Hillshire Farm / commercial content

1 Talent, OR, United States Review updated:
Phone: 5412278813

Your company has a commercial selling a meat product. It consists of a boy doing an auction with some of his classmates. A little girl comes in with a pony and he says "Sold to the lady with the pony". He is a small child. When I saw this commercial, I thought it was distasteful because of the lesson that it could be teaching children. I looked at it as a superficial act on his part and so did a couple of my neighbors. This was disturbing. Think about it; I am aware that your company is trying to make money but is this the kind of lesson that we want to be teaching our children? We're not trying to do anything to make this world any more messed up. Everybody is equal. If you wish to contact me, please feel free to do so at any time. Thank you

Comments

• Sh
      27th of Mar, 2010

This is the funniest commercial I have seen in a long time. I have loved it from the time I first saw it and even looked it up on the internet so I could watch it over and over again. I love the kid. If children are drawn to the commercial it can give parents an opportunity. Perhaps parents should use the commercial as a teaching moment to explain to children the pros and cons of the concept of selling to the highest bidder. Maybe we also should teach our children to not dwell on the negative they perceive, but to concentrate and focus on turning lemons into lemonade more often!

• Dr
      26th of May, 2010

Ok, well sissie214, in all honesty your complaint doesn't even make sense. Is it my understanding that you feel that having your children see another kid auction/trade off a sandwich to a girl with a pony is somehow morally degrading? I understand maybe if he was not thankful for the sandwich, but it really does not matter. Are you afraid that your kids will think they won't get anything good in life unless they have a pony? Or do you feel that the auctioning kid should have really learned about each kid before deciding who to trade his sandwich to?? Everyone remembers going through a similar event where they had things in their lunch that they didn't like and wanted to trade other kids for something more desirous. But regardless, you make no sense.

The commercial in itself is the least entertaining of the Hillshire Farm commercials i have seen yet. They are usually hilarious, but this one wasn't even that funny.

• Al
      1st of Jun, 2010

YOUR IRRITATING COMMERCIAL, FEATURING SOME FAT, UGLY BLACK...YELLING GO MEAT IS STUPIDEST COMMERCIAL EVER AND IS UNWATCHABLE...
    PERSONALLY, I TURN THE CHANNEL...AND WILL NEVER BUY YOUR PRODUCTS UNTIL THIS COMMERCIAL IS PULLED...
    HERE IS MY MOTTO FOR YOU "GO FCUK YOURSELVES!

• Al
      1st of Jun, 2010

YOUR IRRITATING COMMERCIAL, FEATURING SOME FAT, UGLY BLACK...YELLING GO MEAT IS THE STUPIDEST COMMERCIAL EVER AND IS UNWATCHABLE...
    HERE IS MY MOTTO FOR YOU "GO FCUK YOURSELVES!

• Ju
      12th of Oct, 2010
    hillshire farm - sharp bone piece
    hillshire farm
    Panama City
    Florida

I bite down on a very sharp bone fragment which caused my gum inside my mouth to bleed! I was eating the hillshie farm roast beef deli select, purchased at Publix in Panama City, Florida.

• La
      24th of Jan, 2011

I have used products from Hillshire Farms many times and have had no problem with your products.
    I purchased your Beef Summer Sausage from Wal-Mart Which was very good.
    On a trip to Sam's Club I purchased a package that you call Yard-O-Beef (Beef Summer Sausage ). It was terrible .No Taste mealy with too much fillers.
    Even my Yorkie refuses to eat it.
    Larry Perry
    23506 Nocturne Ln
    Punta Gorda, Fl. 33983
    email larrywpe@msn.com

• Ph
      6th of Mar, 2011

those commercials are ridiculous in every way. go meat? go to hell

• Mu
      11th of Jul, 2011

I often get bone fragments in their hotdogs. Chipped a tooth on one once. The incisor, you can see the tip is gone