H.O.A. / STATE LAWS

1 Granbury, TX, United States Review updated:

I HAVE BEEN FINED AND PRIVILEGES PULLED BY H.O.A.. AND THEY DID NOT FOLLOW THE STATE LAW sec 209.006. I have contacted them in every way possible. what do I do . I have to pay to get to my property going on to months. i wont them to pay . if I have to follow there rules then they have to follow the states.

Comments

• Th

Do you speak english?

21st of May, 2011

i was venting . My home owners association thinks their above the law.

21st of May, 2011

Thinks THEY'RE above the law. How so?

21st of May, 2011

Ok, that's four people asking now and no response, so I'm guessing it's the home owner's fault.

21st of May, 2011

I have a very big sasso tree in my back yard. It has three plastic flamingos hanging upside down from various branches on it.

So that's his problem...

22nd of May, 2011

ok smart ### I GOT A LETTER FROM MY H.O.A. STATING I HAD 5 DAYS FOR MY RENTER TO REGISTER WITH OFFICE FROM THE DAY IT WAS PRINTED. WHEN I GOT IT OUT OF MAIL BOX TIME WAS UP. I THOUGHT THEY DID NOT GIVE ME ENOUGH TIME TO HANDLE THIS MATTER. I WENT TO OFFICE AND EMAILED THE BOARD MEMBERS. I WAS TREATED LIKE ____. SO I LOOKED UP STATE LAW AND FOUND THEY MUST SEND CERTIFIED LETTER BEFORE THEY CAN TAKE MY PRIVILEGES AND FINE ME. THEY DID NOT DO IT.
    MY QUESTION IS WHO DO I CONTACT TO GET THEM TO FOLLOW THE LAWS OF TX. MY ONLY CHOICE IS HIRING A LAWYER?

22nd of May, 2011

That's a good question...no idea though. Who polices HOA's? If they didn't follow their own P&P, then the notice should be invalid. Find out who they answer to...try googling?

22nd of May, 2011

sorry I dont sit on here for 6 hours waiting for useless comments i got a life. have a nice evening

22nd of May, 2011

Doubt anyone's been "sitting here for six hours" dumb ###. I tend to do "drive bys" during my day, imagine that's what most of us do. Good luck with that whole hoa thing...not.

22nd of May, 2011

thanks . I have by-laws to follow and they have state laws to follow. but only thing I found is to hire a lawyer. police take care of speeding etc... not sure who to contact for this

22nd of May, 2011

That why you should google it. Try something like H.O.A. Regulation/your state and see what comes up.

22nd of May, 2011

NOCTIS-LII your not to brite are you . I win in court thats not in question. I want my privileges back now

22nd of May, 2011

thanks I will look it up

22nd of May, 2011

Curious...what privileges did they take away?

22nd of May, 2011

Noctis is bright...she positively shines! Be nice!

24th of May, 2011

if i receive a certified letter and was not home wouldnt they left a card .

29th of Jun, 2011

Following your posts. I am the one about to get in a fight with them. I am going to get prepaid legal and see what can be done. Its under 30 bucks for a month and a attorney visit is free.

29th of Jun, 2011

And this site should monitor the hecklers, it makes the legitmate ones here not want to come back. What he thinks he is wronged for is in his mind right. I support anyone who fights for what is right.