Hillarys Blindscurtain & blind order

Order: H4261 / ELTONFL 112897

I placed an order worth £2000 on Friday 9th November.

Firstly I was told at the time I booked the appointment that I would get a further 10% off which didn't happen. I contacted Hillarys within 48 hours of placing this order but was told it had been included - the advisor never mentioned this and so I don't believe this was applied.

Secondly I was told the fitting would take 5 weeks which was a bit of a shock. The reason for using a company like Hillarys was to get curtains and blinds into my new house as quickly as possible.

Thirdly the fitting day was booked for Friday 7th December. At 4.54pm on Thursday 6th December I received a call telling me that one pair of curtains wasn't available and would not be fitted. After 5 weeks!! The advisor did not know which pair it was and initially told me it was one pair when in fact it was another!

Finally during fitting last Friday it transpired that the advisor had ordered the wrong size for my bedroom - he had ordered 108cm drop instead of 180cm drop. An honest mistake and he has provided me with a spare pair but I expected better.

I am in the process of divorce, I am a newly single mother, I am on a budget and I opted to use Hillarys as I expected a professional, efficient and high quality personal service. Kevin did his best on Friday but I am left very disappointed with spare badly fitting curtains on two of the windows two weeks before Christmas.

I expect some sort of offer of recompense for my inconvenience. Every other supplier over the past couple of months that I have come into contact with has been fantastic and it is ironic that the most expensive one, Hillarys, has not been and has let me down.

I await your response and will be expecting recompense for this mess.

Hayley Williams