Hitchcock Shoes Inc. / High praise, not a complaint!

1 Hingham, MA, United States Review updated:

This is NOT a complaint but HIGH PRAISE. I ordered shoes online and my weird feet are hard to fit, so I had to call their Customer Service and to my amazement, a human being answered. No computer. No press 1 for this, 2 for that, etc... A friendly human being who solved my problem immediately and mailed me the heel grippers i needed for FREE.

Sometimes rather than complain, you have to praise those who do things the way they should be done. I am not a shill for Hitchcock, but they were so refreshing to deal with I had to say something on their behalf. The previous day I had wasted a whole day with another company who gives you no way to talk to a human.

Comments

• Br
      5th of Apr, 2017

I made the mistake of ordering shows from Hitchcock Shoes because I have very wide feet and didn’t have time to go running around trying to find something that fit in a store. I placed a $200. order. The order was promptly shipped however, the overall quality of the shoes screamed Payless…not the high quality shoes I expected. One pair fit fine, the other was tiny by comparison and didn’t even begin to go on my foot but I thought, no problem…they’ll fix it. Why wouldn’t they with their margins? Well quality is one thing, correct sizing is another and both of these can overlooked if you receive quality customer service. Fail that and you are shoe loser. Guess what, Hitchcock Shoes is named after the nightmarish horror filmmaker Alfred. Atrocious customer care, the force you to ship the shoes back before replacing them or reimbursing you unlike other companies who issue a call tag and have UPS pick em up at no charge to the consumer. Their shipping charges on the original invoice would have covered shipping to and from me. So I learned the hard way that Hitchcock Shoes is a portal to Hell and I hate them, heart and sole. Keep shopping and find a retailer that treats customers right, ships the proper items and fixes their mistakes. Hitchcock is for The Birds.

16th of Jun, 2017

DO NOT Order anything from HITCHCROOK!!!One of the worst customer service experiences I have ever dealt with in my life. I returned a pair of sneakers that I wore for a couple of months which had terrible tears in both heals of the shoes. The shoes were so bad it made them unwearable. I paid $10 shipping to return the shoes and was told by a "35 year experienced professional" that it was my fault for getting a size too big. I told her that I have been wearing 9 1/2 for over 20 years and never experienced this type of problem in any of my shoes. So basically they didn't want to help me out in any way. They offered me a measly $20 refund or my shoes back? WOW!! A proper well established company would have either refunded my order or just sent me a replacement pair of sneakers equal to the price I paid. Why would you lose a customer and make me unhappy for a pair of sneakers that were clearly defected? I just don't get it? I will be writing on all social media about how horrible customer service HITCHCROOK is. DO NOT buy anything from HITCHCROOK!!!

5th of Nov, 2017

I ordered slippers from you a week or more ago & havent received them yet

• Ka
      29th of Nov, 2017

Very negative experience here with this company. I placed a $150 order for a pair of boots. I followed their sizing exactly and selected the right size for my feet. I got the boots and tried them on and they were gigantic. I sent them back for a refund. It cost me twice as much to send them back as the $15 I paid to get them here in the first place. A month later I still hadn't received my refund so I called and got a useless response. They couldn't find a record that they had been returned. Apparently they don't scan and update your order when it comes back. I was told I would just have to wait to see if I got a refund.

Two days later, guess what showed up again sent back to me from Hitchcock shoes. yup you guessed it, "sorry you didn't like the design of your shoes but we won't take them back since they were worn". Are you kidding me? Yes I tried them on with a pair of clean socks and walked around maybe a total of 20 feet just like you would at the shoe store. And for that they won't take them back.

Highly recommend not to ever do business with these people.

Highly recommend not to ever do business with these people.