Hilton Honors / Service

Jun 30, 2015
Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis
Worst Experience ever! Will NEVER stay at Hilton again! Encourage You to do the same! Call center for HH Honors is turned into a finger-pointing mess! Guess I will be going back to Marriott!
Subject: Follow Up- Stay Treatment and Service Issues
Ms Carolyn Murphy:
As indicated in my previous call and conversations, I am very upset and disappointed with the level of service received from staff quoting the “bible of Hilton” in policy and filing to provide details on what is being done. I am extremely upset this has occurred after several hours and days of trying to prevent this from happening. As mentioned, I also don’t appreciate the rude and condescending treatment from both Josh and Joel (customer experience manager) who states this could take 7-30 days to be corrected.
THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE! (see attached-for dismissive email) I expect a resolution of this issue promptly. This experience has been so terrible with your staff treatment, I don’t want to stay at your property again, and personally this experience has ruined my faith and trust in Hilton property brands by damaging your creditability with me the guest. In addition, this has caused my bank account to go negative due to causing my Wal-Mart Credit card payment of 65.00 plus fees to bounce. Fix it !
Jun 26 at 3:30 PM
Mr. Cobb,
Again, this is not clear. Your poor treatment and many different responses make me still uneasy. Again, what you have provided...
If you use a debit/credit card to check in, a hold may be placed on your card account for the full anticipated amount to be owed to the hotel, including estimated incidentals, through your date of check-out and such hold may not be released for 72 hours from the date of check-out or longer at the discretion of your card issuer.
Is not changing the fact we have heard 4 different stories of this today. I will not be giving you my card. If you want to run as a pre-paid discount rate and cash let me know or I am going somewhere else. Your actions today make me never want to say at Hilton again as a honors guest this has been very stressful to sit in my office and make several calls. I will not be issuing a blank check for unknown charges.

Hide original message
On Friday, June 26, 2015 3:23 PM, Josh Cobb <jcobb@fhginc.com> wrote:
Good Afternoon,
As requested, below is a copy of what information is attached to all room confirmation emails and letters. The paragraph right after the "Please Do Not Reply..." states our policy regarding credit cards. I apologize that you have experienced different accommodations when you have stayed at our hotel. Please let me know if there is anything else that I can assist you with. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Like us on Facebook
Book your next stay on our mobile app
†Visit Hilton.com/guarantee to learn more about our Best Price Guarantee.
* Service of alcoholic beverages is subject to state and local laws. Must be of legal drinking age. Hilton Requests Upon ArrivalTM items are subject to availability.
If you need to MODIFY or CANCEL your reservation, click here.
Any change to the arrival date, departure date or room type of this reservation is subject to the hotel's availability at the time the change is requested and may result in a possible rate change or an additional fee. For example, shortening or lengthening your reservation is subject to availability and may not be possible at a later date. For more information, please click here to see all the rules and restrictions applicable to this reservation.
If you have questions regarding your reservation, please contact Hilton Reservations and Customer Care at 1-800-HHONORS [protected]), click here, or email us at HGIHelp@hiltonres.com.
Hilton HHonors membership, earning of Points & Miles®, and redemption of points are subject to HHonors Terms and Conditions.
View Our Privacy Statement Create or Update a Profile

Unsubscribing from all marketing email will prevent you from receiving your HHonors Monthly Statement. You can continue to check your account by logging into your profile or by calling 1-800-HHONORS. Outside the United States and Canada, please dial + [protected] for assistance.
Notice of Confidentiality: This message and any attachments may contain confidential information. If it has been sent to you in error, please reply to advise the sender of the error and then immediately delete this message.
TM indicates a trademark of Hilton Worldwide.
©2015 Hilton Worldwide Hilton Reservations and Customer Care | 2050 Chennault Drive | Carrollton, Texas 75006, USA
View online

Josh Cobb
Assistant General Manager
Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Downtown
1101 4th Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55404
P | 612.339.6633
Dear Mr. Alexander,
I have communicated with your banking institution to release the held funds. I apologize that we were unable to accommodate your request about forgoing our incidental hold. This is done for every guest, every time. Every hold that we take falls off at check out when the charges are finalized. After that it is up to your bank to release them to you. It normally takes 3-5 business days and could take up to 30. Your bank would also explain how holds work the same way. I have expedited this hold to be removed for you this time, but just for the future please know that we do take holds at check in and we release them at check out.
I hope you have a wonderful day,
Joseph A. Aufenthie

Hold Release - Insufficient Information
Discussion Thread
Response Via Email (Tina) 06/29/2015 10:29 PM
Dear Stanley,
Thank you for contacting Customer Care. We are happy to assist you with your inquiry.
You recently contacted us to request the release of a transaction hold on your account. In the interest of protecting the customer, we require merchants to provide written authorizations clearly stating that they have no intentions on debiting the said transaction(s) from your account.
The letter we received does not provide us with sufficient information to honor the request at this time. The letter did not feature:
• Unable to do a partial release. Indicate transaction amount(s) - listed separately
As such, at your earliest convenience, please contact and instruct the merchant to submit another authorization letter directly to our department at [protected]. For your convenience, we have attached a template of such a form. If you choose to use this template, please remember it will be necessary for the merchant to transfer the document onto their company letterhead for it to be complete. If you choose to have the merchant submit the information without the template provided, please see the criteria below.
The letter should:
• Bear the entity's letterhead and be signed by a manager
• Indicate your first and last name
• Indicate your full 16 digit card number or first four digits and last
eight digits of card number
• Indicate transaction amount(s) - listed separately
• Have a statement that indicates that the merchant will not capture
the funds
For administrative purposes, please ensure that your incident number [protected] is mentioned on the fax cover sheet.

If there is anything else we can do to help you, please do not hesitate to contact us by replying to this email or by calling the toll-free number listed on the back of your card between the hours of 8am and 11pm EST (Monday-Friday). We would be happy to assist you and we look forward to your timely response.
Higher One
Customer Care Department
Where is my 100% Satisfaction Guarantee? I think all Social Media and Media need to know about this one! Shame on you Hilton!