Hip Hop Nails - Gainesville, FL / Nail Salon is a rip off!

United States Review updated:
3.15
Extremely rude employees. Insisted that i needed a new set of nails and when i said no, after working on my nails for a few minutes, told me that i had to wait while he took another customer and started working on her. After 10 minutes, another nail tech started working on my nails and again insisted that i needed a new set of nails. After asserting myself to her and explaining that i did not have time, i told her that i would pay her for what she had done so far and that i would go somewhere else. She wanted to finish my nails and did not want me to leave. She finished the job without speaking to me. My nails looked horrible and I beleive that a 5 year old could have done a better job than what she did. Then when I paid, she asked me 3 times if I wanted to put a tip on my credit card! I left the shop very irritated and upset but refused to argue over the terrible job that she did because I knew that at that point it was a waste of time! Once again, this is a prime example of foreigners getting special privileges to open a business in the US and then using their business to rip off the consumers!
Va

Comments

An
  19th of Jul, 2008
well i think hip hop nails are really good, but uh i only been there 1 time just to get money nails which was very pretty!!! but uh i dnt kno how they really act! but i am going there next week to get money nails again, and i wish they would try me!!! but after reading your story, i am KINDA nervous to go!! but imma walk in like i run the place and they beta not mess up my nails cause this TEEN with a atitude right here will go off!!
La
  17th of Aug, 2008
I agree...I went to Hip Hop Nails for a pink and white set. While the nail tech was filing my nails, she cut my quticle...as a result I told her that I would pay five dollars less. Needless to say the nail tech did not finish my pink and white set.
Mu
  15th of Aug, 2011
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I am sad about this attitude towards "foreigners, " as all of our ancestors were foreigners here at one time. As someone who has traveled to countries where I wasn't an expert in speaking their language I can imagine the frustration that people must go through to try and work with us Americans. Just look at these comments-we are so full of attitude and are very stubborn, other people's cultures aren't like that and that doesn't mean there is anything wrong with them. I understand the frustrations voiced in these complaints, but if you are letting someone work on your body that means that you are trusting them! That means listening to them and maybe going outside the box of what you previously thought...that is how we grow, after all-and it's a god thing! Please have patience and use these situations as opportunities to show compassion to people who are humbly working on people's hands and feet, and who probably rarely get good treatment. How would you feel if you were in their place? We need to be strong women who show love to others, even when it's a challenge! Much love and peace to you, may you be blessed.