HMS / Fraudulent Membership Charges

HMS Movies
I order a movie online from HMS movies for $10.14 on 6/19/09. On 07/22/09, I decided to check the recent transactions on my credit card online. I saw a pending charge to HMS Movies for $19.95. I then checked my last month transactions and saw that not only had I been charged for the movies I ordered, I was also charged an un-authorized fee of $19.95. When I checked my account at the HMS website, I saw that it was a monthly membership fee! I did not sign up for this. When I contacted the company, they said that the terms for purchasing from them was clearly explained on the order check out and I had a 3 day free "trial" period in which I could have chosen to cancel the Membership but didn't. Therefore they are refusing to remove the charge from June but as a " courtesy" will give me a credit for the charge for July, since I'd already cancelled the "Membership" yesterday! I saw nothing on that website that even hinted that this was a so-called "Membership" club and know that once again I have been ripped-off!

More HMS Complaints & Reviews