HLL PureIT / Battery Kit delivery delayed for a month

1 India Review updated:

I have booked for a HLL PureIT Battery Kit a month back and so for those executives didn't deliver me with one. My repeated phone calls to the Customer Care and mails were in vain.

I never seen such a bad response in my life so for. And i don't know where to move from here.

Comments

• Da
      18th of Dec, 2007

HINDUSTAN LEVER (PUREIT) PRODUCT SERVICE VERY BAD.(SORRY) NO SERVICE AFTER MAKING SALES MADE BY THEM. THEY PUBLISHED ONLY HELPLINE NOS. BUT AFTER SALES THEY ARE CHEATING THE CUSTOMER. THEY ARE WASTED OUR TIME AS WELL AS MONEy ( PHONE CALL)
    MY SELF ALSO SUFFERED A LOT.

• Sh
      20th of Dec, 2007

Hindustan lever pureit service is the worst service i have ever come accross by any company. I would never like to buy an HLL product ever.

• Sr
      5th of Feb, 2008

I would like to bring to your notice pathetic service provide by your Pure it water export. I am greatly dispappointed with company like HLL treating customer so badly. I will narrate my horror story in short. I bought Pureit water filter sometime last year. I was given assurance that Battery replacement for the Unit will be in 3 working days. To my surprise I have ordered 2 time Batter replacement last year and No response from your side. This time I ordered Battery replacement on 28 Jan 2008 at your call centre No.9243100100 and one Mr.Amit picked up my call and assured me that the battery will be delivered on 31st Jan 2008. To make convenient for him, I told him deliver the battery to my office, which is in Airport Road, which is easy to locate. To my surprise the same was not delivered to me or I got a call from your agency. On 1st FEb 2008, I called up again to the same number asking for Mr.Amit, for which I was given reply that he was busy on another call and one Mr.Syed answered me and assured me that same will be same in my office or on 2nd Feb 2008 at my residence. This time also there is no call or battery being replaced by your call centre. This is not customer service in any standard. I worked for REtail industry for 5 years and never put my customer such trouble. It is recommended that people should have called me and atleast updated on the delivery status. I am writing this mail with complete disappointment on a customer service provided by HLL company and also my son and my wife got into severe de-hydration problem and treated as outpatient due to water problem. My concern is not only Battery replacement also the kindy customer service provided by your agency.

Request you reply to my mail at the earliest where I can purchase battery.

• Ts
      6th of Feb, 2008

the service is very poor. the helpline are no.s are not at all working. the representatives are not at all oblighing or even hearing our complaints. I have booked forchanage of battery as well as bottom chamber which was broken on dec. 22nd 2007. Till today nobody turned up. aftersale the service is not good. they never turned back. The helpline no.s are dummy it seems. My time and money is wasted. I feel very shame to be a customer buying pureit.
    can u please reply to my maill

• Su
      8th of Feb, 2008

From january14th, 2008, i have made repeated call's to HLL for pureit water purifier's battery replacement. But till today nobody even bothered to hear my complaints. Aftersale the service is not good. They never turned back. The helpline no.s are dummy it seems. My time and money is wasted. I feel very shame to be a customer buying pureit.

3rd of Mar, 2008

I requested for an TAP replacement, which they are not able to do it for the past 3 months. They should stop selling the products which they are not able to service.

• Sv
      13th of Mar, 2008

Not properly booking just actual make booked M03 model but delivered M 04 model damaged washer booked but not yet received past ten days please asked your agent and contact to me.

• De
      15th of Mar, 2008

HLL pureit's service is the worst. Repeated calls doesn't bother them and they are quite calm even when you show your dissent. If they want to progress in future, they must stop selling by direct marketing and go for service centers with branches.

• Sp
      10th of Apr, 2008

From March, 2008, i have made repeated call's to HLL for pureit water purifier's battery replacement. But till today nobody even bothered to hear my complaints. After sale the service is not good. They never turned back. The helpline no.s are dummy it seems. My time and money is wasted. I feel very shame to be a customer buying pureit.

Now, I am consulting my advocates to file a case (in the consumer Court) against HLL PureIT authorities/officials.

• Ej
      22nd of Apr, 2008

Call to Helpline and complaint 4 times for replacement of Battery kit 1 and half month ago. But not resoponded. I am ready to Tell to my neibours and colligs " Dont Purchase Pureit" Very Poor Service

• So
      4th of May, 2008

I have booked for a HLL PureIT Battery Kit a month back but so far they have not delivered the same. My repeated phone calls to the Customer Care and mails were in vain. HUL must improve service levels or face consumer backlash.

Is anyone at HUL listening?

Somnath Chatterjee
    Cox town
    Bangalore

• Kl
      30th of May, 2008

I am also victim of HLL pure it. I have booked battery kit 15 days ago and no service excutive turned up for replacement. I feel, i have done one of great mistake by seeing the company brand name.The only option left with me is to throw that useless filter into muncipality dust bin.

• Dr
      10th of Jun, 2008

I agree and really empathise with all the people who have raised their complaints as above.

I bought a Pureit Home Water Purifier in about September 2007. Recently the Germ Kill Battery Kit needed replacement and as suggested in the instruction manual we called the helpline number on 3rd June 2008 to order for the Kit replacement. We were told it would be delivered in 3 working days. Yesterday ie 10th June 2008, we called again to check about the status since we had not received any replacement kit, and we were told that our request would be put on “higher priority” and that someone would deliver the kit by end of day.

We haven’t heard from anyone even as of this morning. So I called their helpline no. (9243100100 for Bangalore) and the call centre executive very promptly told me that we have the record of your calls but we cannot do anything except put the request in the system. We don’t have any contact with anyone from the company sales or service people. When I asked if she could give a manager’s number she said she doesn’t have one.

I decided to call the HUL head office in Mumbai and spoke to someone who gave a number for their Chennai office 044-39836223 and said that someone would answer the queries there. But as one would expect, no one picked up this number even after repeated calls.

I find this entire thing a mockery of customer service.

Incidentally I checked on the internet for any such complaints and wasn’t really that surprised to see so many people talking about the same problem of battery replacements not being made available. Just FYI there is another complaints board at the following link.

I bought the product on the assurance that it was being sold by a reputed company like Hindustan Lever and was promised that all the spares and service would be easily available. But like many others my experience has been otherwise.

Not only does this indicate that not enough attention has been paid to the after sales service by Hindustan Lever, it also, in a lot of ways, indicates that the company is only worried about the sales of these products and then leaving the hapless customers to fight for themselves.

I guess we will have to resort to the word of mouth publicity and ask our friends and colleagues to stop buying Pureit (although the product itself is good).

16th of Jun, 2008

Hi,

I have made the biggest mistake of my life by buying a HLL product. My bottom chmber has broken though I was told its unbreakable and representatives still persist that it unbeakable and is broken due to our mishandling. I have made request to replace the same around 10 days back and till now the customer care as same answer 3 working days.

HLL's pureit is a big fraud and some leagl action should be taken against such a shabby after sales service.
    Ya and I agree though the product is good HLL's mismanagement is really disappointing.

• Sh
      17th of Jun, 2008

I bought the product on the assurance that it was being sold by a reputed company like Hindustan Lever and was promised that all the spares and service would be easily available. But like many others my experience has been otherwise - It s totally worst service.

17th of Jun, 2008

I need to replace my Pure IT's water tap but none of your executives had turned back. For a couple of weeks we are inconvient to use the Pure IT. Only my repeated calls to the customer care are been wasted., they are not asking the problem instead they assume one and send the executive, which is too meaningless. What up going on in the customer care centre???

Do i need to wait for couples of weeks to replace by PureIT's water tap??? then for what you have provided the customer care number in your site.

Sorry to say.. Your service is too bad. Oops! no service at all..

• Sn
      24th of Jul, 2008

They are cheating!Consumers Arise Awake and drive them out from the market.
    Please spread the message to your friends not to buy the pure it.
    you will become impure!
    Whenever you see the person demo the pure it product in front of a bank, temple, supermarket entrance, ask them questions with facts on hand. alter the stand by on lookers and expose the product then and there.
    But I feel a very strong forum should be created so that a compensation could be claimed for all of mental agony, wasted time and phone call charges!
    if you agree pl write to me.
    we will do something!
    regards
    s nagarajan

• Ar
      1st of Aug, 2008

Hindustan Unilever is a big name but launched pure it with pathetic service, i bought this product form Tilak Nagar, at the time of purchasing they assured me 100% free service satisfaction with in 24 hours. First problem was cleaning i have called them many times but no body attend me, after that its bettry has been finished i am calling from last 15 days but nobody is coming for replacing the kit, t now i have been fredup to call them . i have call them many time but some time they said wrong no or some time they said sir abhi ho jayega .i will suggest u not to buy pureit 7 also suggest your friend not to buy pureit.

arman singhal
    west delhi

• Ve
      5th of Aug, 2008

I have booked for a battery kit a week back and didn't deliver me with one. They said they will send it to me after 2-3 days. I repeated phone calls to the customer care but not response. I think that they agree money or cheat the customer for money .it is wasted. I will tell anyone "don’t buy a new pureit" The services is very poor. Don’t see pureif advertisement TV. It's foolish.

• Pr
      16th of Aug, 2008
    HLL PureIT - Non-delivery of Pump
    HLL PureIT
    India

I have called thrice on helpline and was assured help within 2 working days, yesterday evening I had been assured by the Senior. Executive that he will personally look into matter and send technician today itself, but till 1pm in the evening no one has attended the call. So, I have decided to stop using the Pureit and surrender if possible and purchase new machine tomorrow itself has i have a small kid of 3 1/2 yrs for which i have to boil water has it very expensive method. So, Better purchase a new kit of any other company apart from yours to stay away from contaminated water and disease