Hilton Resort / Bad service
I am going to be starting from the beginning since many things have happened since we spoke on the phone and this way you have my full account of the events that have taken place here at the Buffalo Thunder Resort in Santa Fe, NM.
1. To begin, I had placed $57.00 on the dresser with a detailed list of our honor bar charges. Since we were taking items from the honor bar, we kept a list with the prices on the dresser with the cash attached to it to cover those charges. When housekeeping came to clean our room, they took the money. We called security and they made a report but here it is over 24 hours later and we have no resolution.
2. When we placed our reservation, we were asked if we wanted a smoking or non smoking room. We asked for a smoking room. When we checked in, we double checked to make sure that we were in a smoking room and were assured that we were. When we arrived in our room. there were no ash trays. We called the front desk to ask to make sure again that we were in a smoking room. We were again assured that we were. They also said that they would bring up ash trays right away. Over a day later, we called again to ask for the ash trays. They finally brought them up 2 hours later. Today, we had security come up to our room and tell us that we could not smoke in our room and that this was a non smoking hotel.
3. Our mini bar has not been restocked since we arrived.
4. There is supposed to be a snack bar in our room. We called and asked the front desk about this and were told that housekeeping will bring one up to our room. This has not arrived.
5. We have ordered room service 4 times since we arrived. Not one of these meals was how we ordered it. After the food arrives, we have to call back down to have them bring things up that were forgotten before. These items range from sides of ranch to salads.
6. While sitting at the pool, we called to order drinks at the pool today. This is something that we had done the day prior and had no problems with before. Today when I called, I told the girl what I wanted to order and she was very nice and took down the order and said that our drinks would be right out. 30 minutes later, we had not recieved our drinks yet. I called again and the same girl yelled at me and snapped that our order was not as important as the other orders she had waiting. We never recieved these drinks.
7. After all of the above happened, we went to the front desk to speak to a manager. We were told that all of the managers are in a meeting and that one would get to us as soon as they got out. That was at 3:30pm. It is now 8:00pm and we have yet to speak to any managers on property. Although, I will have to say that the front desk girl that we spoke to was incredibly nice and very good at her job.
We check out in 12 hours and none of theses issues have been resolved. We are paying $159.00 a night for a hotel that has yelled at us and stolen from us. Unless this is resolved before we leave, we will not be returning and we will tell our friends not to stay here either.