Hitch Shop USA / Stay away from this business

1 Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States Review updated:

I placed an online order for a trailer hitch for my Nissan Sentra so I could use a hitch mounted bike carrier. The order was placed on November 12th, 1007, and was supposed to be a Christmas gift from my parents since they were paying for it. I did not receive it until the first week of January, and it was a long frustrating ordeal.

After the order was placed I logged back into their website and saw that the order was "processing". After about 2 weeks of it being in "processing" I was starting to wonder what was going on. I looked for an e-mail address, but found nothing. Instead, you have to log onto your account and send off a message. I did this about 4 times, each time asking for the status of the order and if it was even going to happen, my debit card did receive a charge for the order. I never got a single reply.

After waiting a few days more I tried to e-mail a reply back to my order confirmation, but that address just bounced back to me. I finally called the 800 number to ask them what was going on. Some guy who didn't sound all too happy about being interrupted took down some info from me and told me "As soon as I finish with this customer I will call you back". Well, after waiting a week and hearing nothing I called again. This time a guy was a little more helpful, but never once told me the reason for the long delay, and assured me that it would be shipping out very soon. They do not charge for the shipping at the same time as the product, they bill you two different times. When they tried to bill me for the shipping they had to call me back and ask for a different card because they could not get my debit card to work (which was in good standing and had already been used to charge the product).

Finally got the charge to go through on a credit card, and I waited for the delivery, and what a joke! It was not in a box, instead they just stuck on what they needed to to ship it, and sent it out the door. It had scratches and even some light surface rust on it, how does a metal receiver hitch get rust on it after just a week of being transported in a UPS truck? I went ahead and just used a wire brush and touch up paint and installed it that weekend, I was too fed up with them to deal with them anymore. They never offered me anything for all the trouble I went through, and I only got one apology, and even that sounded half-hearted. They claim they are the one of the best in the business in Florida, I say stay as far away from them as possible and avoid the headache I got.

Va

Comments

• Mi
      4th of Aug, 2010

I agree STAY AWAY. Went to buy a hitch for my new car they gave me a bent one and when tried to returned they stated they have no control on how the merchandise is delivered. Would not refund or exchange hitch.

• Me
      19th of Aug, 2010

I went to the Hitch Shop and had a hitch installed on my Ford Explore. They were very knowledgeable about hitches and the accessories. I had called around to Uhaul and other places the Hitch Shop was also the Best Price around. The had my hitch and it was installed in less than an hour...

• Am
    Hitch Shop USA - NONE THE ARE GREAT
    HITCH SHOP USA
    Fort Lauderdale
    Florida
    facebook.com

ACTUAL I HAVE NO COMPLAINT THEY FOUND ME A HITCH TO FIT MY CAR AND IT WAS REASONABLY PRICED THAT HAD GREAT SERVICE AND THE PRICE WAS AWESOME...

FATHER AND SON SHOP, THIS PLACE IS FULL OF PARTS FOR TRAILERS HITCHES AND THEY EVEN SERVICE PRESSURE WASHERS

• Am
    Hitch Shop USA - BEAUTIFUL WORK
    HITCH SHOP USA
    Fort Lauderdale
    Florida
    facebook.com

THEY DID A GREAT JOB THEY FOUND ME A HITCH FOR MY 1998 FORD MUSTANG.. I WALKED IN THEY HAD THE HITCH AND THEY INSTALLED IT.. I DIDN'T KNOW THEY HAD ALL THE ACCESSORIES FOR MY HITCH AS WELL...

THEY BRING OUT THE BEST IN A FATHER AND SON BUSINESS