HIT Web Design / HIT / Heritage Web Design / Unprofessional and illegal

I have got to put my 2 cents in here. I saw the comments here, on [redacted], and even on the BBB. I also read their terms of service all the way through.

The terms of service are the main reason I cancelled. I never agreed to them and no one in their right mind should agree to such one-sided terms. I encourage everyone to read these all the way through. They even have a clause that if you make a negative comment about them on any online forum that they will charge you a lot of money (don't remember the exact amount).

They also offer no form of product guarantee. The terms state that if you don't like the work they've done, they will make it live regardless of what the customer wants. In either case, they charge a 50% cancellation fee even if they have done absolutely no work on your site. If they have started any design work, then it becomes a 100% cancellation fee. They offer no consumer protection what-so-ever.

So I said I cannot agree to the terms and will not be using them. What did they do? They charged me 50% anyways and purchased my domain name. After a week of calling and emailing, I get an email saying it will cost $50 to get my domain name from them. A fee that was never mentioned by the "program directors" or in any communication from the company. I sent back an email saying if my money is not returned by tonight (this is after a week), then I would be charging them $100/day. See if that works. I finally get a call from Steve, a program director, trying to sell me on the fact that I need to pay them $50 for doing something I never authorized them to do (purchasing my domain name). I say no way, make my demand for the money again and he says he needs to forward this to his vice president.

Everyone keeps saying how cheap this place is. They wanted to charge me $700 for a 6 page site in HTML. I talked them down to $540. Now I have found someone who will do a flash and html site for $500 and I didn't need to sign or agree to any foolish terms of service. So much lowest price huh?

Again I strongly urge everyone to do their homework on this company, read all the complaints, especially read the terms of service, and don't let the sales people fool you.

Comments

• Hi
      16th of Jul, 2009

i am a victim as well ... such one sided terms must be ended . i started submitting content and they say this automaticaly say`s that i agree i didn`t recieve the terms in the mail for quiet sometime after i signed up . I should of saw the red flags when the day after i signed up i went on the web to find heritage now hit web designs and found a page full of compliants . i am a new company and money is tight . after i signed up all these expense`s enhanchements they call them . were expenseive and just kept adding up on my balance. they didnt tell me about a site map for 8 weeks at least .and then that cost three hundred dollars. they now have turned off my website in the middle of the summer . do you or anyone see how turning off a website helps anyone make money ? how do they expect payment when they are keeping me from making money? are they this stupid, term 11 clients approval, i never gave the final go ahead. term 26 90 gaurantee. whern does this start if you dont give the final go a head? i have kept notes on this hit webdesign since march 26th when the complaint page poped up ...anyone care to hear my notes. i am shocked that they feel by turning off my website will get them money any faster ...i could go on for a very long time . but it feels good to vent

shady

• Hi
      18th of Aug, 2009

It is in our best interest to work with customers who have complaints in order to reach a reasonable and fair resolution and establish a long term business relationship. One of the core values of HIT Web Design is to demonstrate our respect and commitment to all of our clients. In most cases, Heritage goes beyond what is fair for the company to satisfy a displeased client.

While HIT is committed to establish long-term business relationships with each of our clients, there is no such thing as a complaint-free company. Research any large company and you will find complaints posted about them on the Internet. You will also discover other "one-sided" Terms of Services.

If you have a specific complaint or concern, please communicate directly with me at QCA@hitwebdesign or CEO@hitwebdesign.com.
    My personal promise to you is that HIT Wed Design will be completely fair and equitable with you.
    Warmest Regards,
    Quality Control Administrator

• Ag
      20th of Aug, 2009

Has anyone noticed that all the responses posted by Hit Management are identical? They have one or two form letters that they slightly modify to fit whatever complaint they are addressing at a particular time... One starts "it is in our best interest to work with customers..." and the other one starts "At Hit Web Design we are committed"... Just check the messages s/he has sent and you'll see!!!

This is yet another proof that they couldn't care less about the customer... Not even for this they take the time to really dig into what's going on...

Anyone for a civil suit?

• Ag
      10th of Sep, 2009

I encourage everyone to contact Mr. Matt Nelson (mnelson@hitwebdesign.com) to try and resolve your disputes. This is what I did and we were able to reach an agreement.

• Po
      21st of Dec, 2009

This company is unbelievable in terms of how poorly they communicate with their customers, record customers work requests, and even working with one another on a customer's website. My time with this company has been overspent and unproductive. I paid for a website 5 pages for $600, which was expensive and I paid for a year hosting in advance at $150 for a total of $750 to HIT. My web design was complete for first week in December, but with a typographical error on a page, the BLOG incomplete, and hyperlinks on my home page deactivated. I've reported this problem for 3 weeks everyday since December 9 to December 21 and will continue complaining until the work is done. I can't get my account manager to return my phone messages or emails. I've tried contacting the web designer. I filed a complaint about my account manager to his manager. I submitted 3 weeks worth of requests to customer service trying to get them to complete my website to no avail. I have filed a complaint with the BBB and am trying to get the work done so I can move my business elsewhere. I knew this company was unethical and shabby at best when I asked a technical person to tell me whether my work request had been logged into their queue. He said yes. I asked if he knew when the work would be done. He said in a day or two. Then I told him that his information conflicted with 2 technical persons I spoke with previously. He changed his story and admitted he really didn't know the answer to my questions. I talked with a manager about this disingenuous person and the manager told me the company would fix my problems. He received approval from his manager and told me my problems would be fixed. That was 2 1/2 weeks ago and I learned the work wasn't even logged into their queue according to 3 different technical persons that I spoke with over the next 2 weeks.

I'm not concerned about the money as much as I am about how they handle their business. When you call in and the technical or customer support person shares information with you about your work activities, you'd better be careful believing the information. I have learned through 3 weeks of tried and tested conversations that HIT's work queue is not very clear to the the customer and technical support people. You can receive different information from one person to the next. Be prepared to spend hours upon hours managing your business with them. They do not confer with one another on your work, they ask you to call the person(s) assigned to your website and hound them. Although, you have no authority over their people's work, you are strongly requested to talk with them directly instead of customer service. When I asked why should I manage HIT's employee's time, the response I received is "BECAUSE IT'S YOUR WEBSITE."

As far as a contract, I received a Terms of Agreement. After reading it, I called HIT to use a condition for which I was suppose to receive for FREE. They told me that the contract I received was not fully applicable to me because I paid for a discounted package and not the BRONZE packet, for which my contract shows. Therefore, I could not receive the service I needed, according to my contact, because there is a variance between what I purchased versus what my contact states.

Also, you need to know that if you submit a work request, DO NOT do so over the phone. You need to submit it through the online process. You will never get your work done by talking to HIT over the phone. If you purchase their service, DO NOT think your account manager understands the contract or is even aware of the fact that you have one. You MUST talk with the account representative so that he/she can inquire from someone knowledgeable in the company to clarify your concerns and questions.

DO NOT give them a credit card that they can debit at will. They will debit your card even though the work is not done and they can't give you an ETA on completing the work.

• Ed
      20th of Mar, 2010

This is my experience as well. They would sell you the Brookyln bridge if they thought they could get away with it.

• Cy
      5th of Apr, 2010

I suggest everyone reading this article check their website to determine if your the actual owner. It seems that HIT registers YOUR domain purchased from HIT actually registers the domain in their name.

Here's an easy step by step process to check your true domain ownership.

1. Go to the following URL http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/index.jsp

2. On the site input your website information - these steps assume you purchased your website from HIT or whatever they are calling themselves today.

3. Example: input "HITWEBDESIGN.COM" or whatever your websites real name is into the "Search all WHOIS Records" portion of the web page

4. In our example "HITWEBDESIGN.COM" is registered to:

ns2.heritagedns.com
    ns3.heritagedns.com

Creation date: 27 Sep 2008 22:30:00
    Expiration date: 27 Sep 2010 22:30:00

Now if you pay attention, it appears there may be some scheme going on in the background beyond what's on the surface. HIT registers domains that people buy from them in THEIR NAME, not your name. THIS MAKES HIT THE LEGAL OWNER OF YOUR WEB SITE, NOT YOU!!!

Why, well I suspect their killing you softly and stealing your property and reselling it under another business. Check out ENOM, INC and you will notice their very similar to HIT. I smell something really fishy going on with this company, and it goes well beyond what is seen.

The signs are all there, you just need pay attention. Scam companies typically will provide very little information pertaining to their actual owners. This is because angry people sometimes become VENGEFUL people.

Moral of the story is if HIT owns your website, tell them you want it registered in your name, not their name. Tell me what happens because I have a friend that's dealing with this issue right now.

Hey HIT, remember the guy who lives in D.C., my friend does not have his domain returned to his name yet. I plan to post and post and post and register complaints until this is resolved.

Can you hear me now? If not the next step is to visit some of our lovely congressional types on capital hill. I am curious what your company TAX records look like?

Maybe the IRS needs to take a hard look at your company as well?

• Ed
      6th of Apr, 2010

Legal investigations should be demanded by the people who have bought their domain names through Hit They seem to be walking on a legal tight rope.

• Ge
      10th of Mar, 2011

YOU CAN FILE A CLAIM WITH THE PROVO, UT POLICE DEPARTMENT. THEY ARE TAKING REPORTS AND/OR COMPLAINTS AGAINST HIT WEB DESIGN FOR ANY FRAUD OR SCAM ACTIVITY. YOU CAN ASK FOR OFFICER DICK OR SGT. CROSBY - 801-852-6231 I JUST FILED MY CLAIM AND RECEIVED A CASE NUMBER. WHEN I CALLED AND MENTIONED HIT WEB DESIGN THEY ALREADY KNEW ABOUT THE COMPANY & COMPLAINTS THAT HAVE BEEN COMING IN. I DID MY PART TO SEE JUSTICE SERVED. I HOPE YOU WILL DO THE SAME.
    PROVO, UT POLICE DEPARTMENT