Ft Lauderdale Showroom address. (Interestingly, Hogan Concrete Cutting is now running the identical pool ad, listing the identical address and phone number as Down to Earth Gunite Pools had run in the past) I urge everyone to contact the Department of Proffesional Regulation and Licensing Bureau. I am of the understanding that there are currently 60 pools open under Down to Earth Gunite..SO...look at it this way...if he scammed 20, 0000 from each open pool...it would leave him a profit of...1, 200, 000 That's over ONE MILLION folks! Not a bad profit margin! I understand Eddie Johnson has lost his pool contractor license under the name of Down to Earth Gunite Pools...BEWARE of any other company he may be involved with!!! If anyone is interested in joining together for a class action lawsuit or perhaps a visit with WPBF news...please come forward.

• Ha
      24th of Jul, 2009

Frank Hogan (who happens to be an ex cop, nice huh?) is a dirt bag. He cheats his employee's and his costumers. He over works his crew and puts them in dangerous situations and then he doesnt even have the decency to pay them their fair share when the end of the week comes. His negligence and lack of safety equipment have been the root cause of several severe accidents over the years. His "office manager" runs and hides on Fridays when the guys try and collect for the 60+ hours of hard labor they put in all week. Meanwhile, he takes luxury vacations all over the world and his useless daughter gets herself a paycheck on time every week no problem without lifting a finger for the company. The jobs dont get finished because he cant keep a crew. How long can someone get screwed before they quit not to mention his total lack of organization and common sense!? Imagine working your ### off everyday thinking youre doing the right thing, then getting hauled off to jail because your employer (FRANK) hasnt sent in your child support payments for months. Or how about going to the doctor when you are ill or need a dentist and finding out the insurance you thought you had, has been cancelled without your knowledge, yet you've still been paying for it out of your check? Or being a evicted from your home because you arent getting paid on time? Watching your kids go hungry?? This business not only needs to be shut down, but the owner should be prosecuted for the laudry list of laws he has broken. All of the people he has screwed, all the lifes he has ruined, they all deserve justice. He should have to sell his beautiful home and expensive cars and finish the jobs he has written contracts for (some have been in construction 3 or more years! FOR A POOL!) and he should be required to pay back all of the money he has screwed his employees out of.