Hit Web Design / Update - Important

1 Provo, UT, United States Review updated:

I realize some of you may already know this, but HIT has changed their name yet again and are now known as ISO Web Works. Stay clear of this company as they'll probably screw people all over again as they did under their last name.

Here is a documentary done on the news in their own mormon state:

What shameful mormons, ripping people off like that. A typical day at HIT web design:
The place is so terribly run from the inside out. The people in management know next to nothing about website creation and put way too much work on their employees.

At first they had us juggling 20 customers at a time, then it went to 60, then 80+. That's way too many people to deal with for one person. There's no way anyone can keep a promise of getting their website done in 2 weeks when they don't hire enough help.

On top of that, employees (minus mangement and owners) don't get any health insurance until a year of working there. But they either get fired or quit before then. The only way this company stays afloat is by shafting their employees of benefits and by making monthly profits off webhosting.

On top of all the work they dump on their employees, they also have them answer phones all day long. And they wonder why projects can't get done on time? You can't have your designers, programmers, etc. answering phones all day when they're supposed to be working on the sites. They have this thing called a phone queue. Since they obviously don't have enough customer service/secretary type positions to answer phones, random phone calls come in all day long. Yours may randomly ring. Usually its a complaint about a customer you never heard of or a website you never worked on. While trying to figure out what is going on with someone else's client (either current employee or ex-employee) valuable time is wasted that could be used working on people's websites.

On top of that, their tech support department likes to dump their responsibilities on other departments. This greatly adds to the chaos and frustration there. It is not any departments responsibility other than tech support to set up emails, trouble shoot problems. Other departments have no time to deal with these issues when they've got 80+ clients to talk to on the phone weekly and work on their sites.

It is horrendously understaffed and overworked employees. The owners are idiots and know how to run a business just as much as they know about websites. Good riddance, I say.

Ll

Comments

• Hi
      16th of Jul, 2009
    HIT Web Design - billing
    Hit web Designs
    Utah

this company really needs to be investigated please do your home work or be rich so they can take you for all your money

• Ut
      23rd of Jul, 2009

I think that you should call your credit card company and do a charge back. This is unacceptable!

HIT is HORRIBLE!!!

27th of Jul, 2009

Hit is a scam!!! They provide horrible service and when you try and cancel, they say "We only provide 50% refunds even though we have done nothing to your site. That is what our contract says."

27th of Jul, 2009

This company used to be Heritage Web Design. Until they go such bad press! Do not use HIT Web Design. They will take your money and runnnnnnnn!!

• Si
      28th of Jul, 2009

This is a letter that I sent to the CEO, to which I have not received a response, of course. If anyone wants to start a civili suit please let me know!!!
    --------
    To the CEO of HitWebDesign:

This message is written to express my extreme frustration regarding the very mediocre and unprofessional services that I have received from your company.

Since March 3, 2009 I have been trying to put together a web page for my photography business. Today is July 21 and the project has not been completed. Some of the most serious issues that I have experienced and that have delayed the completion because they needed to be resolved have been:

1) Mislead in the terms of the deal: charges and fees such as monthly hosting fees and charges for watermarking.
    2) No submission of tutorials when requested (still missing tutorial for newsletter because the person "must be on vacation or something"...)
    3) No response from designers, or extreme delay in responding. At times it felt like I was begging for someone to respond.
    2) Arbitrary change in design and/or content of the page, without my approval.
    3) THE PAGE WENT LIVE WITHOUT MY CONSENT/APPROVAL, mistakes and glitches included, because someone thought that "I wouldn't want to loose business"...
    4) Extreme waiting times when one tries to reach customer service by phone... Sometimes given the runaround from department to department... No one seems to be "in charge of that"
    5) I requested my money back from Hit Web Design because I was extremely upset and I was not getting any answers. I was told by your people that I couldn't have my money back because "I was breaking the contract", EVEN THOUGH IT WAS YOUR PEPOPLE WHO WERE NOT DOING THEIR JOB!!!
    5) I requested a charge back from American Express because of lack of service from you. Your people responded to American Express quite unethically, taking some of my messages out of context, and saying that "my page was live, that it was on the internet, and that they had provided the service they were hired for". In other words, THEY LIED and of course I did not get my money back.
    6) I gave it another try, and the same problems appeared again...

Today, July 21, after about 135 days and 217 e-messages my web page is still not completed. The customer service person (Jeff) says that he "does not have any open items on my account", which means that after all these problems he still does not have a clue as to where my case stands. Further, he still does not show any interest whatsoever in answering my questions or addressing my concerns... He answers some, ignores others... I have to ask again and again... If you don't mind me clogging up your inbox I will be glad to forward to you all the messages that have been going back and forth which support these complaints, if so requested.

You will have to agree with me that your company has obviously not been prompt and professional as it pretends to be. The incompetence of Hit Web Design borders fraud to the customer, and what's worst, the customer has no recourse when it comes to complaining or bringing this behavior to the attention of the law: your contract is written in such a way that it is YOUR COMPANY who is always right and is allowed to do as it pleases.

I am frustrated, angered, disappointed, and tired of dealing with incompetent people. I have spent an enormous amount of time an energy trying to make this work, to no avail.

I want my money back, please.

• Be
      3rd of Aug, 2009

I would be interested in involvement in a civil suit..I had several issues as you outlined..accounting company is calling on paid invoices saying I owe them money!!
    [protected]@yahoo.com Catherine Scott

• Th
      17th of Aug, 2009

I have had nothing but lies and dropped balls. they never return emails, phone calls, etc. They keep promising and you never get anything but more sales jobs. This 50% refund policy is nowhere in my papeerwork. this is the most outrageous company I have ever dealt with. Lying, cheating, stealing ripoff artists. I am close enough to file small claims (I live in Reno, NV.) Anyone care to join me?

17th of Aug, 2009

I would also love to be involved in a lawsuit. [protected]@yahoo.com

18th of Aug, 2009

At HIT Web Design, we are committed to maintaining the highest levels of honesty and integrity. We have been able to resolve most of the customer’s complaints from this website. However, there is no such thing as a complaint free company. If you look at most the complaints here, they come from very few people. Research any large company and you will find they have complaints posted about them on the internet, whether justified or not. There are simply a handful of individuals who, regardless of the merits of the issues, post slanderous and/or negative comments. Let me assure all who read this that those few who complain are less than 1% of our total volume of business. Heritage has been able to satisfy every complaint posted, given that customer gives us the opportunity to do so.
    If you have a specific complaint or concern, please communicate directly with me at [protected]@hitwebdesign or [protected]@hitwebdesign.com.
    My personal promise to you is that HIT Wed Design will be completely fair and equitable with you.
    Warmest Regards,
    Quality Control Administrator

18th of Aug, 2009

This company clearly needs to be investigated for their scary tactics!

20th of Aug, 2009

I have sent endless messages to CEOHitwebdesign (see above), quality control, information, customer service, etc, and I haven't received a single response. Not one. Therefore I am not wasting my time anymore trying to communicate with you. I have about 300 emails with names, dates, and pertinent information that I am willing to show to anyone, related to my frustration in dealing with this company. I am still struggling to get my page done (it's been six months!!!) and it is still like I am begging for a service/product that I rightfully deserve because I paid for it. And what's worse, they are charging me $30.00 a month for a page that's not even live... They had promised that they would start charging after the page was done... Hmmmm...

The fact that there's only a few of us doesn't mean anything. It only means that there's only a few of us who have taken the time and have the courage to write our thoughts, hoping to find a solution. If this company really strives to excel in customer service, the CEO should be very concerned and not underestimate the fact that the problems are the same across the board: misleads, lies, inaccurate charges, runarounds, frustration, all of which border consumer fraud. I suggest s/he takes a closer look a what's going on within your organization, obviously s/he has no clue or has been misled.

I am also interested in a civil suit. Please contact me.

Thank you.

20th of Aug, 2009

Also... Has anyone noticed that all the responses posted by Hit Management are identical? They have one or two form letters that they slightly modify to fit whatever complaint they are addressing at a particular time... One starts "it is in our best interest to work with customers..." and the other one starts "At Hit Web Design we are committed"... Just check the messages s/he has sent and you'll see!!!

This is yet another proof that they couldn't care less about the customer... Not even for this they take the time to really dig into what's going on...

24th of Aug, 2009

Hit Web Design has a long history of using form letters, and replying to negative online posts in an insultingly robotic way. The CEO(?) Brad Stone of Hit Web Design seems to be a true class act. I just cannot believe that this man runs a medium sized company let a lone an a fruit stand on the side of a highway. This man seems out of touch and so far removed from the operation that he truly cannot be believed let alone trusted. The Quality Control person at Hit Web Design would probably do better making sure people's websites were completed than trying to post cold heartless comments online.

I too have written the CEO email at Hit Web Design with no response, or acknowledgment of my issues or concerns. I did a charge back and got my money back... all 100% of it! If I was to go through them I would have only gotten 50% or less back. So that is why I tell people and will keep telling people that you MUST contact your Credit Card company to get your money back. A charge back is the ONLY way to go, when you are dealing with a racket such as Hit Web Design.

3rd of Sep, 2009

Please involve me in this suit because that company ( ### web design ) is a fraud and i mean it seriously [protected]@yahoo.com

10th of Sep, 2009

I encourage everyone to contact Mr. Matt Nelson ([protected]@hitwebdesign.com) to try and resolve your disputes. This is what I did and we were able to reach an agreement.

• Pw
      6th of Mar, 2010
    HIT Web Design - Ripped me off and will not issue refund

Back in August 2009, I contracted HIT Web Design for a logo, web design and web hosting. They were paid $840 in advance and to this day (March 2010), I have yet to see anything but a logo. I consistently get phone calls from them asking me to purchase additional products at outrageous prices. They have refused to refund any of my money. Has anyone thought of starting a class action lawsuit against them?

8th of Mar, 2010

It is in our best interest to work with customers who have complaints in order to reach a reasonable and fair resolution and establish a long term business relationship. One of our core values is to demonstrate our respect and commitment to all of our clients. In most cases, we go beyond what is fair for the company to satisfy a displeased client.

If you have a specific complaint or concern, please communicate directly with me at [protected]@hitwebdesign.com or [protected]@hitwebdesign.com.
    Warmest Regards,
    Quality Control Administrator

1st of Apr, 2010
    HIT Web Design - comment
    Heritage Web Solutions
    hitwebcomments.com

hitwebcomments.com a site to share your experience and begin plug into a network of people who have shared like experiences

2nd of Apr, 2010

I payed 200 dollars to have flash buttons put on my site. After a month of going back and forth with customer service they told me it was already completed when the work never started. They said when you hover over the buttons they flash green and I told them thats been doing that for 4 months. They wont refund me they said they just did that even though the technician says he didn't do anything. Heritage Web Solutions now known as hit wont help me. I have sent tons of emails to all their complaint departments they will most likely post after I post this saying contact there 800 number and or email them at [protected]@hitwebdesign.com or [protected]@hitwebdesign.com or [protected]@hitwebdesign.com Trust me you have to send tons of emails to those three emails to get a response. I have called them so many times for help and they wouldn't help me. They are now riping me off saying the work is done. HIT web design stay away. There customer service wont help. All the like to do is sell there service and make you wait months to do anything even though they have the resources. They will tell you after you sign up they have know SLA that's service level agreement. My site was supposed to cost 2999 it's now cost 2000 and still not done. This company will rip you off. HIT Web design should put and S in front of HIT. This company is also Mormon Owned. Their articles of faith state be honest in your dealings with your fellow man. I thought when i signed up with them they were honest. They just sell empty and very late results. I have emailed all of them 800 plus times since the start of my site and its still not done. HIT web design when you read this, this is no new news for you grow up and be honest will your customers tell them we will finish your site when its conversant for us. Also the designers will only email when the site is done so your site will never look the way you want it unless you call and email hundreds of times. Come on give me an AMEN on this report. Just google search HIT for reviews I am telling the truth as God is my witness and I am LDS also. These are just bad mormons.

7th of Apr, 2010
    HIT Web Design - Didn't recieve my refund
    1460 North Moonriver drive
    Phone: 1800-655-1600
    Hitweb.com

Spoke to Emily on three different occassions about getting my money back. she assured me it was on the way, never seen a dime. So i called back to speak to steven pectol He also assured me that i would get my refund back and I still haven't seen a dime. He told me if i had any questions that he can be reached at 1866-211-0743 ext 1887

9th of Apr, 2010

Everyone who comes in contact with Hit Web Design, seem to have some sort of issue. If your really serious about having them shut down for what ever problem you can't resolve with them. Then I strongly suggest that you start here by signing a petition against them.

Spoke to Emily on three different occassions about getting my money back. she assured me it was on the way, never seen a dime. So i called back to speak to steven He also assured me that i would get my refund back and I still haven't seen a dime. He told me if i had any questions that he can be reached at 1866-211-0743 ext 1887

9th of Apr, 2010

Sign a petition against Hit Web Design.

16th of Apr, 2010

Do not ask for a refund from them as they would only give you 50% back or so. Go to your bank and ask to do a CHARGE BACK against this fraudulent company. You would have to send in paper work to your bank, I got the $2, 000 I paid to HIT back thanks to my bank.

16th of Apr, 2010

I advise you to go to your bank and do a chargeback. I used to be a client of HIT web design, I paid $2, 000 for a website, they gave me the run around and asked me to contact their management. Once I contacted my bank and sent my bank all the information, within three months I got a FULL REFUND from the bank. These people are crooks.

14th of May, 2010
    HIT Web Design - THIEVES
    HIT WEB DESIGN
    Utah

They are thieves. Talk good and give nothing. Making millions. I hope they go to hell. Cost me about 2000 dollars. Jake Payne Laurens SC

• Ox
      21st of May, 2010
    HIT Web Design - scam!
    Utah

If you are having problems with HIT we (oxzen media) will be glad to help you regain some of your assets lost. Mention you saw this post when calling and we will give you an additional discount so you can go on with your business and not have to deal with this company anymore!
    Thanks,

www.oxzenmedia.com
    801-851-5539

• Mb
      1st of Jul, 2010

I am just starting to deal with them and they are horrible with Customer Service. I have asked for various changes and help loading files to my new website but they are not getting back to me...plain and simple!
    I sent an email to the sales rep today in hopes that he would help but no response from him either!!!
    mbct

• Mb
      1st of Jul, 2010

I am just starting to deal with them (3 weeks now) and they are horrible with Customer Service. I have asked for various changes and help loading files to my new website but they are not getting back to me...plain and simple!
    mbct

• Fr
      15th of Jul, 2010
    HIT Web Design - Ripp off
    Hit Web Design

Hit Web Design is a ripp off, They take your money up front and Promise to design the web site in a short period of time. 8 months later the website still does not function. They said they can make it work for more money. Getting ready to file a lawsuite against them. Please do your homework and hire someone local to you, that you can meet with face to face.

• To
      21st of Jul, 2010
    HIT Web Design - Poor Service
    Illinois

I been in business for over 35 years and never have come across a more incompetent bunch of clowns than what resides at this company. If you want poor quality, poor customer service, lost data, unkept promises, bad information, deceptive practices, and a total waste of your time and money then this company is for you! If not, run the other way. How they are still in business is beyond me. What a horrable experinece!

31st of Jul, 2010

Please join the group Hit Web Design Victims - We will start a class action lawsuit

25th of Aug, 2010

Run real fast and don't look back except to check for you wallet. Promises mean nothing to them. Ethics are for someone else. They get so many complaints that their employees are getting testy. Shame, shame, shame. Shame on you if your continue to give them money.

• St
      5th of Dec, 2010

Report them to the BBB!!!

• St
      5th of Dec, 2010

Report them to the BBB!!! They have many complaints!!! they don't know jack!!! i was a victum!!! and many more!!!save your emails that you have of them, report them to the UTAH BBB!!!

• Sh
      20th of Dec, 2010
    HIT Web Design - Terrible company
    HIT Web Design
    hitwebdesign.com

This company is horrible, horrible!
    I paid 2, 000 dollars for a website.
    The design was simple enough.
    After 4 months they still hadn't completed my website, or any of the features I requested, and told me that the features I wanted would cost me, in addtion to the 2, 000 I already spent, another 6, 000 dollars.
    I tried to get money back but couldn't.

• Sh
      20th of Dec, 2010

Please help me take them down. Do the following actions

Contact the ConsumerProtection Program in Utah

Contact the Better Business Bureau

And report them to google so they lose ranking

• Rt
      13th of Jan, 2011
    HIT Web Design - service

https://www.complaintsboard.com/bycompany/hit-web-design-a135422.html ( look at all the ### from these idiots!!!)

• Em

PO Box 1849
    Provo, UT 84603

• Ih
      17th of Jan, 2011

totally agree with you! hit web design is a scam!