Hodge Photography/Discount Wedding Photographer, Lake Elsinore, California / Breach of contract, scam

1 1800 E. Lakeshore Dr., Lake Elsinore, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 877-595-9717

My wife and I were married on October 1, 2011. We contracted Brad (and his second photographer) to photograph our wedding and our wedding beach party the night before. Brad never showed up to the beach party and when I finally talked to him 4 hours past his scheduled arrival time, he asked me to remind him what he was supposed to be doing for us that weekend. It gets worse... A few hours later he informed me that he double booked weddings but we didn't need to worry because he hired the photographer who shot his wedding to shoot ours. So the next day (our wedding day) I had not heard from Brad or the other photographer that Brad supposedly hired. Finally, an hour before the wedding Brad showed up looking pale and disheveled. He told me some story about why there was all the confusion but never addressed why only he showed up and not 2 photographers as promised.
After 2 months and lots of frustration and anguish we were finally able to download our photos from his web site. Technically we only got half of our photographs since only one photographer showed up. Our last communication from Brad in regards to what we are owed was in December 2011 and we have not yet received our photo book or canvas print.
We did get an email in January from Brad telling us that he is homeless and broke and most importantly NOT A CON ARTIST. What is interesting is that an out of work, homeless and broke photographer (which Brad claims to be) is still able to post new wedding albums to his web site...some as recent as mid to late January.

WE WANT WHAT WE ARE OWED OR WE WANT A REFUND... ANY NON-SCAM ARTIST PROFESSIONAL SHOULD BE ABLE TO UNDERSTAND THIS SIMPLE REQUEST.

DO NOT HIRE BRAD HODGE AS YOUR PHOTOGRAPHER. YOU WILL REGRET IT.

Comments

• Al
      26th of Mar, 2012

Brides and Grooms BEWARE!

If you are considering using Brad Hodge please read his Yelp reviews (listed under both "Brad Hodge" and "Brad Hodge Photography" based out Lake Elsinore, CA) and check him out on the Better Business Bureau website where he has an "F" rating. I'm not sure what happened, but it seems like as of August 2011 (of course, right at the time of my wedding) his business and work ethic took a total dive bomb.

I will be honest that for the most part I do like my wedding photos and my husband and I were lucky enough to receive a disc of our photos from Brad. We however have not (and probably will not) received anything else that we paid for (photo albums, etc.) and we will probably never receive compensation for only Brad showing up when we paid for 2 photographers.

I hope these reviews help prevent others from losing out by deciding to use Brad Hodge Photography!

• Do
      28th of Jun, 2012

My friend hired him for her wedding in 2012, if she emails him with a question he doesn't reply, gives her some lame excuse 2-3 weeks later when he finally replies and then continues to do it every time she tries to get in touch with him. I really don't think I would ever hire him due to his lack of professionalism alone! A wedding photographer is supposed to ease your stress and worries about your wedding photos, not add to them. Hopefully my friend can get her money back.