Hiphopville / Terrible experience

I am a webmaster who used to do business with Hiphopville as a part of their affiliate program. At one point, payments from Hiphopville's owner Jeremiah Cathey stopped, and they started informing me that payments would be soon made. However, no payments were ever made for what they owed me, and I'm still waiting for several thousands of dollars they own me for advertisement space. It's been almost 2 years now, and no payment has arrived.

I have talked with the owner of Hiphopville in person, and he has told me that 'greed' is what keeps his business going. People are willing to take the risk to order flashy clothing from a web site, and this, according to his words, provides him a chance to rip them off.

I urge you not to do any business with Hiphopville, because you will not get what you have ordered. The owner of Hiphopville is trying to cover up his scamming operations on several sites by posting good feedback under different aliases around the web all the time, thus confusing consumers even further.

If the owner of Hiphopville is willing to scam his business partners, it is worth thinking how little of value regular customers are to him. Avoid this company and order your urban clothing from some other, reliable source online.

Va

Comments

• Br
      26th of Nov, 2008
    Hiphopville - online purchase
    Hiphopville
    Coquitlam
    British Columbia
    Canada
    hiphopville.ca

Hello,

I purchased a Star Wars, Boba Fett Hoodie from Hiphopville.ca on Oct.4th. They sent a confirmation and charged my Visa but I have not recieved anything and now they won't respond to my emails.

Thanks,

22647 Ventura Blvd #196 Woodland Hills, Ca 91364
    Woodland Hills
    California
    hiphopville.com

overpaid for item because it was out of stock everywhere else and they were the only ones left who had it(shouldve been a red flag right there) paid through paypal and never recieved anything except for a confirmation of payment recieved email. they have no contact info except to email them through their website which they dont respond to. DO NOT FOR ANY REASON PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THIS WEBSITE!!! THEY ARE A COMPLETE SCAM AND AN INSULT TO THE TO THE ONLINE BUSINESS COMMUNITY! i only hope this will spare someone else from ever having to deal with them. peace

• He
      10th of Jan, 2009

I ordered a hat on Dec. 14th. My status is still cc verification. I also sent an email without a response. I started researching online and found lots of others that were scammed also. One that they took about $1200 out of his account. I immediately called my bank and had my card cancelled. So, if they try to collect on the money there won't be any to take. A lesson well learned. I think I will start getting loaded gift cards if I want to order something on the internet. I would not order anything from this "fake" company.

• Je
      15th of Jan, 2009

Bravo, great story. I am Jeremiah Cathey, been in business for almost a decade. Hiphopville sells to over 100 countries worldwide, of course there is always a percentage of people that will not be happy, have stolen or lost mail and yes unhappy business partners...We are still here stronger then ever and doing more things then whom ever this person is can imagine in all industries. Anyhow IF you have any problem email me directly and I will make sure to look into it and have it taken care of. No need to post messages like a coward behind a computer, anyone can do that and defam anyones name. If you want to post a complaint add your contact info like I'm doing. If not then, that speaks for itself.

jeremiah.cathey@hiphopville.com

There you go, if you have a real problem. Email me then after I take care of it, be courteous enough to re-post here to let people know. Thanks.

Jeremiah Cathey
    Founder
    Hiphopville

• Di
      17th of Jan, 2009
    Hiphopville - Never received order
    HipHopVille
    California

We ordered a Batman belt on December 27, 2008, and they charged my credit. We have not received it and have not received any response to two email inquiries.

• Lu
      8th of Feb, 2009

I am contacting my State Attorney General to launch an investigation into why my order paid for on 1/24/09, including shipping and handling, has not been shipped; I'm unable to get your customer service dept. which can only reached via e-mail, fails to return my inquiries.

27th of Mar, 2009

I emailed you but you don't seem to reply back. What is the point on emailing you if nobody is answering the dam emails. who u ###in wit ...

27th of Mar, 2009

Look at all them complaints man..what the hell is that... wassup with the orders..why are so many peeps pist with your site. and where the ### is my order. im starting to get pist too. and u cal htem cowards coz they doin something about their orders?? HOW THE ### ESLE ARE THEY SUPOSED TO DO ANYTHING ELSE IF YOU DONT REPLY TO ANY OF THEIR EMAILS!!!

AGREE

• St
      4th of May, 2009

How funny the whole Hiphopville site is gone now. Speaks a lot about the "quality" of the operation, doesn't it? I guess Jeremiah Cathey was just scamming while he could, now he's done a runner with the money.

• Ka
      22nd of Dec, 2009

jeremiah catey it's the best scammer of the web. i lose 1400 euro in adwords campaign for hiphopville.ch and i have 4 month of prison for ebay iphone no sending :(