HMS MOVIES - ADDRESS / UNAUTHORIZED CREDIT CHARGES

1 P.O. BOX 8100365Boca Raton, FL, United States Review updated:

Unauthorized charges after ordering a DVD. Complained to them via telephone without success. Charges for 4 months at $12.00 per month for a supposed trial membership which I did not ask for. Have now turned the complaint over to VISA and Florida Department of Finance.

Smart Savings Center, LLC
DBA HotMovieSale
PO Box 810365
Boca Raton, FL [protected]
Phone: [protected]

This is deceptive and illegal advertising at it's worst. Put them out of business

Ff

Comments

• Jk
      14th of Nov, 2009

Unbelievable business. Unauthorized debit for two services I never signed up for. It has been 5 months and they have finally said they would cancel the services. Next I will file with Master Card services for fraud.

• Ki
      22nd of Dec, 2009

We purchased a movie, "The Gnove-Mobile" from them for 3.77, plus 2.99 in shipping. Total= $6.76
    The purchase was made online and when asked if we wanted to sign up for a "Membership", or a "Trial Offer" -we said no.
    But this business charged my credit card for the member charge for the month of September, October, November and December at $19.95 per month. When I realize the charge on my credit card statement was not legit- I called them. A woman "Migs" in the Philiphines represented the company and said that a refund would be put on my card, and she would cancel the membership. That was in Nov. 2009 and the email confirmation number she gave was #9952252. I was still upset at that point because she was 'canceling' a membership which I clearly did not sign up for in the first place.
    I found out that they continue to charge my credit card the $19.95 each month anyway. I called the credit card office and they said they would look into the charges. They put a hold on two months worth of charges in question. Currently the charges are in 'investigation' process with them. I also call Hot Movies again. It was a phone message system, and I was given a choice to 'cancel' the membership through their phone system. Tried that many times, took about 10 minutes or more of my time at each try and the phone system would not complete the cancellation. So I tried the other option on their phone system, which was to wait for a live rep. The phone system would said, "We are experiencing an unusually high calling volume. You are caller number 18 and will be taken in the order recieved". Then you would wait on the phone till you were finally caller number "1' and the call would then be disconnected. This happen many times that I tried and each try cost me 20 minutes of my time. This business is illegally charging many, many people and are in the business of fraud. Put them out of business!