Hobby Lobby / returning items — would not accept everything back

Madison, AL, US Review updated:

On Mar 21, 2017 I purchased $170 worth of items. On Mar 30th, I returned 2 items and got my credit card credited for that amount. On Sep 8th (which yes I realize I am now after the 3 month window) I tried returning the remainder of the items that my husband decided he did not want to go in his "man cave". I was met with a very cold, sorry but we will only accept the items that are still current items (meaning not discontinued). Also you will only get a Hobby Lobby gift card since you are past the 90 day window...if our manager agrees to do that. So as I wait for the staff to figure out what items are current and not current, I am steaming over how this is being handled and thinking about how many thousands and thousands of dollars I have spent in this store over the years. I have returned items in the past that were beyond the 90 day window and not still current without any issue b/c the manager has seen me in there and knows how much I shop there. And how is it exactly that these items are discontinued 6 months after buying them? Anyway, the verdict comes back that I have 4 items that are not still current and they will not return for credit or do anything with them. They will give me credit for the remaining items that are current. So I get a Hobby Lobby gift card for $61.52. I am fuming mad about this and even spoke to one of the supervisors who has seen me in there over the years and expressed how disappointed I am in how this was handled and she was as cold as a cucumber and almost appearing to laugh at me. I still have all of my receipts and as I am checking them right now, I just now noticed that I was shorted $19.99+tax on an item that was returned that never was included in the gift card I was given. So there's $20 down the drain that I'll never get back. I have all of my original receipts still in hand plus the 4 items that were refused. I will attach pics of those 4 items as they are nice items that I know would sell very well and quite easily in Hobby Lobby stores. The 4 items I have in my possession are attached. Steaming mad in AL about Hobby Lobby!

Kr
Nov 14, 2017

Comments

• Po
      Nov 14, 2017

You are being unreasonable. Just because they made exceptions for you in the past does not mean you are entitled to them now. I am sure there are plenty of other customers who have spent large amounts of money that have not had any exceptions made for them. You should be grateful for what you received in the past. 90 days is well past what the majority of retailers would accept and rightfully so.