Hindustan Times / Renew Coupons Not Received since 8 months.

1 India Review updated:

I am a subscriber of Hindustan Times. I had sent a check of Rs. 195 for 2 years subscription of Hindustan TImes in October 2007. However inspite of repeated inquiries i did not receive any update on the coupons. Finally My check was cleared in Feb 2008. Now even after 2 months of clearance of check The coupons are not been delivered to me. I have inquired many times through Email but still havent received any reply.
The phone Support is the worst thing to be imagined.

Comments

• Ra
      19th of Apr, 2008

I am also subscriber of Hindustan Times. I had paid Rs 240 cash in december but still i couldn't get coupon and gift. I complaint so many times but bounce back in negative responce. Now I stopped to complain to HT. Now I have decide to go to consumer form court because these HT people are thinking they are very smart. Now my last complain will be lodged in court because i am not going to leave these HT People.

• Vi
      24th of Apr, 2008

I need my coupons for the HT subscription for six months paid through hdfc check which is already credited to HT.

My Form no: 158762
    coupon no: 262809

address - C129 pkt I, Kendriya Vihar II, sector 82, Noida.

This is already delayed for about 3-4 months. Kindly take action and reach me at 9899705734/9871549332 immediately.

24th of May, 2008

even i have not received my coupons for form no 154893 marathon cosmos, mulund.
    calling them is useless because the phone always gets disconnected.

1st of Jul, 2008

Subscription Money taken but Subcription coupons not supplied coupons N 210745 .

We had subscribed to Hindustan TImes News Paper coupons for two years. Subscription was in the form of monthly coupons to be given to news paper vendor on monthly basis. Of the two years subscribed we had received coupons only for first twelve months. Hindustan times was supposed to give the remaining 12 months coupon at end of first year term ( June 2008) . But Hindustan times did not give the coupon so I promotly called up the customer care on 65958645 / 9820829447 to (Mahesh kunte & Sunil Gaikwad). The response from customer care was highly irr-responsible and negligent. Initially they said the coupons were despatched to the newspaper vendor directly. So we conveyed the same to the vendor, he said that he did not receive any coupons .. Then I called up the customer care again they said there was a delay in despatch and they were sorry about it and would be despatched immideatly. But till date we have not received the coupons and the money for one year of subscription has also not been re-funded. So I request the respected body to kindly interven and help me get a favourable compensation from Hindustan times.

• Se
      6th of Jul, 2008

I participated in HT City "Party with Bollywood" contest and got a sms from your side to send details but I don't know the key words to send my details to 54242. the details send by me are replied as wrong key words. Please help.

• Vi
      7th of Aug, 2008

Not geting the newspaper... :-( Though have paid for the same in advance...

• Pr
      31st of Aug, 2008
    Hindustan Times - Non-renewing membership
    Hindustan Times
    India
    www.hindustantimes.com

I have applied for renewal of subscription for two years on 30.07.2008 & cheque was collected by your employee Name: Balgovind Thakur & Employee Code: T6X34. with Cheque No: 636407 of Canara Bank. Receipt No: 534362. Also I have receive the Verification Calls from your side for Several times which i have attended and provided all the details which was asked for & Last week I got the call from Hindustan times saying that we have dispatched the coupons which you will receive within few days time. Even day before yesterday i got a call for verification.

Today when I called up customer care they are saying that the cheque is rejected due to verification is pending because of no-response. Now i don't understand that how many times you verify the details & if your customer executives are not updating the details is it my problem. & even you don't believe your employee who is collecting the cheque. I have given my mobile no. & all the time i have got the call on my mobile so how can you say that verification is pending.

What about my next month's subscription as my vendor is not ready to give newspaper from next month onwards. I want justification for the same that how can you waste a whole month just for verification & harassing the customer.

It means that you are not interested in serving the customers.

• Sh
      15th of Oct, 2008

We had subscribed to Hindustan TImes News Paper coupons for two years.I had Given The Cheque Around June'2008. Subscription was in the form of monthly coupons to be given to news paper vendor on monthly basis.But Hindustan times did not give the coupon.But till date we have not received the coupons and the money for one year of subscription has also not been re-funded

15th of Nov, 2008

I have the same fate. Hindustan times has discontinued the news paper supply even after paying for 2 years in advance. Whom to complain?

• Am
      2nd of Dec, 2008

I had subscribed to Hindustan TImes News Paper for one years. After that I paid the cheque for renewal I had not got any booklet and nor any reply from hindustan times.

27th of Jan, 2009

Dear HT,
    I am Ramesh Kasturi Subscriber of Hindustan Times since last 2 years.
    Last year I had registered Hindustan times new paper for 2 year in the Month of March 08. I had given the Cheque of Rs. 195/-. On that time I had received only 1 Year Coupon. but yet I have not received 2nd Year Coupon. 2 weeks before I was called to hepline. from there they said I shall get coupons within a week.
    So kinly suggest me when i am going to get my 2nd Year Coupon.

My details are
    Ramesh Laxmaiah Kasturi
    Cheque No.: 600052. Dt: 05/03/2008 Rs. 195/-.
    my Email ID: rameshkasturi009@gmail.com

Thanks,
    Ramesh K.

• Na
      28th of Jan, 2009

I am a Subscriber of Hindustan Times since last 2 years. Last year I had registered Hindustan times new paper for 2 years. I had given the Cheque of Rs. 195/-. I have not received any Coupons till date. HT staff promise delivery of coupons every time you call them.

I request subscribers having complaints of non-receipt of coupons to file a collective action before a Consumer Court. HT needs to be taught a lesson in case they think they can take their subscribers for granted.

Narayan Kumar Venkiteswaran
    email id: vkumar7777@rediffmail.com

28th of Jan, 2009

even my cheque is cleard but i still have not received my coupons since 4 months dont no what 2 do help?

• He
      3rd of Mar, 2009

Dear HT,
    I am Hemant Nagaonkar Subscriber of Hindustan Times since last 1 years.
    Last year I had registered Hindustan times new paper for 2 year in the Month of Dec 08. I had given the Cheque of Rs. 349/-.which got deposited to HT on 19 Dec 08.

I have to yet received the coupons,

My details are
    Hemant Nagaonkar
    Cheque No.: 639822. Dt: 19/12/2008 Rs. 349/-.
    my Email ID: hnagaonkar@gmail.com

• As
      1st of Apr, 2009

much more problems about coupons in borivali east indevipada area. some mr.kadam has made mischief about coupon and nobody receiving paper.

• Ar
      10th of Jun, 2009

Pls refer to my Hindustan Times Subsscription Id NPCC7093 dtd 13/10/2007.I have received my first year coupon & second is yet to come. There is hardly any responnse from Hindustan Times Side.If i dont get either i shall deduct from my paper vendors account to settle it with Hindustan Times or i shall be force to go to consumer court or other media highlightinhg this cheating issue.. I hope at least a response from the people specially from topmanagement & sack other peoplye who are involved in this fraud issue
    Regards
    Arindam Nag
    9820670166(m)
    nagarindam261@rediffmail.com

• Ke
      24th of Jun, 2009

My father had subscribed to Hindustan Times News Paper vide for two years. Subscription was in the form of monthly coupons to be given to news paper vendor on monthly basis. Of the two years subscribed we had received coupons only for first twelve months. HindustanTimes was supposed to give the remaining 12 months coupon at end of first year term. But Hindustan Times did not give the coupon so I promptly called up the customer care on 67764242 / 67764248. The response from customer care was highly irr-responsible and negligent. Initially they said the coupons were dispatched to the newspaper vendor directly. Even then the subscription coupons were not delivered. .So we had to incur a loss on the differential amount we paid to Hindustan Times and what actually the news paper costs.

But till date we have not received the coupons and the money for one year of subscription has also not been re-funded. Now it has come to notice that Hindustan Times has delivered the coupon to vendor directly instead of the subscriber. Vendor is forging the subscribers signature in the coupon and claiming the money. On talking to people in HT we are still being promised the subscription will be started but we have not received the paper till date and we see no action from people are Hindustan Times.
    Kindly look into it and give back the money else continue sending the paper.

• Cr
      13th of Aug, 2009

Hindustan Times Complaints - Renew Coupons Not Received since 8 months.
    Review all Hindustan Times complaints
    Hindustan Times
    Posted: 2008-04-02 by Aakash Shah [send email]

Hindustant Times
    India
    www.hindustanttimes.com

I am a subscriber of Hindustan Times. I had sent a check of Rs. 349 for 2 years subscription of Hindustan TImes in October 2008. However inspite of repeated inquiries i did not receive any update on the coupons for second year.On inquiry HT representative had statedb that coupans will be sent to paper suppier, however they have also not received the same and they are asking for bill payment. I have inquired many times through phone but still havent received any reply.My form no is 543356.

• Ht
      12th of Sep, 2009

We have subscribed HT coupon for two years, but we received coupon for only one years & was informed that we will get the balance 12 months coupon but more than two months passed away and we are still awaiting for the coupon.
    Please let us know when will we get the coupon ?

Current coupon number : 101866
    Address: Malad East, Mumbai: 400097, Maharashtra

5th of Oct, 2009

I am a subscriber of Hindustan Times. I had sent a check of Rs. 195(No.659632) for 2 years subscription of Hindustan Times in 26 Jan 2008 Form No.280430. 1st year paper delivery was regular. But for second year, not a single paper delivered to me yet. However inspite of repeated inquiries i did not receive any update on the coupons.
    Before couple of months The Hindustan Times Executive namely Mr.Bhalerao(Dombivli) told me, that the coupons were sent to respective Paper Vendor(Mr.Bhagwat) Directly. Still my paper delivery not yet been started till today. I have inquired many times by calling both the HT Executive & Paper Vendor, but still haven't received any reply.
    The phone Support is the worst thing to be imagined. Kindly help in this issue.
    Current coupon number : 280430