HMS / Claim denied. Did not fix my heater

1 MD, United States Review updated:

My heater broke down. Called HMS. a technician came and said the blower was blown out. Needed approval from HMS to carry on.
HMS denied the claim on the basis that I had not been maintaining the heating unit as required.

I protested but with no avail.
I believed that I had been ripped off by H.M.S. The reason I carried insurance is in case of unforseen circunstances. I think they just looked for a reason to deny the claim.

More HMS Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Em
      7th of Jul, 2009

I ordered a DVD for a total of 6.89 and was charged 19.95 on top of that. Whats up!

9th of Aug, 2009
    HMS productions
    Florida

I was charged 12.00 for a movie but now they have charged me a second time and I am unable to get to the website again to stop the charges. I went to my bank and they said to contact the company first then if I am not satisfied with their actions I can file a fradulant billing action against them and the bank will investigate. In the meantime what is stopping them from charging me for something else?

• Te
      25th of Aug, 2009
    Deborah Blocker

I checked my bank account and found that HMS withdrew $19.95 from my checking account without my authorization on the 8th of this month. August 8, 2009. I would request that the amount of $19.95 be put into my account so I can return it to the bank. I would appreciate a prompt response to this matter. Thank you, Deborah K. Blocker

• Cc
      8th of Sep, 2009
    HMS - Fraudulent charge
    HMS

I ORDERED A MOVIE THROUGH HMS AND NOTICED THAT THEY CHARGED MY CREDIT CARD FOR TH MOVIE AND AN ADDITIONAL $19.95.

I CALLED AND ASKED THAT THE CHARGE BE REMOVED AND WAS TOLD IT COULD NOT BE.

I ASKED TO SPEAK WITH A SUPERVISOR AND WAS TOLD THEY WERE ALL IN A MEETING.

I ASKED FOR ANOTHER TELEPHONE NUMBER TO CALL A SUPERVISOR AND WAS TOLD THEY COULD NOT PROVIDE THAT.

THEY ARE CLEARLY CROOKS - BEWARE!

• Ta
      1st of Jun, 2012
    Home Warranty
    Delaware

This is the WORST COMPANY TO DEAL WITH!!! My A/C unit is not blowing cold air and I called them 4days ago. 1st response, "we cannot locate a company yet but we will". Then i get an automated call that asks me how the service was for the A/C?!!!HUH!!! The thing is not even fixed, I get a competitor, pay for diagnostic so that I know what is wrong with my unit. Guess what, They get some creepy company calling me at 11pm to come and fix my unit!!! IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT!!! Question 1, will they be able to see and the top most question, I DO NOT WANT STRANGERS WHO I DO NOT KNOW IN MY HOUSE AT THAT HOUR!!! Call the company again to get the A/C fixed, are yu getting my drift, then its another song, I will call you back when we locate one for you.. Did I mention I have two young children and it is not peachy outside? I am fuming presently and waiting for some supervisor who sounded tickled by my ordeal and was giggling when I was frustrated and angry with her!!! WORDS TO THE WISE, FILE YOUR COMPLAINT WITH THE CONSUMER PROTECTION OF YOUR STATE UNDER THE ATTORNEY GENERAL AND YOU WILL SEE HOW QUICK THEY WILL START MOVING!!! IT'S UNBELIEVABLE!!!